z

Young Writers Society

City of Secrets DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:33 pm
ScarlettFire says...

How about two Assassins already in the Temple, which means Isranda is on a rampage to find them?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:39 pm
Betheny says...

And she is already looking for a male and a female, then she bumps into us... Yes, I like that. Oh, poor Aisha and Aly... maybe even Cara
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:41 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Yup, exactly. And she thinks Ulta is dead. So. Even more trouble.

28 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Wooo! We're cooking up a nice little sub plot here.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 pm
Shadowlight says...

Wait, Hector is going to be involved in a love triangle?]

who am I involving him with?

(I am so lost... not terribly unusual for me.) XDD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:10 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Not in the SB! That's my story this SB is based on.

42 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Shadowlight says...

Alrighty then! XD

I knew I was missing something! :)

thanks Scar.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Re-read my post on the previous page. XD And read every word. I said Story. Not SB. *chuckles* Shadow, you amuse me.

42 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:19 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Well someone has to be amusing! XD

I willingly fit that position- I am a court jester in disguise!

*creeps about with bells on her shoes*

I say laugh at my absurdity!

42 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 am
Shadowlight says...

Hey Scar and our other wonderful SB mods!

I have yet another question for all of you! (I ask too many don't I? :) )

As things stand right now I don't know how to get Hector to interact with the other characters (other than those in his immediate vicinity).

and because you have an idea as to where you want thing thing to go I want to pose this query-

How do you foresee or plan to have all the characters interacting at some point? I really want Hector to meet some of the other superb characters on this SB- I'm just not sure how to do that in a realistic, true to character way.

Thanks! :)

28 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:26 pm
Betheny says...

I/Ulta could get caught again, Hector hears about an assassin getting caught twice and becomes intrigued so summons/comes to visit her? Possible outcome. Demoness' Keira is on her way with DSF's Lynx so thats them.... Not sure bout other characters though. And by the way, I like people who ask lots of questions. That way it isn't me all the time :D

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 pm
Redfang18 says...

My twins have already made the mix-up complete, so now the fun's beginning. Climalsi's in the palace while Kosey's at the Fox's Den.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Posting my profile here, as requested :) I'll aim to read the last few pages of the storybook but it may take me a few days to get to grips with it before I jump in.

Temple Maiden:

Name: Idahlia Faladhor (i-dar-lee-ah fah-lah-door)
Race: Human
Rank Temple Maiden
Allegience: Asyra

Appearance: Her skin is pale and heavily freckled along her arms, but her face is pure and smooth. Perhaps there are freckles there, under her powder, or perhaps not. It is unlikely that you will ever know. She dresses in the bright dresses of all the temple maidens and is slim and delicate seeming. She's about average height, maybe a little less and her most notable features are her eyes, large and bright blue, the fullness of her face, pale as the moon and her dark hair. Sometimes it is neat and well dressed but more often, it is a little unruly. She prefers to dress in blue or red.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Idahlia is a somewhat wild girl who has an eye for the males and much prefers flirting with them to her pious duties. She dislikes her chores and if she can, will have the men doing them for her while she's off sitting in the grounds or, if she's not allowed, gazing fondly out of windows. A redeeming quality is Idahlia's loyalty and sense of sisterhood. She is kind to the other temple maidens and considers them her family, quick to laugh and whisper with the girls at night and faster still to defend their honour if any of the men should think about defiling them.

Idahlia likes the idea of being swept off her feet, but also the idea of being pushed up against a wall by a strong, brute of a man. However, it's only the idea she likes. If someone were to actually try either, she would back away or try to flee. She's more settled and happy than she realises in her current life and given the opportunity, she'd leave, yes. But she'd soon realise her mistake. Idahlia is unexpectedly dutiful. While she will try to get others to do her work for her, when she knows the work is meant as a punishment or when there are no others to help or there's simply too much to be done for her to waste time, she will quietly bow her head and get on with it. And she will do it cheerfully and piously as well. Most think that this is put on and that she only pretends to behave, but Idahlia really does want to fit in and she does try, she just can't help but want more than her little life as well.

Flaws: Her flirting often has her in trouble with the High Priestess and may bring future trouble with the men. Some say that she gives herself to any man available and has no honour but in truth, she is a maiden still and would never dishonour herself in that way. She might flirt and allow a man to touch her, but she would not go further. However, a man might not believe her or listen when she says no one day so it could be the undoing of her.

Powers: Plants prosper around Idahlia. This hasn't been recognised as an actual 'power' and is thought by the temple staff to just be an ability. As such, her duties often include tending the Temple gardens and their small vegetable patch. But she's found she can do other small things as well, like reviving withered flowers or urging water to change its path. Perhaps there's a trickle of elf blood lurking in her veins.

History: Most temple maidens are babes in arm when left there, but Idahlia was different/ She was a child grown, of three or four, it's hard to say and the temple found her sleeping rough on the streets, not far from their door. She was a wild thing even then and fought against their decision to take her in and bathe her, to raise her with their own. She told them that she had a name and that it was Lallae but they didn't know if she was telling the truth and gave her a new one anyway. These days even Idahlia doesn't know if she was telling the truth but she clings to the name because it's all that she has of her past. That and vague memories of her time on the street and the nightmares. There is fire in her dreams and trees and wooden stairs going up in flames. Screams. Half imagined and half remembered things.

Up For Love? Yes.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

42 Reviews

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:04 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

(Scar is letting me take on another character! :) )

Name: Haleighlia (ha-leigh-lee-a) Hijame

Race: Human

Rank Royal Healer

Allegience: The kingdom of Rapbuhtan (A close ally to Asyra)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Haleighlia.jpg
Haleighlia.jpg (35.53 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Haleighlia is very petite 4' 10" she has long ebony dark hair that reaches her waist, but she always has it done up to keep it out of her way. She cuts a very elegant and put together figure in her looks and how she dresses. though she is so small she has a very womanly figure, and is not at all girlish in her body or mannerisms- she is a strong adult woman. Haleighlia normally wears the usual garb of a Rapbuhtan noble woman (think oriental)
Spoiler! :
Haleighlia clothes 2.jpg
Haleighlia clothes 2.jpg (50.03 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Personality: Haleighlia in a word is constant. She is the steady rock many people cling too, and is happy to live as that. She has the temperament needed by a healer; she is even tempered, intelligent, soft spoken, compassionate, and empathetic- she is very driven to "fix" things or people. This can lead her to get too emotionally evolved with her others and this leave her very open to get hurt- she carries her heart in her hands. Haleighlia was born into the royal court so she can play politics with the best of them and her emotions can both help and hinder her in this. she is rather innocent and naive having lived a sheltered life but she adapts quickly when she needs too. She is dedicated to her work and will keep on a task until it's done, sometimes forgoing the need to take care of herself. Haleighlia is very much in-tuned to the world of social graces, it being one of her gifts, and she can sense what others are feeling and react accordingly. Haleighlia is a strong mind elegant woman though and will not let anyone (man or woman) push her around, she will push back with all her diminutive might. She is one of those people who will jump to defend her honor or the the honor of others- she has a very string sense of justice and what is right. She does have a sarcastic streak in her for all her good bedside manner and has an acid tongue and lightening wit- she can usually leave others in the dust when it comes to the "snappy comebacks".

Flaws:She gets too involved emotionally with her patients, she neglects to take care of herself in lue of caring for those in her charge, and she does have a certain amount of naivety and innocence- she has lived a reasonably sheltered life. Her small stature also is a weakness for her, as many people think she is a child and will not respect her as an adult. Also her tininess can make her a target for unscrupulous men and she is terrified of being taken advantage of one day.

Power/s: Haleighlia has the gift of healing- not so much a fully fledged out magical ability but more of a sixth sense of what is wrong with someone and how to cure it. She is a master herbalist and bombproof to the unpleasantness that can be associated with illness or injury. Being from Rapbhutan, she was trained in the martial arts of that country for both self defense and good health. She also has been trained (as is customary) to handle weaponry and is quite adept at using the single bladed short sword. The hairpins she wears are also not just pins but senbon and she can use them as weapons if in a pinch.

History: Haleighlia was born the eldest of nine children into a family healers in one of the top warrior clans of Rapbhutan, stretching back into the dim recesses of time. Since the time she could toddle she had been groomed for being a healer. She trained with her father until she was eleven years old then studied under another well respected healer until age fifteen when she was sent to the medicinal academy. she graduated with flying colors and has now been working along side her family in the royal court- the Hijame clan is a distant relation to the Rapbhutan royal house. When the Emperor of Rahbutan heard of the demise of his close ally the king of Asyra and the queens wasting illness, he ordered Haleighlia- an herbalist master- to travel to Asyra and try her best to save the queen and be of use there, and keep eyes on what was happening in that country. (Haleilia is a couturier after all.) Haleighlia left immediately and has been on the road for almost two weeks.

Up For Love? Yes, very much up for love. Haleighlia is very much a feminine woman, she wants a strong masculine white knight to take her heart. Being from a warrior clan she does have a special attraction to a man in uniform and is looking for a warrior type- she want's someone who can protect her.

Other: Haleighlia own a fury dragon type animal that she rides on and is her constant companion
(I'll get a picture up later) the animals name is Souji.

(I hope this is alright, if not I will edit)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:25 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Nice profiles. Feel free to jump in whenever.

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith