z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:11 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Finally! *plays the Hallelujah chorus*
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:16 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Yay, a storybook challenge! Commence with the fanfare! :D

I needed something to cheer me up. My idea for a novel is going good, but I'm killing off a lot of my characters and it's starting to depress me. XD.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:43 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Storybook challenge, huh? Interesting, to say the least... Fork it over!

@TheSilverFox Then play some amazing music in the background to cheer you up! Or keep some of them alive!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:04 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: Well, it's not like I'm killing everybody. :P. Some characters die in the course of the story, others are exiled or defect to other sides, and most everyone else gets arrested in the end. Except for the honest people - I'm keeping them around. Well, not before they get lambasted by their family members and placed under house arrest.

Yeah, I need to play some epic music. My MP3 player, here I come!

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:17 pm
Charizard821 says...

@Tortwag, that's what I mean! Sometimes, no matter how professional people sound, they're still practically insulting you. How dare someone tell you that maybe you aren't suited for writing. But as bad as that is, I, at one point, had my morals questioned. My MORALS. The things I hold closest to my heart. After writing a piece about removing the insult from the word retard, I was literally told things like "Why'd you waste yours and my time on this when there are way more important problems out there", and: "if you can't pay attention to simple details, then you aren't an activist. You aren't on our side". Oh, and let's not forget: "I can't stand people who make blatant claims without first doing their research." Of course, these things were all said in a more professional manner, but it didn't change anything about what they meant. And I'm not saying they didn't have a point, I could have done more research. But today, somebody replied to a comment I left on my wall MONTHS ago about not understanding why there was so much hatred for a piece with a positive message. You know what they said? "Positive for some people." After months, I'm still being bashed. So yeah, I understand what you're talking about.

40 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 Except she wasn't even sounding professional, she was just... Harsh. And yeah that whole "you should change vocation" part is the worst thing you can tell to a person.
I mean seriously, I live in a place where my Mom, Dad, and even myself speak harshly to each other, but we all more or less learned to control our words. She obviously didn't :(

Your morals? Huh. That's pretty bad as well. How did that happen? Was it after the piece you've written?
...Oh, wow, your entire piece insulted just because you wanted to convey a message. Well, um... Dunno what to say here, that's worse than my case.
You got 26 freakin' likes on that piece, though. Good jo...
...WAIT, WHAT WAS THAT?!
"At the moment, I found most arguments quite foolish, to say the least."
O.o To... To say the least. Wooooooooooooooooow. Ok, yeah, that's just as bad as what I got, except mine actually apologized and made interesting points anyway. Your detractors didn't even try to be diplomatic, and we're at the freakin' YWS. Darn, that was harsh.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

58 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:51 pm
Charizard821 says...

I did not think you would look that piece up. I'm actually not too happy I received all those likes. My time on Literary Spotlight was not a fun one. Occasionally I got the feeling that the piece was receiving some of it's likes for the sole purpose of getting on Literary Spotlight, so others could see how foolish it was.

40 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 THat's how I work. I like see things for myself.
...Well... Yeah, that's one of the problems you can have if some people are negative towards whatever piece you've provided. You still had loads of positive reviews as well, but still, such amount of negativity from those two... Ugh, always unpleasant.

58 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:11 am
Charizard821 says...

I feel awesome! I'm on fire! Six straight chess wins. First, against my girlfriend twice, then @AstralHunter, then my girlfriend again, then @TheSilverFox, and finally, @Buggiedude2340. Thanks for playing with me guys. It was loads of fun, and I hope we do it again some time. (Let's see who ends my streak, eh? ;) )

58 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:37 am
Charizard821 says...

I am double-posting for the sake of attracting attention. (Sorry, Tort. XD)

I just had a brilliant idea! @AstralHunter, @TheSilverFox and @Buggiedude2340, what do you guys say to a basic four-man chess tournament? Each person plays a game and then plays the winner or loser of the other, depending on who won or lost the first round. Just a fun little competition we could have, especially since we all use the same website. I'm eager to play you all again, after all.

299 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:46 am
TheSilverFox says...

When you've spent some time wondering about your self-worth and place on the Earth, a little music never fails to help. :D I've been singing for the past two hours. XD. At least I know that if I never become a nuclear chemist, I could always try and be a singer. Or maybe a writer. Or a historian. Or a teacher. Meh, when you're as young as I am, the future seems pretty open. I may be young, but there's no way I'm naïve.

No, this has nothing to do with me losing the chess game against @Charizard821. It's just some other matter that came up and really hit me. I've recovered, I feel a lot better, and I'm all the happier - my brother and I finished playing EarthBound, and that has to be one of the most awesome games I've ever seen. :D. I'm back! I'm alive! And I feel great!

Yeah, just a little status update. :P. Have a good time, everyone!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:49 am
StupidSoup says...

ees chess? I can wtchz plz? .3.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

58 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:16 am
Charizard821 says...

15253, chess isn't really something you watch. Also, I'm glad you're feeling better, Silver. Hmm... I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't played Earthbound. Finally, yeah, Tort, it's been proven that for every negative thing you say to a person, you need to say five positives for them to cancel out. As you can imagine, I was in a pretty bad mood. Nobody questions my morals and code of conduct. Nobody.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:59 am
StupidSoup says...

*questions morals and codes of conduct*

*also counts as nobody*

Touche Charizard o3o
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:30 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 WHY DID YOU PLAY CHESS AND DIDN'T WARN ME. I WOULD'VE DESTROYED ALL OF YOU. I'M JOINING THIS TOURNAMENT.
Actually I haven't been an active player in a long time, so I'm not sure if I can indeed bear anyone, but still: I DO want to fight you guys in that field. There's a reason why Twinkiel and I are good strategists, y'know.

So! What's the site?
And Chess is something that you can totally watch. If you don't know how to play however @15253, the Char's right: not gonna be interesting.
Yeah, it's probably due to the fact that human beings focus a lot more on negative stuff than the positive ones. That doesn't help.

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu