z

Young Writers Society

The Time DT

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 am
KingLucifer says...

If it's Aria, then the war starts much sooner than I plan for.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 am
RedBird says...

Just a quick note, Loyal: Quinn is a girl, and can DEFINITELY hold her own in a fight.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

61 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 am
RedBird says...

Hopefully I can get a Clock profile up today. If not, then I just won't post one and make the character secondary.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 am
crossroads says...

I would still like to know how exactly you plan to make that fight thing work, as Aria's abilities, Quinn's skills and Jareth's talents are not at all of the same kind..
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

61 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm
RedBird says...

Well, I think the first step is to get them to encounter each other, and see how they interact. Quinn is an excellent fighter and strategist, but so, it would seem, are Aria and Jareth. Basically, I guess they will have to put aside their differences to work together to change the system.
~Snape, AVPM

117 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 pm
crossroads says...

RedBird wrote:Well, I think the first step is to get them to encounter each other, and see how they interact. Quinn is an excellent fighter and strategist, but so, it would seem, are Aria and Jareth. Basically, I guess they will have to put aside their differences to work together to change the system.

Sure, all that stands.. But Aria and Quinn, however good they are at that, manipulate physical, don't they? Fight and make fire or so.. Jareth manipulates time, and you can't literally fight with time. But I'll let you to figure that one out - for now, he doesn't even know anyone wants to fight him :mrgreen:
- they/them -

61 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 pm
RedBird says...

Right, so with different skills (aka physical fighting and whatever time fighting consists of) they can figure out some way to overpower the current TM. Maybe. I don't know how well it will work out, but it seems to me that it has a definite chance. :D
~Snape, AVPM

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Hey guys. I'm going to be gone snowmobiling friday and saturday, so I won't be able to post. Just thought I'd let you know.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:00 pm
Alvarin says...

Well, my new quester is up. Had to read up a bit about the treatment of German DEFs in Norway after the occupation, but it was worth it xD Anyway, I included Beth in my story ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Your guy really sucks at his quest :P
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

117 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 pm
crossroads says...

Alvarin wrote:Well, my new quester is up. Had to read up a bit about the treatment of German DEFs in Norway after the occupation, but it was worth it xD Anyway, I included Beth in my story ;)

Thank you very much, she will explain how she got there soon enough xD

By the way, more that 200 years? You really made me think of a Quest to give you, that would be so hard xD

By the way again, he sounds like he might get along well with Jareth, they're both really old, with a lot on their mind and into protecting people :mrgreen:
- they/them -

117 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:17 pm
crossroads says...

Oh. I just remembered something. Don't know if you were going for that with the man attacking Beth, but in any case, do count on Jack the Ripper appearing sooner or later.. It's that time after all, and if we have Wells, we should have him too, right?

I was even thinking of making him involved in the whole Questing thing somehow, just for fun.

Actually, he is mentioned, in Jareth's first POV - the teenager with the wicked look in his eyes, as he should still be young at the time xD
- they/them -

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:24 pm
Sassafras says...

Ah no ignore that I was going to rewrite that post but school happened. Unless someone had something in mind.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm
Alvarin says...

FermentingFruit wrote:Your guy really sucks at his quest :P

AriaAdams wrote:By the way, more that 200 years? You really made me think of a Quest to give you, that would be so hard xD

Well, he gave up after the first 25 years, and decided that his crimes were to heinous to ever be forgiven.
But yes, the quest has to be difficult xD And yes, he and Jareth will probably get along :)

AriaAdams wrote:Don't know if you were going for that with the man attacking Beth, but in any case, do count on Jack the Ripper appearing sooner or later.. It's that time after all, and if we have Wells, we should have him too, right?

Oh, yeah. It would be so cool if Jack the Ripper was there xD Hrm, I'm kind of a history nerd ;K
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 pm
crossroads says...

25 years is still quite some time.. I hope you'll forgive me for taking time to think about it (or suggest something if you have an idea).

As for Jareth, I did again what I'm arguing a lot about with a friend of mine.. I made a character I like, gave him the power to do a whole lot of stuff, and than slowly started to cut off his choices - last one of that kind, in my novel, had a rather weird ending xD
A friend could be good thing for him, especially if the friend can watch over him a bit (as Jareth will hardly follow the order of not using powers, and that's bad)..

Jack is then definitely in. Makes me kind of happy in a kind of wrong way, lol, but that means that Beth will have a whole lot on her back too, and I do tend to do that to my characters :mrgreen:

I'm a nerd for some parts of history, too.. Like, Victorian England (I bet you'd never guess, lol) ^^
- they/them -

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton