z

Young Writers Society

The Fae (Accepting Applications)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Fixed. :)
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 pm
ScarlettFire says...

kidashka wrote:...Which one is the Unseelie Queen?!

Not sure yet. That's up to Dreamy, but I did ask if I could be the Unseelie one first. *shrugs* Anyhow. Dreamy has the last word.

Edit: Profile fixed.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Castilla Mariana Descasano (Queen Casti)

Apparent age: 23

Appearance (be detailed): Very narrow features. She has pale blond hair, and pale skin. Her eyes are bright green, and her natural lip color is between purple and red. She has long fingers, but small feet. Her legs are quite long as well. She is always quite dressed up, and favors elaborate hairstyles.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Allegiance: Seelie

Personality (detailed): She is cunning and clever. Among the court, she is considered very wise, but also intelligent. She doesn't put up with any nonsense. Very honest, and tells things like they are. She is a deep thinker, and is the last person to make a rash decision. She doesn't like seeing people in pain.

History(detailed):

She was born in a poor class family. But one summers day, she ran into the middle of the street while the queen was passing by. The queen was charmed (not literally) by the young girl, and brought the child to the palace.

Casti was taught many languages, and became very intelligent. When the original queen died, Casti took the throne and became a well liked queen. she wanted a peaceful reign, but fate wouldn't work like that.

When the war broke out, Queen Casti put everything she had into keeping as many people alive as she could while still fighting a good battle. Research from the top scholars were put into the best armor and weapons. She wanted peace in the land, but realized sometimes you can only fight for peace.

Powers: Heightened senses, Can put anyone in any kind of pain - emotional or physical. (Includes heart attacks), and the manipulation and creation of vegetation.

Likes/Dislikes: Like sunlight, flowers, life and peace. Dislikes death, destruction, and anything she considers evil.

Abilities: She is very charismatic and has developed a personal poison.

Quirks/Flaws: She can get sick at the sight of blood and also thinks for far too long about simple things.

Other: Not up for love, she must focus on her kingdom.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon May 03, 2010 11:42 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hm...interesting. :D I'll try for the Seelie Queen
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed May 05, 2010 7:10 pm
ToritheMonster says...

After everyone has posted profiles, I'll decide who gets what spot. Feel free to post as many profiles as you want for now!
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 pm
Apple says...

I changed my mind, I'll go with only one guy but before I post I want to know what other faeries you can be. Sorry, I don't know much about that type of stuff.
I spy!

351 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Here's a link to all the fearie types and creatures:

http://ladyaleta.com/aleta/types.htm

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed May 05, 2010 10:12 pm
kidashka says...

Wow. That's a very definitive list. :smt050
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu May 06, 2010 1:41 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name: Brystianne Rotan (Often called Bree or Queen Bree by those close to her)

Apparent Age 28

Appearance: She has a delicate beauty about her. She is small and often dresses (and holds herself) in a way that gives one the sense that she's like a moth or a butterfly. She looks small, pure and looks like if you touched her too roughly, she could break. She has wavy, red-brown hair that falls to her hips. She is very tall and slender. She stands at 6'0" and walks in a graceful way. You can tell she is a woman of power just be her appearance and the way she stands, tall and proud. She has pale skin, silvery-blue eyes, cherry red lips and a perfect, even white smile. People are mesmerized by her smile and it's obviously her most beautiful feature.

Picture her with longer hair. She was the closest I could find to her appearance. :)

Allegiance: Seelie

Personality: She is a little stuck up. She likes the finer things in life, but she does have a good heart. She has learned to mask her fiery personality. However, she will make her opinion known and she (being used to getting her way) will make sure that things will go her way. She is always open to others opinion and she cares about her people more than her own life. She is often very tired because of late nights, staying up and fretting about the things that need to be done.

She has a good head on her shoulders. She knows that sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good but thinks through all her decisions before acting. While she is smart, she's definitely not the smartest one out there. And she'll admit that to you. But do not call her stupid. She will not approve.

She has a very sarcastic and almost bitter sense of humor. She does like to joke around on occasion and to laugh, but because of her job, that’s limited. Those who are close to her know how sarcastic she is and actually find her fun and refreshing compared to her serious and pompous manner. However, few see this side of her.

History: She was born knowing that one day she would be queen. Her mother was the queen before her. Brystianne doesn't even know who her father is, it's one of her mother's most heavily guarded secrets. She doubts another soul, besides her own mother and father, knows.

Bree has been spoiled because of this. She's used to getting what she wants and that's affected her. After all, she was the one and only heir to the throne. When she was younger she used to throw temper tantrums, but now that she's grown up, she finds other ways to get what she wants. She knows better than to act like a spoiled brat. However, that type of environment has made her used to expensive delicacies. Things that she expects and takes for granted.

Brystianne found a short-lived love a long time ago. About three hundred years ago, in fact. She was considered more of a teenager than anything in those years. Her mother disapproved because he was nothing but a peasant, but Bree was sure she loved him. In fact, she snuck out just to see him. His name was Matthew. She was almost killed by a few villagers one night, about thirty five years after they started seeing each other (which, considering how long she’s lived, isn’t very long at all), who sought revenge against the Queen, Bree's mother. They had her tied to a tree and were flogging her, as if they planned to beat her to death. Luckily, she was saved by Matthew and a group of his friends. He took her home and when her mother found out she decided to tell her daughter that Matthew had died in a fire that the same villagers had created. She did it to protect her daughter, although Brystianne still cries over it to this day. Bree can never forget him, and Matthew, who actually still lives, thinks about her everyday. He was told to never come to find her and he believes that if they do try and see each other, he would risk both of their lives. He also thinks that Bree is scared and no longer wants him.

However, she’s had a few close male friends in her time. They are just little pets to her, though. No one, and she means it, could ever make her feel the way that Matthew did. She doesn’t even want to try for that.

Around one hundred years ago, her mother was murdered. Many blame the Unseelie queen, but no one really knows. Bree’s mother had made her way back home, to the kingdom, not able to tell anyone where she had gone or what had happened. She died in her room not three hours later. The healer was baffled on why she couldn’t heal Brystianne’s mother. That's how Bree came to the throne. Overcome with grief, she reluctantly took her place as queen and vowed to protect their kingdom with everything that she had. She promised her mother that. They both cared for the kingdom more than anything.

So Brystianne must forget her own grief and fight for her kingdom with all her might. It means more than her own life. And she does her job well.

Powers: She can bend anothers will to her own. This is her greatest power. It's not quite like 'mind control' because everyone has their own free will, but she can easily change one's opinion. It's easier or harder depending on the person.

She can also tell what someone is thinking. Not like mind-reading, but like sensing what someone is about to do, or what they want to do.

Can create weak force fields to block minor attacks. Bree likes this power the most but can't seem to be able to work it well.

-Being in charge
-Helping those in her kingdom
-Rain
-Flowers
-Standing up for what she believes in
-Winter

Dislikes:
-The Unseelie Queen
-Death
-Crying
-Anything that appears weak
-Humid weather
-Summer

Abilities: She can easily bend other's will to her own without using her powers. She’s actually a fun person once you get past her ‘royal’ exterior. She is a people person and that comes in handy being a queen.

Flaws: She’s is clever and not at all stupid, but she has trouble thinking on her feet. She can’t make good decisions quickly. Sometimes she can be a royal pain (I am loving these puns xD) because she was born into an environment in which she was used to having the best of everything. She will no longer throw a tantrum to get what she wants, but does have ways to get the things she does want (see history). And while that makes her determined, it also makes her hard-headed, weak, and selfish.

She is easy to fire those who displease her and she isn’t open to anyone emotionally. She’s very cut off from the rest of the world.

Other: She isn’t up for love but she is up for little relationships (that will not be taken serious at all, she just has people that interest her for the moment) and for friendship. She’s never really had a true friend before (if you don’t count Matthew – who was more than just a friend).

Also, if I get the part as Seelie Queen, someone could make the character profile for Matthew and we could have twisted romance going on. :D
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

351 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2010 1:04 am
ToritheMonster says...

great profiles, guys. Just remember that there will only be one Unseelie and one Seelie Queen, so if you want to guarantee yourself a spot, try making another profile for a different charrie.

199 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 10:27 pm
Apple says...

Name: Temperance Rosella

Age (in faerie): 156

Apparent age: 16

Appearance (be detailed): Medium brown hair that comes past her breast line in a straight like stature. Her saffron brown eyes look more almond like then round, and is often commented upon them (Freaky, weird, Witch). Temperance has a light olive skin complexion which is usually hidden under a length amount of clothing. For a female, she is rather tall standing at 175 cm, she often tries to hide this though fails miserably.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Allegiance: Seelie Queen

Job: Vagabond, Temperance was born a traveller and still follows through with it. Often she will resort to thievery, and isn’t ashamed to pick pocket the rich folk or steal from their very own homes. She has often nearly been caught, though she tends to erase any trace of herself ever being there. Temperance is a sky-dancer, it is in her blood. She will often display shows for extra money, also.

Personality (detailed): Temperance often takes on an innocent, graceful person whenever she is around a large amount of people. Though she is plotting her next victim in which she will weave a webbing of trickery, and theft. She is very childish, spontaneous and bubbly; usually she will play around with the younger children and no on heeds her even a thought. Temperance is very cunning and is always on her guard, she doesn’t snap at people and prefers to bottle her anger, though, her wrath is very intimidating and frightening.

History: Temperance was born and raised in a moving caravan, which usually was always situated within a forest. During this she was taught to sky dance under the eye of a very optimistic mother. Temperance never liked dancing in the sky; she preferred fighting, and trickery. She would often run from her practices to steal or train herself in combat. When her family where commanded to put a show or the UnSeelie Queen and her court, Temperance couldn’t help but steal a few things whilst her family placed on a show.

Unfortunately, Temperance was caught and was to be beheaded. Her family left her in disgrace to her untimely death. Temperance managed to escape from the prisons just before her sentencing and instead of trying to find her family she set her own life down as a vagabond. Using her knowledge in thievery she managed to steal everything she could, her combat skills increasing. How much she hated it, Temperance had to learn to sky dance and to her great demise she is wanted by all to entertain.

Powers: Temperance can take control of crystals and often can wield the powers locked within. It is a small power and very untrained though she is but the only one with ability. She hides it from all and none has seen the power she can call up using crystals that have a hint of fey magic within them.

- Temperance loves a sucker who she finds easily to manipulate.
- She has a very large sweet tooth, and is often found chomping on sweet things.
- Temperance is fond of bright colours and silk and intricate ribbons.
- Gold and Jewels take her fancy, more than anything else.
Dislikes:
-The UnSeelie Queen
- Sky Dancing.

Abilities: Temperance has a wide ability in thieving, sky dancing and combat. Those three things are what she trained herself in for, without these things she would be nothing.

Type of Faerie: Asparas; also known as sky-dancer.

Quirks/Flaws: Since a sky dancing accident, Temperance has wounded her ankle, she often pretends that it isn’t there, though the pain can often become unbearable that it haunts her dreams. If she runs the pain will shoot up her leg, and will slow down her speed drastically.

Other:Up for love.
I spy!

199 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 10:29 pm
Apple says...

I just realised I was supposed to make a guy character. Sorry, I totally forgot. I don't want to get rid of my previous character though, because I love her to much. I'll just have to make a twin guy if there is no guys.
I spy!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat May 08, 2010 10:33 pm
kidashka says...

Hmm, yes, but we'll be cut down alot in numbers anyway as there are currently five queens. =|

Hopefully dreamy will choose two so that people can make new characters and we can start.

HEYHEY just realised summat. Will you be a Seelie first officer so he and my character can be dating? :D
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

199 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2010 11:16 pm
Apple says...

Sure. I just have to make him first, and since I'm supposed to be doing an assignment it won't be up to a 'lil later. Five queen, ha? I'm guessing that queen spot is pretty popular.
I spy!

351 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:32 am
ToritheMonster says...

Okay! The Seelie Queen is: WhiteTiger93 and the Unseelie is Scarlettfire. It was a really hard choice. Everyone else is encouraged to make profiles for other characters!

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken