z

Young Writers Society

♔Victorian Dives♔ OOC

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:05 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

@Vil just some quick questions: Are you accepting all magical abilities, and can the characters be any age or do they have to be professors?
She who calls the stars to shine

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:10 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Characters can be any age. I won't say that I'm accepting all magical abilities-- somethings just are too OP, etc. If there's an issue, I'll PM you :P
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

Random avatar

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:12 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Gotcha. Thanks for answering!

Random avatar

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:30 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Ahsdflkhsfdshfh another question! Are things like werewolves, werejaguars etc allowed? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I wanna be 100% certain.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:34 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Is there still room in this? If there is, I'd love to join!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:14 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@Plume Yes!!

@AshlynPhoenix I'm nearly done with my list of races. I just need a teeny tiny bit more time XD
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:58 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Here are the acceptable races!

https://vil.writerfeedpad.com/270

1. Human
2. Light Elf
3. Dark Elf
4. Dwarf
5. Centaur
6. Faun (donkey or sheep legs)
7. Satyr (goat legs)
8. Naiad
9. Dryad
10. Halflings
11. Goblins
12. Orcs
13. Trolls
14. Giants
15. Fae
16. Tieflings
17. WereWolf
18. WereCat (see me for detailed desc.)
19. Fair Folk/Fae
20. Leprechaun
21. Dragons (disallwed to to size)
22. Lizard Folk
23. Vampires
24. Merfolk
25. Nymphs (non Naiads & Dryads)
26. Sprites
27. Kitsune
28. Cyclops
29. Shade
30. Necromancer (see me; also, this race will be the subject of several history lessons, so you may prefer for your character to learn about them first :P)
31. Ents
32. Demons
33. Angels
34. Dark Angels
35. Griffin
36. Chimera
37. Sphynx
38. Gnomes
39. Imps
40. Minotaur
41. Harpies
42. Wight/Wraith
43. Gray Wolves (see me)
44. White Wolves (see me)
45. Black Wolves (see me)
46. Siren
47. Valkyrie
48. Pure Ones (see me)
49. Hybrids (a mix of 2 or more races)
Last edited by Riverlight on Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:28 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

It seems I am very forgetful this morning XD

So, the Latin (or is it Greek?) phrase in the letter will teleport the student character to the Deputy Headmaster's office to prepare students for their schooling. I'll try to create an acceptable student schedule soon so that everyone's faculty members get a chance to teach.

Also, something I'd like to experiment with--

What if we created an optional "homework" assignment for each class? For example, if Professor Moriarty "assigned" practicing a specific potion for homework, you could write a story or poem and consider the assignment" complete. Would anyone be interested in that? It'd be totally optional, of course, just an idea :P

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:02 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

@TheScribe I was gonna make my person excel at summoning/necromancy type magic; would they need to be a Necromancer as a race for that? (and if so, can it be mixed with something else?)

I don't think they'll be teaching that, though. Maybe a version of it, communicating with spirits or something, but not like, how to raise the dead 101.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:06 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Summnoning is alright. Necromancy-- not so much due to lore reasons. To summarize the lore, basically Necromancers start out as skilled healers of any race that attempt to raise the dead (thus becoming the "ultimate" healer). After they successfully raise their first dead person, though, a Necromancer loses their soul and goes mad. More will be explained in various classes. :P

Communicating with spirits is good tho!
Last edited by Riverlight on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:07 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@TheScribe I think the homework idea sounds pretty cool! (And definitely more fun than real-life homework XD) But I feel like it’d also be neat to write what happens as our characters attempt their homework? (For example, if someone tries to complete their potion assignment but ends up dying their hair orange or something :p) Is there a way to do both? Or did you mean something like writing a story about our characters doing the homework?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:09 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@Spearmint Yes, that'd be interesting-- I'd love to see someone walk into class the next day with Cheeto-colored hair XD

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

TheScribe wrote:Summnoning is alright. Necromancy-- not so much due to lore reasons. To summarize the lore, basically Necromancers start out as skilled healers of any race that attempt to raise the dead (thus becoming the "ultimate" healer). After they successfully raise their first dead person, though, a Necromancer loses their soul and goes mad. More will be explained in various classes. :P

oh that just makes me want to play with it more :smt083
Soulless magical mad things are my specialty, but I'll settle for a family history of it and some summoning-gone-wrong in their youth c:

They're not a fan of magic, lol. I'll put up a profile in a bit, when I have time to properly work on it, but think broody mess of charming awkwardness haunted by scars of the past, or something to that extent, probably.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:31 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Heyo @TheScribe, I was just wondoring if there is a specific year that this is starting from? Im asking bc I want to centre my characters fashion after what would have been the fashion in that year(s)
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:37 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@LadyMysterio 1885

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro