z

Young Writers Society

Lovers of Leaving application and DT

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon May 02, 2011 12:57 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Welcome! As you have seen; you must apply to be a part of this SB. Here is the form and FAQ.

What does that mean?

It means that in order to be a part of this storybook; you must submit an application; and in addition have the storybooker badge. This application must consist of the following, to be filled out as completely as you can and PMed to me:

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
1. How active are you usually in storybooks? IE. I post twice a week.

2. How long have you been an active storybooker?

3. Have you every started a storybook of your own; or co-started one? If so;provide a link.

4. An example of a character profile you have made before (link):

5. An example of a storybook post you have made before (link):

6. Why are you interested in joining this storybook?

Why do I need to submit an application to this storybook? That's kind of extreme; Tori.

Good question! The answer is simple enough. I want to create an extremely high-quality storybook. When I first became an avid storybooker; the quality of the SBs was generally exceptional. They were formatted, generally well-kept up, the posts were entertaining and used correct grammar, and the character profiles were impressively long and detailed.

I miss those storybooks; and I want to preserve the integrity of this forum a bit. So rather than inviting people and making others feel left out, or by letting anyone and everyone join, I am making you apply so I know beyond a doubt that you will keep up this storybook and try hard- with quality posts.

That's a dumb reason.

Geesh. How about this? If this storybook is successful; I plan to compile the posts and make them into a novel or novella; to be edited and possibly sent to a publisher under the names of all contributors.

How will you judge applications?

After I have received your application; I will PM you telling you that I have received and am reviewing it. I will then analyse all areas of your application and determine if you may join this storybook or not. I am not judging with any bias- I am simply checking to see if you exemplify the qualities I am looking for to be in this storybook.

If you are accepted; I will PM you telling you so and you may create your profile. If I reject your application; I will PM you telling you so and donate 1000 points to you for making an effort. If my plan for publishing works out by some crazy streak of luck; you will be given an acknowledgement in the back. Of course; this is highly unlikely.

Good luck to everyone!

Commence asking questions and/or discussing the SB.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 02, 2011 1:33 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

This SB sounds really interesting, and I would join, but I don't have the storybooker badge >.<

351 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Do you have any nominations? This SB won't be starting for a week or two. That's plenty of time to get a few supporters, earn the badge, and apply. Good luck!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:26 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Hi, I might not be able to post for a few days because my internet is down. I am at the library right now. Please keep me involved! Cheers!

351 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:27 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

's all cool! We'll keep you funky fresh.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:51 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Hey, sorry about not posting yet. Things have been really busy, what with the storm/lack of electricity, landscaping at my sister's, and now the fourth of July. I hope to have enough time to write something by tomorrow night. Sorry! D:
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

351 Reviews

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:15 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

it's fine. I know a lot of people are busy right now, I expect this to pick up after this weekend.

What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music.
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian