Reviews: 798
Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:13 am
Areida says...

NAME: Elaina Maria Estrella Velasquez
HEIGHT: 5'5"
WEIGHT: 135
EYES: Black
HAIR: Black
PHYSIQUE: Solid. She was heavy as a child, so now she's careful not to put on the pounds again.
EDUCATION: Homeschooled until high school, Elaina was ahead when she finally made it into regular school. She managed to play dumb all through her freshman year, but forgot on a standardized test and the school promoted her, so she was a junior at 16 and graduated the next year. She is working on a double major in Journalism and International Business.
PROS: She can't run very fast, but she has endurance. Determined. Sneaky when needed. "Spunky." One hell of a right hook.
CONS: Doesn't want to be seen as superior to anyone. Migraines. Can be overly dramatic.
BACKGROUND: Elaina grew up in a strict, Catholic home, and even though she spent much of her childhood trying to blend in with her schoolmates, she still looks Spanish and peppers her speech with the language as well. She is back in Ashville, where she went to high school, to visit her grandmother. Her parents have since moved.

Dono said to post if I wanted suggestions.

So... suggestions? ;)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 am
Ego says...

Now that we've all reached Costco, we can start character interactions, as well as start coming up with histories for characters that already knew each other.

For example, Areida's character, Elaina (profile looks great, by the way), is an ex-girlfriend of Kevin's. We're currently talking about how deep the relationship went, how long it lasted, etc. I encourage you all to talk to one another, either by PM, instant messenger, or in the chat room in order to help figure out the friendships and histories your characters have without one another. Time to develop those character, people! We're gonna be in CostCo for quite a while, with very little zombie slaying going on.

Secondly--Are we going to go ahead with Vernon's idea about Alain coming to antagonize the group? If so, I have an idea revolving around that which will help the plot flow nicely.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

ok, I can't get on the Chatroom very often if at all. I like the idea, its up to y'all.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:38 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

TN, you can still PM people. Chatroom isn't the only form of communication available to you.

This is the fun part! *grins*

As for the Alain idea, I think it'd be fun to play with, but let's wait a while. I think we should definitely do some character building before we throw in a new challenge.

...So. Who wants to know Jo? ;)

(By the way, Ari, I'm gonna let you post before I post. Our characters are set up for an argument right now, and I don't know enough about her to be comfortable with posting... PM me and we'll talk. *grins*)
Love and Light

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:42 am
Rydia says...

Well, Kat has only been in Ashville for two weeks but some of the other characters could have seen her singing in the clubs and such.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:41 pm
Ego says...

Kitty, your post is a perfect example of what I intended for this storybook--great stuff.

If you look, you see that there is no physical conflict in her post, except for the conflict faced by Kevin, the pain, and Bernard, fixing that pain. All the conflict really goes on behind the scenes--in Kitty's head.

I'm not sure if I had a point to this post, I just wanted to give Kitty mad props on her post--it's exactly what I was talking about with my post about the interpersonal relationships of the group.

...yeah. Keep up the amazing work, everyone. :D

--Dono
Got YWS? I do.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:22 pm
Ego says...

Double Posts FTW

Looks like we're getting a little disorganized--not too bad, just enough that we lose some of our character actions.

For example, when I posted earlier in the week Kevin completely neglected the fact that Kat had brought them chocolate! What a jerk.

Anyway...character locations--Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

-Kevin: Back of the store, nursing his leg on a display bed
-Mev: Unclear.
-Jo: Collapsed near Adara.
-Angie: Sitting a corner.
-Elaina: Looking for migraine medicine.
-Kat: Roaming the store for migraine medicine with Elaina, presumed.
-Bernard: Treating Adara.
-Adara: Laying down in a cocoon o' blankies.
-Dave: Looking for the security room.
-Keri: Sitting with Adara.
-Tazin: Chillin' with Kev.

What now?

--Once Adara is stable, I think the group should get together and have some sit down time. There's been a lot of excitement, and there are people in the group that have never spoken to one another.

--Dave is looking for the security room. I agree with Crysi, in that Alain should NOT make an appearance yet. Adara says she saw someone, and maybe she did--but I think the group should find no evidence of him. Yet.
Got YWS? I do.

594 Reviews

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:00 pm
Crysi says...

I agree with Dono. (Thanks for the list -- it helps out a lot!)

Also, he and I were talking earlier, and we realized that Kev's original group hasn't eaten since they left his house that morning. (That probably helped bring on Jo's migraine.) So, eating would be a good idea, as it's about 5pm. It would get the group together to sit down and talk. Of course, since Kev can't exactly move right now and Adara probably shouldn't, we should work out where we'll get together -- maybe in separate groups, with some people we don't know and some we do? I don't know, it's just a thought.

But right now I agree that everything should calm down. We need to explore how our characters act during downtime.
Love and Light

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:23 pm
Rydia says...

Yeah, eating is certainly a must. I was thinking about it earlier and Kat hasn't eaten since the night before so she must be really hungry. Tired too.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

594 Reviews

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 am
Crysi says...

Thanks for getting it started in that direction, Kitty. :)

Just a reminder -- please keep putting in timestamps! It won't be as big of a deal when we're all together, but as you can see when we're apart, different things are happening at different times and the posts are not necessarily linear.

Thanks.
Love and Light

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:02 pm
Fand says...

Just an idea: maybe Angie could catch a glimpse of Alain? She would probably think it was a hallucination and not say anything about it.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:56 pm
Ego says...

Could work. I don't have a problem with it--I just don't want to actually reintroduce him yet.
Got YWS? I do.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:55 pm
Ego says...

My post is very vague in terms of timing. Kev could have been asleep for a few minutes or a few hours--doesn't matter which. Since I didn't have anything planned with anyone that required immediate attention, I went ahead and have Kev take a nap. Feel free to interact with him...whenever someone sees him next is when he wakes up.
Got YWS? I do.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:08 am
Ego says...

Triple Posts FTW

Firearms List for Necropolis

Written as such:

Name of Firearm (clickable to picture of gun)--Caliber of firearm, any attachments.

Kevin's guns:
--customized Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle--0.223 Remington w/EoTech Holographic sight
--Springfield Arms XD40--0.40S&W
--Savage 93R17BTVS--0.17 HMR w/4-20x40mm Hunting Scope
--Remington Model 870 Express--12ga. (Held by Jo for the time being)

Keri's guns
--Remington Model 770--30.06 with 3-9x40mm Hunting Scope
--Mossberg Model 702-- 0.22LR
--Kimber custom II--0.45ACP (Now in Dave's possession)
--Ruger Mark III--0.22LR
--Sig Saur P226--0.40S&W
--Smith and Wesson Model 60--0.38+P
--Mossberg 500--12ga.

Mev's Gun
--Smith and Wesson M5906--0.40S&W

Kat's Gun
--Walther PPK/S--0.32 ACP

Will go into some detail later.
Got YWS? I do.

“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451