Young Writers Society

Love Notes

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 pm
Carlito says...

A random little piece of my heart.
------------------------------------------

We spend so much time preparing for love, wanting love, expecting love, dreaming, hoping, praying for love. We spend so much time fantasizing about what it’s going to be like. What he’ll be like.

We watch the movies, read the books, listen to the songs over and over as if they’ll help us prepare, help us get ready for the most amazing, crazy, fantastic, ride of our life.

We do these things in anticipation and longing, praying for the day that all of our expectations and ideas about what it’s going to be like, how great it’s going to feel, will actually come true and actually happen.

What they don’t tell you, is how terrifying it is. It’s blissfully terrifying. You can love someone with your entire heart and soul and everything that you are but what if it’s not enough? What if it will never be enough?

What if he isn’t at the same level of loving as you? What if he didn’t watch the movies, read the books, listen to the songs, hope, pray, dream, and wait for that perfect someone to fall perfectly into his life? What if he’s not ready? What do you do then?

What if he’s your soul mate and he royally breaks your heart?

What do you do then?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm
Xirenia says...

I think I've had this exact thought - definitely had my heart broken by a royal jerk who seemed like a possible soul mate. What I'm saying is this is very relatable. I think many girls have had this talk with themselves in the rough patches and it's nice to see that someone else understands.

It's very well written - I only found a few places where there should have been a colon instead of a period but that isn't really important in this kind of work. Often the stringing together of many verbs or adjectives like you've done in the first and second paragraphs can sound horrible, but you've actually done it very well and it flows in an exciting way.

I don't really know what else to say except that I enjoyed this and I look forward to reading more of whatever you write :)

Chelsea :)
We're young, open flowers in the windy fields of this war-torn world - Mumford & Sons

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:10 pm
MikeMoney says...

This poem came from the heart huh? I loved this poem, I seen no errors or anything. I have no advice, this is just plain great, keep up the good work!
"If your horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate" - Taylor Swift #Stop Bullying!

Need (Re)views on your work?: page.php?id=1535

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

Seeing as I was recently broken up with, stuff like this really speaks to me, and I can tell you wrote this from the darkest sectors of your heart, and when something is written from the heart... it need not be changed and corrected, it simply is. You cannot edit how you feel? Can you? Because if you can, I'd like to know where I can purchase a copy, cut, and paste button for my soul.
Anywho, keep writing, this was magnificent and I hope to read some of your later pieces soon.
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:42 am
Priceless says...

Hey there!

I loved this. Firstly, it's true! It was very beautiful, very well-written, it flowed so well. You've got some real talent :) Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I really didn't notice anything wrong with it. Great job!
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 pm
787ellen says...

I think as girls we all expirience this. All the films about vampires and love, werewolves and love. We compare the love we have against this and find it rather weak in comparison. You get this point across perfectly, your words meen alot to the every day girl. There are no mistakes and I urge you to carry on this way. :)
787ellen

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100