The Fundamentals DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Okay, I'm sorry!

On the topic of love, I think that should wait until we are actually in the other world and on our mission. We just met, keep it in your pants people. I would like for us to make friendships, however, we will need strong bonds with each other if there should ever be a life or death situation.

Also, I would like for everyone to try and go off my post and continue from there. Sort of restart a bit because I see things got out of hand.

The gun part was actually amusing too, I laughed out loud.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 pm
Sassafras says...

Also, if anyone is planning to drop can you please tell me so I can create your character a very overly dramatic exist.

I would like for everyone to stay, though, I've grown quite fond of the characters you've all created.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:28 pm
DarthAJ says...

Right, I'm going to sleep, I'll continue my characters story in about 8-9 hours. I hope interesting events happen and dinner.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:31 pm
Iggy says...

What, our characters can't interact and talk? Honestly guys, they don't understand what's going on; they're mad and confused. You can't just expect them to be calm about the fact that they were kidnapped and forced to fake a suicide. Seriously guys.

@Shadow: If you're referring to Hanna, she wasn't 'coming on' to you, she was trying to be your friend. If you had read her description, she's a friendly, carng person and she senses that Jayk is troubled.

As for the love thing, I meant if everyone wanted to get their relationship pairs before hand, so the characters could be friends first, then progress towards a relationship.

I mean, this is ridiculous if you expect the MC's to sit around and not pissed about this. Wouldn't you be?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Yes, I understand that, and it was fine until things got confusing. The post others were making were not entirely clicking together.

And with love thing I meant yes, you can have a special eye for someone but I don't think it should be anything too serious right now. After all, if this was real life, some guy or girl would not be the first thing on your mind, ne? Once everyone knows what it is they're meant to do then you can start.

I'm just trying to be realistic. If I was actually in this situation I would be too heart broken to flirt.

I hope you understand.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:39 pm
Rydia says...

I'm glad that we're all talking about this as that will certainly help our storybook! And some of the posts may have been a little bit rocky but despite that it's going pretty well so far.

It's bound to be a bit chaotic with twelve of us, that's so many people to try and involve but no worries, we'll get there.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 pm
jok101 says...

Ignorance perhaps if you kept your post longer than two sentences others would be less oblivious to your intentions. I'm not trying to insult you or anything and I'm not trying to be mean I'm just stating a fact. The fact being that two sentences leaves a lot to be inferred.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Sassafras says...

To answer your question, Ignorance, I would like for the post to be at least 100 characters but sometimes there is just not that much to say and I understand. It would mostly be your character's thoughts and feelings on the current situation anyway, the things they think and feel about the events happening around them. You see?

It would show more of your characters personality, but if you simply do not have 100+ characters worth of things to say then don't sweat it, just get your point across. I just want you to try as much as you can.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 pm
shadowraiki says...

@Ignorance: No, I was just talking about love in general
If words are just letters put together, why do we decide on what they mean?

I step away from the grammar to review the story.

I don't do poetry.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm
Iggy says...

Well, I don't like to god-mod so what else can I say? And my posts have been longer that two sentances, so why is everyone blaming me?! For trying to interact with others? What do I do to make everyone happy, hmm? Everytime I role play, I apparently do something wrong..
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 pm
Sassafras says...

Ah, no, that's not the case at all. Everything was just a bit messed is all. But that's fine, everyone's due for a restart if they would like. Blame it on the heartache and anger and start over.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:53 pm
OnigiriChan says...

I agree with Reise. Also, RP, I love Alice. I'm going to pick on her a bit, okay? She is, after all, Elijah's complete opposite. I think that would be fun.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:54 pm
Sassafras says...

I think that would be fun too. She's too dull to realize your intentions anyway. She'll think it was your way of making friends. :)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 pm
Rydia says...

You're doing fine, Ignorance and nobody is blaming anything on you so don't worry!

God-modding is something we can all be a bit cautious about. One way to get around it is to send a message to the owner of the character you want to interact with and show them what your character is going to say, then ask if they'll send a line back or a general idea of how their character would react. That way you can write more filler without getting the character wrong.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:24 pm
Sassafras says...

Jok asked what this other world was like.

There were essentially four lands in the immoral world: The Water Continent, Fire Continent, Air Continent, and the Earth Continent. But, when The Fundamentals took down Karzai they had to build a new continent to place him because it would be too dangerous to have him in one of the original four. The fifth continent is the Karzai Continent.

We will have to go through all four continents to make it to Karzai's.

The Water Continent: The Water Continent is where the Water Fundamental descents live. They resemble mermaids once submerged in water sort of and, though they can not control the water because they are not a Fundamental, they can breathe the oxygen from the water and survive in that way. They can survive on land also, but under water is their natural habitat. For their tourist who travel there on vacation they have an above water world as well, but most of the beauty is underneath.

Spoiler! :

The underwater world is like the above water world but bigger and with more greenery covering the buildings. There are air tubes twisting and turning through the city so people who can't swim as much as they can will still be able to travel around. This is our first stop.

The Earth Continent: You enter the Earth Continent through a giant tree that stands out once existing the Water Continent. You go into the tree only to emerge in an even bigger world. It's like a lush forest, the people live in a city built on top of the trees. The only reason the structure is stable is because it was built by the Earth Fundamentals long ago, the leaves a top the trees appear soft but won't give away to even the heaviest of weights, the trees and leaves of the Earth Continent are the strongest substance of both worlds and can only be manipulated by Earth Fundamentals. They are resistant to even fire.

Spoiler! :
The World.

Spoiler! :
The Entrance.

This is our second stop.

The Air Continent: You enter the Air Continent by climbing up the Earth Continent's highest tree and entering an air tube, much like those of the Water Continent, that pulls you up to the sky. The Air Continent is held up only because there is no gravity that far up in the air, actually the weight of the buildings and people keep it from flying up into the sky. The residents of the Air have to wear special weights on their ankles to hold them down. It's like walking in space, but with oxygen.

The Air Fundamentals, however, do not need these weights. I'll leave you to figure out why, it's quite obvious.

Spoiler! :

The Fire Continent: The Fire Continent is by far the most dangerous of the orignal four. You enter the Fire Continent through another air tube going far away from the Air Continent, the ride is long only because the Fire Continent has to be far away because the smoke would cause smog for the residents of the Air. There are volcanoes and underground geysers that spit more than hot steam.

Spoiler! :
Image Welcome to the Fire Continent. Enjoy your stay.

Once you make it through the forest - if you make it - there will be a fire temple, the only safe place.

Spoiler! :

This is our last stop before the Karzai Continent.

Karzai Continent:

After walking on for what may seem like forever away from the Fire Continent, the land becomes barren and cold. The only feature of the Karzai continent is the huge castle. That's where Karzai dwells and where we must go to defeat him.

Spoiler! :

This is our last stop. Hope we'll make it this far. (:
Last edited by Sassafras on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla