z

Young Writers Society

Hunger Games 3

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:49 pm
Calligraphy says...

We start at the beginning of the games. So you will be inside a sort of very small force-field for about 5 seconds so you can plan on what to do, then all the force-fields will be released. Everyone runs to get into the action or get away from it.

A. S.

P.S. I will give a ton more details in the initial post that allows you guys to start.

P.P.S. - if you have made alliances please p.m. me.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:53 pm
Blueskysummer says...

Hey, Calligraphy, the boy in your most recent post is Specs, right? I just wanted to make sure before posting.
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

Random avatar

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm
Calligraphy says...

O.K. guys I have forgotten to tell you about the water. It all smells sickly sweet, though besides that it has tons of ashes in it, it does look fine. About three hours after you drink it, unless you have boiled it you will have cramps. You won't necessarily throw up, but the water has living things that attack your nerves causing you to sometimes have spasms.

It is officially morning now (of the second day). That means unless you make a huge post including both, you can't post about just last night/ the fire. Also, the gamemaker will make this announcement at about 8:00 in the morning:

"Tributes the fire seems to have left you with clear sweet water. Do you dare drink it? I noticed that the fountain in front of the cornucopia is up and running again. Maybe that is the only water that hasn't been tinkered with. Then again it could hurt you worse. It is really your choice."

The fountain in Epcot is in fact the only clean water. But, remember that your characters don't know this.

The fire devastated everything, but the grass and trees are quickly growing back.

Any questions?

A. S.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:21 pm
Funkymomo says...

by the only clean water, do you mean the water in the water bottles is poisoned too?
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

Random avatar

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 pm
Calligraphy says...

If your jug was filled at the beggining of the games then it is clean, but any water besides that, such as fountains, water rides, and lakes, is dirty.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 pm
MilkNCookies says...

*facepalm* bring on the sicknesses.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

8 Reviews

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:58 am
Blueskysummer says...

So iodine does nothing to purify the water?
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

Random avatar

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 am
Calligraphy says...

Well, it does purify it of the other stuff you could get and it does help to get the nerve attacking things out, but you need way more than usual and you still may have cramps. So sort of, but not completely.

Random avatar

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:17 am
Calligraphy says...

Name: Luna VonTrapp

District: 2

Appearance/Picture: She is one of those people who eats a ton and is stick thin. She is really tall and wiry.
Spoiler! :

History: She has always worked at the factories. Her life was simple. Always spending her money. Her dad was a drunk and her mom was dead so she didn't care much about anything. She usually lived on the streets. Her best friends Lizzy and Rea usually kept her out of trouble.

Skills: She is very strong for her size and can get herself out of most scrapes. She is also very quick and thinks fast.

Weaknesses: She is over trusting and not careful she acts without thinking same goes for saying things. She isn't tactful and can sometimes be ruff with thins.

Personality: She is very giving and doesn't think before she does. She is very spur of the moment and tom boyish. She doesn't care what other people think and she doesn't judge people. Really, not at all she has not judgment on weather someone is even rich or poor. Nothing at all. She can easily be taken advantage of. She has no fear of anything and if you told her to jump of a bridge for a dare she would probably do it. She is very random and with her you have to expect the unexpected. She also loves words.

Up For Alliances?: In Alliance with Specs, Victor, and Charlie.

Your Symbol:
Spoiler! :

How much are you willing to post: Well, it depends on how much is needed.

Other: I really just made this character for fun and so she can die next. Because I didn't want to force anyone to die too soon that didn't want to. Though we have had plenty of deaths already. So yep.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:44 pm
MilkNCookies says...

That's funny, I'm related to the Von Trapp family!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Random avatar

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:46 pm
Calligraphy says...

haha that is truly awesome XD

Random avatar

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:09 am
Calligraphy says...

O.K. for the next one I have been thinking something a bit, colder? I mean they would actually have a chance with the shelter. I am also going to start in a different spot. I also might spice things up in other ways. But, I still am going to keep the same arena.

What do you think?

A. S/

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:48 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Different spot, same arena? I think that's fine. We seem to be comfortable with the arena we are in, so why mess with a good thing?

Also, I want a winter arena. It was mentioned in the books for past games, but I was a little disappointed when the characters never encountered it. Winter arenas will truly test survival over killing I think.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

8 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 pm
Blueskysummer says...

I had an idea for an arena completely in the dark. then the cornicopia has all sorts of lights and such scattered about, with extra batteries and such near the middle, weak or low-power flashlights in level one and hand cranking/recharging ones further up. It was just an odd idea I had.

I really like the idea of a cold arena, and the idea of keeping the disneyworld layout. everyone is familiar with it, and it's just easy for us. An arctic version would be perfect to mess with the tribute's minds.

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:47 pm
canislupis says...

Ooh, dark would be cool! But I think the winter one would be better outside disneyworld. It's florida, for heaven's sake. It isn't cold. And it wouldn't have to be complicated--a tundra environment would be pretty simple. :D I guess I'm biased because the Disney map won't load on my computer--so I'm basically following other people or shooting in the dark.

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content