z

Young Writers Society

The Wilderness of Machafuko(Chaos), DT

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:27 pm
Hattable says...

Did someone say points? :P jk

What is this? Is it open to more writers? Could I join if it is? Or at least get a summary of the story so far.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Of course you can join!! There are still three open slots (1 soldier slot, 1 adventurer spot, an 1 Exile spot) Just let me, @Wolfare1 or @AstralHunter (or all of us) know what slot(s) you want to fill, and submit your character post (I just quickly need to reopen the SB...)
A brief summary: Adventurers- Lieutenant Hudson had a fallout with the Commander, and sent word to his adventurers that they were to depart, asap. Naturally, they met in a tavern and left immediately, but not without one of the Commander's soldier/spies saw them leave and inform the Commander. (read posts for all the other details). Hot on their trail is an Imperial assassin Ecthelion, who has to observe their progress.
Exiles and Callitrix- Aaron, leader of the Exiles, forged an "alliance" with the Callitrix to find the Devil's Diamond together and defeat the Empire, but part of the deal was that Aaron stayed at the MFalls as insurance.
Meanwhile, Morn, an assassin/spy of sorts as well has returned to the Cobra Mountains with news of the expedition.

And that is the story at present. As the adventure has already begun, being Ad4 means you'll have to catch up in the Wilderness. As Sol2 you can be leader or scout for the Commander who is tracking down the Adventurers. As Ex2, you can either want to take control of the Exiles (with only Aaron's brother in charge), or you can be looking for the Diamond.
I shall ask you to please read the previous posts AND the profiles.
Welcome aboard!!
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I thought we were officially closed...?

EDIT: And with Xavier in change, I assume it'd be acceptable for him to visit periodically and catch Aaron up on the situation/ask for advice?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:59 am

We are (technically...), but if @JKHatt creates a perfect profile, the three of us (You {@Wolfare1}, me and @AstralHunter) should decide together whether or not we should let one last person join this SB.
(Note that it would have to be a brilliant character which would make the SB a whole lot easier, otherwise I'm voting for it to be rejected)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:52 pm
Lumi says...

Less than two weeks until your challenge expires! Get those points in!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:29 pm
StupidSoup says...

I finished it >.>
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

767 Reviews

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

*prods* C'mon guys. Anyone planning to go next? (other than 15). Or would it be acceptable for me to post again? I swear it won't be as lengthy.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:58 am

Please go, @Wolfare1, posting should start again. Come on people!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Posting in this SB is my highest YWS priority, so I shall submit a post this weekend - provided I don't have three projects for Monday to complete again.

PS: I love your new avvie, @Wolfare1! *approves*
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:29 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

So, I've got a question about timeline. I know as of the end of Wandering's post, it was evening, maybe even nightfall, and at the end of 15's second post it was dawn. So are we on the second day already? Could we assume the adventurers decided on a camp for the night and would pick up hastily in the morning? It would be important for who is where (such as would Xavier have enough time to be back in time to meet Morn).

EDIT: And we should definitely discuss future plans more, so that everything can run smoothly. *nods*

[she/her]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:38 pm
StupidSoup says...

umm, morn slept through the night. It is indeed morning.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:05 am

@Wolfare1, because @15253's post ends in the early morning, I believe our posts have to start there as well. I do believe the party set up camp when they we far enough from the Fort for it to be safe, yet close enough so that they don't sleep deeper in the Wilderness (It's definitely extremely dangerous in the evening)
Xavier will most likely not have arrived at the Cobra Mountain yet, and most likely do so either a bit later in the morning (10am-12pm), or in the afternoon (1pm-3pm), but that's entirely up to you how fast Xavier travels.
I also believe we'll have to discuss progression more in the DT, so please do so if you have any new ideas.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Agreed. At the moment, I am working on how to get Thiander to join the expedition. (Actually, that's a lie - I already know how, I just have to get around to writing it. ;) )
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'm working on my post slowly but surely. I should have it up by the end of the day for me. (Or maybe midnight. That seems to be a trend for me.)

EDIT: Might I also ask, do the Adventurers have much of a plan? Was is more of going out on a whim to find the diamond? :P

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Well, the Adventurers were going to plan every detail of their search, but because of the quarrel with the Commander, they started their expedition without much of a plan. Naturally, as soon as it's day and they find a safe location (like an abandoned outpost or a strategic position) they will start making plans, assign duties within the party, and set up a location to which they can return later, if necessary.
Please leave any suggestions or developments so your fellow SBers can plan accordingly.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman