z

Young Writers Society

(Something rather unimportant and pointless)

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:30 am
Photon says...

:?: Great. Just fantastic. The infamous ringing of inevitable lethargy. What a stupid clock; not the kind that most kids have these days, but those ancient and tarnished traditional wind-ups that rival a swarm of cicadas. I wish the weekend lasted just a tad bit longer. But it did not. It never does. I believe it is my grim dating life that has lead me to feel this way about a clock I have known for almost eighteen years. Come to think of it, I just about dislike the majority of things I have grown up to like. Where are some of my clean socks? God, mom was right about washing my own damn laundry. I glance at how much time I have left. Sleeping with school clothes the night before you actually need them really does help in situations like these. Three minutes. Hmmm...should I brush my teeth or fix up my hair? Ah, the hell with that. Shit, was last night really worth it? Its not like my collection of the seasons of Lost have legs or any means of leaving me. Why am I such a late dozer? This is what happens when you do not get a normal nightly sleep session. Oh, and I have never been on a date. Never. Ever. Ugh, I think I need someone. :shock:
Last edited by Photon on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Insert gaze here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 pm
OneSun says...

Hi, just a short one then!

This isn't really a story yet, more an extract, it would be worth developing on the topic though. It the start to the day many people experience but rarely write about and therefore you could have a good start to a story here if you could expand on it a bit.

With regard to format, it's really difficult to read something that is in one big block, its like climbing a flat faced wall. Really hard. Use paragraphs to split up your points, this will both make it easier to read and will add impact to what you write and impact is what you want with the story like this. It'll set is apart from other 'life stories'.

Although it's short it shows potential, I really hope you can expand on what you have, even if it's just a diary of your day. It's all good practise!! Good luck!

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:35 pm
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Judging from the fact that you put "An ode to the clock" under romantic short stories, I'm inclined to agree; you definitely need someone. This was equal parts funny and depressing. I hate mornings, but reading someone's internal monologue about them is kinda humorous.
P.S. I haven't been on a date either. It's kinda sad.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders