No - just no, kek
No votes

Total votes : 3

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:23 am
Lumi says...

Calling off the hounds now. JKHatt has decided not to join us, which is cool. Maybe he'll come along later.

To change things up a bit, I'd rather have someone else begin the story - as it's my stance that stories worth telling very seldom begin with the leading man leading.

My first thought is of @Holofernes, with Elyn likely arguing with Malek about ridiculous things.

If no one wants to start, however, I'll have something in eventually. Just know that I have no intentions of half-assing this, so the written entries are going to be a bit intense.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

This is a thing that I can do.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:19 pm
Lumi says...

Name plates to make things look good. (Also, it's not a Lumibook until you have graphics~!)

For @Lumi:

For @Holofernes:

For @Tuesday:

For @BiscuitsBatchAvoy:

For Wolfare1:

I'll put them all on the front page of the DT and SB so you can have easy access. It's not big deal if you don't put them into your post header - I can do that for you with my super mod powers.

And I'll have one for @TheWanderingWizard once he whips up his character.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:36 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

For reference, our first set of patch notes:

Glory of the Raider 1.0

♦ Currency introduced for all lands under the allied banner of Highmoon. The highest valued coin is Sol. The second most valued coin is Luno. The lowest-valued coin is Ivy. As of now, these currencies do not affect playstyle.

♦ Carteneau, the Captain of the Elderwood Scouting Legion, will be our primary quest-giver for the beginning levels. This story arc will culminate into the invasion of Malice forces in a day or two.

♦ Challenges will be posted once everyone has posted at least once in any rotation to further the story. While these challenges will reward SB Badge points, they will also give you in-game bonuses otherwise unattainable through normal story mode.

♦ Pending a vote, a currency system and vendor table will be available in the Resource Document to enhance your character's spells and abilities beyond their normal attributes.

♦ A bonus buff will be granted to the party member who contributes the most to the story, meaning that the person who posts most often will be given the Valiant Adventurer buff, allowing them to occasionally tap into a high-level ability or spell that would otherwise be unattainable at their current level.
-Shinji Moon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:47 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

also

♦ all elves are french

my opinion on the vendor table is yes if it's possible to integrate it in the story in a fun way.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:43 pm
ExOmelas says...

I intend to post by 3am tonight. If I have not done so, please nag.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:57 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

My profile is ready to be judged! I was unsure about the spellbook, so feel free to change something there. @Lumi
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:39 pm
ExOmelas says...

@Tuesday I realise that my post ended with Malek but I was thinking maybe he could fall in and Gafna could save him or something.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:56 pm
Tuesday says...

@BiscuitsBatchAvoy Okay. I'll have my post up by the end of this week or something >.>
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 am
Lumi says...

@Holofernes is gonna go next, then I'll follow him. Actually, if it's okay with you guys, I'd like to stick to that four-step rotation for a while until we get comfortable.

Tonight, I'm working on the deities of the different races. There are bits hinted here and there about the different Alliance races and their religion, but I thought I'd elaborate a bit.

So a few centuries ago, the Redeye people worshiped the great Elder Dragon Kazramath; however, during a war between the Kobolds (who are a lesser-evolved draconic species similar to Redeyes) and Sylphs, the Kobold summoners brought forth a physical manifestation of Kazramath, and he destroyed the outer reaches of the Elderwood, which then became the Koboldi Badlands.

After that incident, the Redeyes were forsaken by the Sylphs and demonized by history due to the actions of their little brothers. As a response, they totally divorced their society from the Kobolds and renounced Kazramath as their god. It was in that same time that the warchief of the Redeyes, Shiva, was found to have powers outside the realm of the typical magicks of the land. She was revered as a Saint, and from then on out led her people from the clutches of history's shadows.

So Kazramath is a 'proven' god.

On the other end of Angara you have the Aviti, who live in the floating city of Vashna - which was landlocked until the Aviti people prayed, during an invasion of Malice forces, to their patron ancestor, Rerenega. History dictates that during the heat of a massive invasion, the city-state of Vashna became encased in clouds and vanished, leaving a great crater in the middle of the Eos desert.

To this day, the city of Vashna lingers in the sky, accessible only by airships typically launched from Warren, the Rodere capital. In this light, Rerenega is also revered as a proven god.

_____

Sylvan history dictates that when the first humans awakened from the depths of the Elderwood, they caught glimpse of a great bird dousing the moon with fire to bring daylight to Angara. This legend evolved into the human god, Phoenix - though the name is sometimes contested.

This contested religion gave birth to two temples being erected in the human city-state of Thundercrest. Both are adorned with winged statues - but while one is a true legendary bird, Phoenix, the other portrays a beautiful, angelic woman with six wings, known as Iris.

As the human lore evolved, the two sister goddesses became just that: Iris represented birth and the sewing of new life. Phoenix represented rebirth, reincarnation, and the harvest of ripened life. Needless to say that the warriors of the human race called on Phoenix to protect them in battle - and even wore armor adorned with feathers of steel that could be used as salvation weapons in times of dire struggle.

Likewise, the priesthood of the humans took up the mantle of calling on Iris for healing and fertility. And it was with that sisterhood that the human civilization thrived unlike any other - undefeated in battle, unshakable in willpower.

And then, as poets say, the sisters blinked.

_______

The Rodere are much simpler, I think, because their society is about innovation and exploration. They've accumulated deities over the years, but one gem of lore always remains: Daedalus. Quite literally the inventor of the airship, Daedalus perished as a mercenary during the siege of Vashna at the hands of Malice forces.

The Rodere revere him as a muse for innovation; and rumor has it that their lead engineer - and governor of Warren - Kait has constructed a new type of ship: that which can float across water long distances. Longer than any airship could travel on limited resources, at least. It is this battleship that carries Daedalus' legacy, though it is not quite ready to explore the great sea. Maybe soon, though...

______

I also have information on the Scourge deities, but you'll find out about them in time. ;D
-Shinji Moon

62 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:09 am

My post is basically finished, but I have two queries- 1) Do the Malice Forces have a specific crest (that appears on their airships, banners, etc), and 2) When will I be receiving my Character name plate.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

@TheWanderingWizard --> Enjoy an early-morning quickie.

The Malice insignia, stolen from Sylvanas' royal guard from WoW:
-Shinji Moon

62 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks @Lumi! I'll get to work on the finishing touches tomorrow, and post then!! *runs off to go sleep*
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:12 pm
Lumi says...

I just remembered that I told @15253 that I would invite him to the remix of Glory Online.

YOU'RE INVITED if you want in.
-Shinji Moon

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:07 pm
StupidSoup says...

Cool? Cool.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice