7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:10 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

I'd love to join! and try out this new character I've been working on~

Spoiler! :

Name: Aion

Age: 13 (people from Ancient Egypt were unlikely to live beyond 40)

Gender/Pronouns: He/Him

Race/Species: Half-human, Half-celestial entity

Time Period: Ancient Egyptian Era - under King Tutankhamun's reign (around 1324 B.C.E)

Appearance (picture or short description):

Short, tousled, light-ash brown hair (w/ a copper tinge) and a sandy, light-almond skin colour. For clothes, he wears a long, shirt-like garment tied at his waist: a white loincloth and sash, along with a small armband, headband and neckpiece which match the jade-green hues of his eyes.

Personality (short description): Independent, Self-motivated, Materialistic, Wry + Snide, Slick, Resourceful.

Powers (if applicable): Possessing stellar, celestial magic

Weapon of Choice (if applicable) all naTuraL~

>> Additional info <<
Profession: Merchant
Nationality + Ethnicity: Egyptian + Nubian(who are descended from an ancient African civilisation; most Nubians lived along the Nile river).
Relations: Older brother - Moshe - Merchant; 4th level in ancient egyptian social hierarchy, and Father - Senet - Scribe; 5th level of ranking/standing, and Mother - Sabah - Artist; 3rd level from bottom of social pyramid.
• • • • • • - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - • • • • • •
Backstory:
- As a merchant, he regularly stocked up with goods from shipments at the Nile River, accruing high-quality material gathered from Nubia's gold mines and elsewhere, travelling and trading: making a name for himself.
{Side note: common forms of currency were copper, silver, grain & textiles.}
- Though, with a hunger to rise above the market competitions, Aion undertook an expedition for greater bounties.
- During his travels, he stumbled across a meteorite crater, littered with never-before-seen desert glass fragments; these precious stones ranging from shades of transparent yellow to full-bodied gold came from a magical asteroid -- unbeknownst to him.
- As he slid down into the crater to collect his share of the ores, Aion inhaled the lingering traces of thick, torrid stardust, nearly choking to death on the sultry, scorching gas.
- From breathing in the cosmic energy, he had consumed magical matter.
- He underwent a transformation process, gaining celestial, stellar properties.
- His transcendence has cursed him with temporary, uncontrolled episodes of transparency, falling into an intangible state of humanoid matter for several minutes.

>> Some background historical info <<
- Libyan Desert Glass, also known as Libyan Gold Tektite or Great Sand Sea Glass, is a unique and nearly pure silica tektite formed from a mysterious meteorite impact -- generating enough pressure to form reidite (a rare mineral; a form of zircon) and enough heat to melt sand, resulting in the formation of desert glass fragments found in the Lybian Desert -- occurring 26 million years ago (just before the Neogene Period).
>> Further Character Info <<
- Depending on the level of energy exerted (or amount of mana/magic expended), parts of his figure will dissipate into dense gas and dust for a conditional period of time.
- The effects of his magic are also determined by the energy's origin.
>> ENERGY Spells + Origins <<
--- Energy origin: Palm(s) ---
> Spell: Star Shower
A scattering spray of scorching dust and trails of radioactive soot will cover a great expanse, resulting in all targets exposed to be mutated by radioactivity.
Cost: Tangibility lost from that hand; it will melt into molten vapour and a effulge bright light ( w/ a time range of 1-2 minutes up to several hours).
--- Energy origin: Eyes ---
> Spell: Energy Pulse
Targets that look him in the eye are blinded and disoriented.
Cost: Temporary blindness (w/ a time range of half an hour up to half a day).
--- Energy origin: Chest ---
> Spell: Energy Dispersal
An unstable cloud of thick energy is diffused, suffocating all those exposed in flakes of hot fume and dense gas.
Cost: Whole-body dissipation into a dense cloud and singular mass of energy for a period of time (usually suspended for a day, but can last up to a week).
Last edited by sakeofvanity05 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:55 am, edited 24 times in total.
"It was a great mistake, my being born man;
I would have been much more successful as a seagull or a fish.

~ Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey Into Night

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:19 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Wow! It seems like you really know your stuff. We'd be happy to have you. So that brings us to the starting position of four, once looseleaf and GrandWild create their characters. Now we can start discussing the plot!
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:24 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

sorry for the long post--!
also... is it alright that I haven't visited the workshops for new roleplayers? I'm happy to learn, but it may take some getting used to! so I apologise in advance~

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:24 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

No worries at all! This is my first time leading a roleplay, so we'll be learning together—no need to apologize.
She/They/Fae

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 am
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

it's your first time leading? I wouldn't have guessed. you're doing great! is roleplaying similar to dungeons and dragons? I've heard there are so many races + classes of characters to choose from with dnd.
Last edited by sakeofvanity05 on Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:30 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Well, thank you!
That honestly depends on the roleplay. Some are similar to DnD, and some aren’t. This one isn’t that similar, especially since I’ve never played, but I’m sure there’s several on here that are.
She/They/Fae

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:29 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Not to be a party-pooper here, but I'm personally not a fan of Aion's "Exploding Nebula" ability where the target "fades from existence". Kinda makes him OP.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

31 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:39 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

I can see that. The last two are powerful, especially since the side effects are temporary.
She/They/Fae

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:54 pm
View Likes
sakeofvanity05 says...

@InuYosha okay, whoops~ thank you for telling me.
I took out Exploding Nebula and Supernova and made a few changes.
let me know if there are any still too advantaged so I can modify or remove as I go
~ I also linked to the reference picture I had in mind for Aion. (I looked up how to input an image...)
~ and feel free to visit the url and read through the site! it covers an ordinary day in the life of an ancient egyptian merchant, going over trading, bartering and whatnot.
Last edited by sakeofvanity05 on Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:39 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

That looks a lot better! Thanks for the picture too.
She/They/Fae

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:01 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Okay. I have decided it’s time for more info on TDRs because this bit is vital. So, there are three types of these things, all with different characteristics. If none of this makes sense, feel free to ask clarifying questions.

Rearrangement TDRs: These are your standard TDRs. They don’t last long and usually fizz out right after someone pop through. They’re invisible to the average person and are mainly undetectable through other means as well. These only result in time travel to another active Rearrangement TDR.
Volatile TDRs: These are the most chaotic TDRs. Extremely unpredictable, but they usually result in travelling to an alternate universe. It can lead to either a Rearrangement TDR or another Volatile TDR. Invisible to the average person, but close proximity causes feelings of something being slightly off.
Replacement TDRs: The universe’s attempt at fixing its mistakes. These TDRs take the misplaced back to their correct timeline and universe. They’re visible to the misplaced and look like thin cracks in the air. They’re hard to find, and there’s probably no more than twenty worldwide at any given time.

Extra info, there is a group of people that can see any TDRs and can tell the difference between them. These people are born, not made. It is impossible to learn how to see TDRs. Albin is one of these people and works for the TRRA or the Time Rearrangement and Replacement Agency. They have districts all over the world, with different leaders for each one.
She/They/Fae

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:59 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Abel Richmond
Gender/Pronouns: Male, he/him
Race/Species: Caucasian human
Time Period: 1926
Appearance (picture or short description):ImageBlue eyes, brown hair. About 6' tall with a very charismatic smile. Face claim is the spectacular Peter Cushing!
Personality (short description): Energetic, he loves to talk and seems outwardly like a very friendly person. However, there's a conniving nature about him that serves him well in his occupation as a bootlegger.
Powers (if applicable): Perhaps there is something of the fae in his vulpine grin, or maybe people feel more inclined to do as he says when he uses a certain tone of voice, but that's all hearsay. It must be, mustn't it?
Weapon of Choice (if applicable)One might argue Abel's silver tongue serves as a weapon, but if it comes down to it he's fairly adept with a revolver or a tommy gun.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:07 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

That character looks great, GrandWild!
She/They/Fae

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Thank you!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

31 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

So, we all have men characters who's names start with the letter “a”.
She/They/Fae

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown