To Choose (Rated Ages 10+)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:10 am
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

To Choose
Spoiler! :
My first romance story, so it's a little cheesy. Don't nail me on that subject, please! Enjoy! :D

"What's on your mind, Nina?" Jack carefully pulled his black Porsche to the side of the emptied street, turning in the leather seat to face his girlfriend. He tried to make eye-contact with Nina, but she continued to gaze out the passenger side window into the darkening night. She wiped a few stray tears out of the corners of her misty gray eyes, biting her glossy lips to keep from crying any harder.
The atmosphere in the small car was still and silent, except for the low hum of the air conditioning and the country music dancing out of the stereo speakers.
"Talk to me, baby." Concern filled Jack's voice as he spoke. Nina slightly shook her head, closing her eyes.
"Is it about Hunter?" Jack asked gently before letting go of the steering wheel to hold her petite hand. But he didn't even have to ask; he knew Hunter was on Nina's mind. Ever since she had met the young man when they graduated college together, Jack realized he was in a fight for the girl's heart. It was one of those cheesy love triangles you hear about in the movies.
"Listen, Nina. I'm not one of those guys who chases after a love they know won't work out. If you feel that this relationship isn't supposed to be, I don't want to force you." He paused for a brief moment as Nina faced him with mixed emotions playing across her expression. Jack continued, still gripping her hand. "However I want you to know that I've always liked you, from the day we met in high school to after college to now, and will never stop doing so-"
Nina stopped him from going on as more tears slipped down her cheeks, resting on her chin. She dried her face and eyes then told Jack, "The only man I see is you; I love being with you."
Jack squeezed her hand and said, "Then why are you crying?" He noticed her shiver, so he flicked the car's air-conditioning off with his free hand.
"Jack, I'm under emotional stress and my new job..." Nina trailed off with a sob before reaching over to hug her boyfriend. "Oh, Jack," she whispered, more tears falling off her cheeks.
"Shh," he told her kindly stroking her thick brown hair. "Shh, everything's okay." They pulled apart, studying each other's faces. Jack kissed her on the cheek. Nina sighed. "I don't know why I'm crying." She laughed a sweet, soft laugh. She stared down at the smooth leather seat cushion and traced her finger along the small seams woven in it.
Reaching into his gray coat pocket, Jack gingerly produced a slender navy case he had been keeping on him, waiting for the perfect moment.
While Nina was momentarily distracted, the young man clicked open the case revealing a giant heart shaped diamond set on a silver ring. The pale moonlight hit the glittering stone, throwing rainbow colors around the interior of the Porsche. This would set things right.
Nina lifted her gaze and stared at the ring Jack was presenting to her. She gasped when she realized what was happening.
Jack drew in a shaky breath and announced steadily, "Nina Minka, will you marry me?"
She cupped her hands over her mouth in shock. Another round of little tears glistened in the corners of her misty eyes as she whispered, "Yes."
A grin flitted across her face as Jack slid the gorgeous ring on her small finger.
Jack was overwhelmed with joy; he didn't know what to do next. Then Nina scooted closer to her new fiancé and leaned in for a kiss, this time on the lips.
Last edited by ShootingStars on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:07 pm
penguinduan1 says...

I like it. Love triangles? Those sure do grab my attention. But I guess the fact you didn't develop that idea sort of disappointed me. Oh well... I think by "Portia", you mean "Porsche" (the car, right?)

Anyways, I like it. Write on!
ALL HAIL ATHENA!

"If you are mad at someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Anonymous (I forgot)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm
ShootingStars says...

Whoops! I can't believe I misspelled that! Thank you sooooo much for the review. :D
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter