z

Young Writers Society

The Ink Puppeteers {DT}

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:20 pm
Alvarin says...

You don't need to ask. Just go ahead ^^
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 pm
wordsandwishes says...

'Kay, thanks ^u^

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 pm
LadySpark says...

My post'll be out sometime today.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

103 Reviews

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Just posted^u^
Let me know if anything needs editing ;)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:51 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Alright, I'm about to do my first post :)
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:53 pm
kayfortnight says...

Hey wordsandwishes, mind if my characters (Demeter, Lienei, Aenon) eventually meet up with Mishqua and Melody since they're all in Candira?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

103 Reviews

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Sounds fine by me ^^

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:53 pm
crossroads says...

Oh, right. I was just reminded of this.. Nor the Puppeteers nor the Puppets know of how the whole control thing works yet. They don't know that, if the Puppeteer dies, his/her creations will die as well - if you want your Puppeteers/Puppets to know it, they should find out about it in some way.
Last edited by crossroads on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:56 pm
FermentingFruit says...

AriaAdams wrote:Oh, right. I was just reminded of this.. Nor the Puppeteers nor the Puppets know of how the whole controls thing works yet. They don't know that, if the Puppeteer dies, his/her creations will die as well - if you want your Puppeteers/Puppets to know it, they should find out about it in some way.

Would they know if the puppeteer got hurt, would the puppet get hurt?
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

117 Reviews

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:14 pm
crossroads says...

It works just as it works with the control itself. When there exists an extremely strong bond between the Puppeteer and the Puppet, the Puppeteer can have better control - and also, if they get so connected, then whatever happens to the Puppeteer will happen to the Puppet too.

Now. So far, none of the Puppeteers should have that kind of bond with their Puppet, even if they love them - for now, there's not enough trust between the Puppeteers and the Puppets, and they don't know each other enough.

Instead of explaining further, even though I'm pretty sure you all got it, I will show it all in my next post. Alvarin also did a very good job in presenting the total lack of control that a Puppeteer can have over a Puppet ^^ Lilith is about to learn the same, while Penelope will start more nicely with Walter. Oh, and Dorian was kicked out, so he'll probably go to do some completely non-related stuff.
- they/them -

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:46 pm
kayfortnight says...

Did you like Demi's surprise when she found Lienei couldn't read the notebook? *Grins evilly* I think it's going to be very fun getting her puppet to believe.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

117 Reviews

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 pm
crossroads says...

Oh yes, that was a marvelous detail ^^ Frankly, I have no idea how I will make Corin and Alayna believe Lilith and Dorian <.<
Penelope will be easier, though xD
- they/them -

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm
CowLogic says...

Hello, this is CowLogic, and now listen to the lull of 123.1's Classic Jazz from the 70s and 80s. Signing in.

Jason Rodriguez Profile

Spoiler! :
- Name (and gender if it's not obvious): Jason Rodriguez

- Age (12 to whatever, but normal human age): 24

- Appearance (pics welcomed, but written required.. Keep on the real people pics, though): He is average height, not a mesomorph, but solidly built, with a slight pot belly. He smiles a lot, but sometimes it doesn't look like a smile. He has darker skin, part Asian/part Hispanic, and dark hair. He usually wears jeans and long sleeve shirts.

- Personality (make it a couple of paragraphs): Jason is a friendly guy, but he has some problems.

He is nice to everyone, and will gladly help you with your problems. Because of this, he is well liked among those who know him. He is popular, and lets it go to his head. He often tries too hard to help people, causing confusion and in-adaptability on his part to change of plans.

In spite of his friendliness, he is an extreme narcissist, very arrogant and never takes insults well. He is known to strike at people who make comments about him. He also feels he is entitles to the most respect. In addition to this, he has a God Complex, wanting to control every situation, solve every problem. These two things make it extremely annoying to hang out with him, even though he parties hard.

- History (what time (and place) are you coming from, what got you into writing, about family, so on): He lives in the present (modern times). He lives in Los Angeles, California. He was born and raised in a small town in the Rocky's, with three sisters and a brother. He lived a pretty normal hick life as a kid. His father was an alcoholic, but fairly docile. He wasn't abused as a kid, but was rather kind of left to fend for himself. He spend a lot of time hiking and gallivanting around town with his friends. The neglect of his parents made him very self-resourceful, but at the same time, planted the seeds of his God Complex. He started to become arrogant and didn't want anyone to help him or solve his problems for him.

He seemed to have great luck, and hit the jackpot in basically every aspect of life. He experimented with drugs with his deadbeat friends, but didn't get addicted, deciding he didn't want to deal with it. He did well in school because he had a natural talent for linguistics. He got accepted to UCLA and was offered a fine penny in financial aid, deciding to get a Bachelor's in Journalism.

He got a job doing sports reporting for the LA Times, and meanwhile worked on his claim to fame, the Steve Rebar Series. He achieved good critical success for these books, and was labeled as a pioneer of the genre, his genre bending and complicated storylines making him very popular in the adult novel scene.

He had rejected the hick life and embraced the city/college way of living, partying, living up the bachelor life, and drinking a lot of coffee and alcohol, both of which he grew dependent upon. Meanwhile though, he drew on inspiration from his childhood in his books.

- About your writing (well, obviously fantasy-ish at least, but give us some details.. Do you like happy endings, do you care for your characters, do you see them as people, do you like it complicated or simple, is there love and so on): He writes crime novels that have a slight fantastical twist to them. Jason writes his books, taking place in Velso, on the outskirts of the town, yet he knows nothing of the rest of the World.

His claim to fame is writing very complicated crimes and situations that his character gets into, as his character is a Police Investigator gone rogue. Then, miraculously, evidence of Jason's God Complex, his character Steve Rebar is always able to figure out a solution that fixes basically every problem in the book, turning a perfect crime into something that may very well have never happened.

His books draw heavily on the modern Wild on the edge of Velso. He uses inspiration from his childhood in the mountains to paint an accurate picture of a backwoods type lifestyle that a lot of his characters have.

- The way you described the World (the world of the Puppets, that is, where we will all end up, give us a part of the description, of the place where your story is happening or such): Jason described the world as very gritty and dark, with a lot of bad people who seek to spread their evil, which was attained from some Fantasy-ish, Supernatural means.

He only knows about the modern part of the world, and shows it as just an odd place, an alternate reality of Earth.

-Their Puppets (if controlling the other writer's Puppet character, only fill this when you're sure they're ok with it):

---Steve Rebar (age 36)

---Appearance: White skinned/ short brown hair/ tall. Sour, gritty, appearance. He is very tough looking, and athletic, although mostly tall and skinny, rather than broad and muscular. He has an evil eye and a very good annoyed expression he often uses.

---Personality: Curt, blunt, not very nice. Also arrogant, and doesn't like to follow orders. He is smart, however, always knowing how to fix a situation when all seems lost. Doesn't play by the rules, yet has a very acute moral compass.

---History: Steve was raised in an Orphanage, and trained hard to become a member of the Velso Police Force, in which his problem-solving skills were noticed in a routine case went horribly wrong, making him promoted to an Investigator. He was successful for several years.

In the first book, however, he was in the middle of a case when he was framed for a murder. Because of this, the police were after him. Although in the end, he proved his innocence, he could no longer trust who he thought were his friends in the force and never went back to being a Police officer. However, he continued on as a private investigator for two more books. He lives at the edge of the wild, and is very naturally resourceful, living off the land and in a shack.

He was in the middle of a fourth adventure when Jason was brought to the world of the Puppets. So, he will still be in the middle of a particularly deadly case when Mr. Rodriguez, his writer gets there.

---What his writer doesn't know: The reason he is so cold and bitter is because his wife was raped and murdered only a year after they got married. He wants to keep investigating crime till he finds the person who did it.

- Other: Not much I can think of at the moment.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

385 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 385
Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:09 pm
Omni says...

Can someone include my puppeteer in their next post? I'm trying to get in this stuff, and it seems I started to late, so can someone? I'll worry about my puppet and my other later...
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 pm
crossroads says...

I can have Dorian meet you somewhere, if you wish ^^
In which town is that Puppeteer's Puppet, again?
- they/them -

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman