z

Young Writers Society

A Broken Heart to Fix

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:58 pm
stargazer9927 says...

Spoiler! :
This story is... interesting. Yes, interesting would be a good word. This is kind of a test to see what everyone thinks. I'm not sure if this is really a short story, and I was tempted to put it in other. If it is, it's the shortest short story I've ever written and it took the shortest time. But I'm also kind of proud of it and I hope it makes sense to readers.

I walked up to the table and looked at him. Yes, him; the boy I had been in love with for the past two years. With that million dollar smile and great personality, how could I not stare at him?
But I was taken back to reality when she came up. Yes, her; the girl I had been secretly jealous of since we first met two years ago. And now I knew what would happen next. She would come up, they would start talking, and I would suddenly be ignored. This was nothing new. And no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t change it.
But as she sat down she didn’t seem interested in him. I knew she had her days when she didn’t care and didn’t want to talk to him. It wasn’t that she was a mean girl; she just didn’t like him in that way. Today she seemed more interested in talking to her friends.
But he seemed to be trying to get her attention. When I looked down at his hands I found the source. He was holding a plate of hearts in his hands. Yes, hearts. They were small and red. And now I knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to give them to her. I looked down sadly and pretended like it didn’t bother me. After all, they were both my friends so I had to put on a show.
It didn’t take long for me to become frustrated and I leave the table. I went to sit on another table, trying to get him out of my head.
But just a little while later he came over, looking rather sad. I looked down at the plate I saw earlier and realized they hearts were now broken. Well, cracked apart would be a better description. Even though I was still mad I couldn’t let him be sad like this, so I asked him what was wrong.
He looked at me with that look in his eyes and told me she didn’t want his hearts. I tried to cheer him up but I was secretly annoyed while saying inside, I told you so.
Then he did something totally unexpected. He looked at me straight in the eyes and said, “I’m sad that she didn’t want them. But do you want them instead?”
I should have said, ‘no way! I’ve given you chance after chance and it’s always been about her!’ But my heart told me something different than my logic.
I found myself smiling and saying, “Of course.”
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:42 am
JoyceSparrows says...

I liked this.

Sure it was short, but honestly, I don't think anything needs to be added to it. Lots of us have been in similar situations, and we know what it’s like, a ton of detail isn’t necessary. The simplicity of is nice. In my English text book, there is a story that is seventy-two words long, and it’s counted as a short story, so you’re fine.

Keep up the good work!

Joyce
If I weren't going to be a writer I'd go to New York and pursue the stage. Are you shocked?

-Little Women

You have the itch for writing born in you. It's quite incurable. What are you going to do with it?

― L.M. Montgomery

Review my new poem! Mayflowers

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 am
Amberla93 says...

Hello,

I'm in love with this story! Why? Because I've been though the exact same thing. (Except the ending sadly.) I wouldn't change a thing. It's sweet, simple and many can relate... Great job if you ask me!

God Bless,
Amber
Life is short, so make the best of the time you have!

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

I kind of felt like it was a little rushed, and it would've been nice to have a little more of their background and relationship and things along that line, but it was a solid work, I think. The MC character contradicted herself a lot though, with words like "well, actually," and that works as an interesting character quirk, but she does it a lot. I felt like this, overcall, could have a little slower pace, but it was good.
Keep writing,
StoryWeaver
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:33 pm
SillyLily says...

So like...I really liked this I thought it was good and stuff, but I thought it was kind of weird at the same time, you know? Like the way it was narrated was good, but like I didn't like the "yes him, yes her" part. and I was really confused about him giving her a plate of hearts? Like were they cookies or something or clay i'm just confsed about it!!!!

but yeah it was good

I'll follow you if you follow me!!!
RAWWWWR I'MMA TIGER LILY!!!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:51 pm
HorsebackWriter says...

The simplicity of it is nice, but at the same time weird. What I mean is, the fact that is simple and short is good, but the good point make bad points as well. The simplicit causes lack of detail and descrption, and this story needs more of that. it's good short, but that means that there is lack of definintion, lack of demension. Usually when I read I can see it all happening in my head like a 3-D picture, but it was hard for me to see this story. So work on that. I'm saying it's goood, but needs more depth, emotion, and description. Likewe don't even know any of their names. So work on it a little, but's it's good. Really good.
"So it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Does the wand in your hand know it's last master was Disarmed? Beacause if it does...I am the true master of the Elder Wand."

"And quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

~Harry Potter

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:39 am
View Likes
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Well it's short. I like how it's essentially talking about one significant thing in the character's life and basically leaving the future open to what may come. It's not all of her time in highschool, it's not all of her resentment at being ignored all the time, but it's enough that you can sympathize and relate.
A bit unrealistic, maybe, but hey, it's fiction. It doesn't have to be realistic...
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:29 pm
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

Sweet! I'm featured! It's only five likes, but I don't care! This just made my week! I've never been featured before!
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

138 Reviews

Reviews: 138
Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:12 am
MadameLuxestrange says...

I liked this a lot. The story line wasn't as original as you could've made it, but it was written fine. My thoughts on the writing were that it did lack detail and description, as some of the others pointed out before me. The fact that there wasn't a whole lot to go on with this made it a little difficult to relate to the main character, but it was easy to follow and understand. I highly suggest going through and adding your own little twists to it. Tweak it so that it's very personal to you. You're a great writer! I would love to read more of your work.
Luxy :D
...or dear Bellatrix, who likes to play with her food before she eats it?
Fear makes the wolf seem bigger.
I got attacked by a swan.

History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce.
— Karl Marx