The Glade

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 am
wizkid515 says...

Spoiler! :
This is for the short story contest from penprincess thanks

The Glade
A soft, green light filtered through the trees. A carpet of green moss formed a soft blanket across the ground. The boy plucked at a guitar filling the air with sweet music, he was used to waiting. Always waiting, waiting for her. His song reached its end and he placed it on the ground next to him.

He closed his eyes and listened to the area around him, a bird tweeting softly from its perch on a branch, a light breeze swirling through the trees and, the approach of footsteps. His eyes flew open revealing their green centres. He moved from his place on the ground to his feet.

Then she was there... stepping gracefully into the glade. Her pale blue eyes, her beautiful hair shining in the sunlight showing off her blonde highlights, her perfectly curved body and her smile, that smile could light up the world. She wore beautiful green dress that fell perfectly across her body.

“Josh, sorry I’m late” she said as she walked towards him. He felt his heart race as they embraced, he felt her body pressed against him, and then like a huge pain ripping through him as she pulled away. She sat under her favourite tree and began to hum a tune; he sighed and sat down next to her.

“So, how’s Cameron?” he asked, his voice filled with disgust as he said his name. She rolled her eyes at his jealousy.

“You have to be careful or you’ll turn green” she said shaking her head. His envy was always present when they were together. Why did he have to be so in love with her or why couldn’t she just love him back.

She rested her head on his shoulder; he reached his hand out and tickled the top of hers playfully. She smacked him away and giggled. “You know I have a boyfriend!” she said tipping her head back so she could see his smiling face.

He pushed her gently up so he could stand up, she followed suit and looked at him. His eyes seemed to be tearing up, she sighed. Upset again.

She went to hug him, embracing him yet again, trying to make him feel better. She looked up into his green eyes and stared at him. She wished he could just get over her.

“Kim, I’m sorry” he said looking at her. She looked at him confused. Sorry, For what?

He leaned close to her. He was so close he could smell the subtle scent of his aftershave; her heart was pounding in her chest so loudly she was sure he could hear it.

And then they were kissing... she let out a small noise of protest and tried to pull away. He put an arm around her. She gave up and kissed him back with a passion. They parted slowly, her eyes shocked, confused and scared.

“I can’t, I’m sorry” she said crying, she ran quickly from the glade...

Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:40 am
View Likes
KyleTheGreat13 says...

Snap crackle POP! That was some saucy stuff right there, bro.
I liked this a lot. I think we've all been in this situation before, making it easily relatable.
I love your descriptive imagery!!!
Keep on writing, and I'll keep on reading! :)

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics