z

Young Writers Society

What Happens in New York, Stays in New York DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:27 pm
Daenyss says...

I think all I came up with was "People are in New York. They do stuff."
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:31 pm
Sujana says...

I think you'd like the Roleplay Realm thread, they're more lax about these things than Storybooks. You can probably just jump into a Roleplay thread and add a character and do whatever the situation tells you too.

But yeah, we can be flexible with this. I'm curious. You write the first post, then we'll see if a story spawns out of thin air.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

30 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:35 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

I've done that once or twice. I really just imagined a bunch of people with things to hide somehow all meeting up, and maybe they don't trust or like each other, but their stories become intertwined. Then some of them have to go home, and what happened in New York wouldn't fly at home, just like what happened at home doesn't fly in New York. So things get complicated.
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Idea I just had: there's a new "group" for "troubled youth" (<25) but it's just a front for something, and that's how our characters meet?
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

I'm down for that.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:38 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Like possibly a front for like something to do with crime or something more "extreme" than a recovery group for troubled youth
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:40 pm
Sujana says...

Pardon, kat, can you explain that concept again? I think I like it, but I didn't quite catch it. Do you mean a Recovery Group that's actually a crime syndicate, or a Crime Front that's a secret Recovery Group?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:43 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Like the group presents themselves as a recovery group for troubled youth, but it's a front for something. It doesn't have to be criminal I just threw that idea out
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:45 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

And it's either by choice, or in say your characters case, forced by some sort of judgement or probation
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:46 pm
Sujana says...

Interesting. I like it. But I don't really think Sierra is that troubled? What do you think, @Daenyss ?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:47 pm
kat13254 says...

Or like a group for youth in need of help
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:49 pm
Daenyss says...

You know my dramatic works. Just because I don't present someone as troubled doesn't mean I can't make them troubled. It's known she has a bad relationship with her parents - why? What did she do? All things I can build off of.

383 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:54 pm
Sujana says...

lol, Fair enough. I'm going to make a post, but I think mine will be a little more separate and elaborate. You all want me to incorporate the beginning of the Front of Whatever?

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:55 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

If you wanted @Sacredlege your character could be pretty 'in' with the behind the scenes of the group
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:55 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

I think it would make the most sense for your character to start that thread, just based on what we already know.

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy