z

Young Writers Society

The Never-ending Quest for Love

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm
writerwithacause says...

Dear Special Somebody,

Whoever you are, wherever you stand, I wonder if you ever hear my prayers. I ask of you to come into my life… every hour of every day, every night when I sleep alone in my cold bed. So I wonder… over and over again… Why won't you cross the path of my empty life?

When I was a little girl I dreamed of the day I'd become a beautiful bride, dressed in a pure white dress, just like in the movies I've seen. I guess it was just a silly dream that every little girl has. But then I quickly grew up into a teenager and, before I even realised it, I wanted somebody by my side to understand me. I was only a timid girl who was just starting to learn about the bewildering world she was living in. Beyond obvious adolescent desires and rebellious behaviour, I needed somebody special to make me feel loved… at the age when we are never content with ourselves. I longed for somebody through whom to discover myself, somebody to hold my hand and teach me how to kiss. I wanted to learn with you, through yourself, about love.

But you were not here with me. Now I am neither a child, nor a teenager anymore and I am still waiting for that special someone to light up my life, to wake that special feeling inside my soul, to make me feel with my entire being.

My whole life seems to be a quest, always predictable, never interesting. I always seek love, but never find it. What a rare thing must love be, I came to think. They say you can find it everywhere… but then I must be an awful seeker. Life is ironic.

Whenever I am staring at the moon, I feel like a sky without any star. I know I must be heading for something, but I don't know what exactly is that certain "something". I am walking down a long road, but I don't know when or how will it end. I don't know the meaning of this never-ending journey. Is love itself this meaning? Or is it the destination? That's why I need you to be my meaning, my destination, my special somebody. Be the meaning of my life, will you? Bring the sunshine on my cloudy sky!

I feel empty, I call you every night to come and fill my life with that wonderful feeling that everybody is talking about. I long to know how it feels. How does love feel like? Does it send shivers down the spine; does it make you feel butterflies in the stomach? Is it too much I ask of you? Is it not natural for me to wish to feel complete? I need you, my other half, to make me whole. I am afraid that I can not go on by myself. I am just an incomplete without you, I need to belong to something, to somebody. Please be the half that completes me!

It feels like I do not exist. I know that I am, that I must be somebody, but I do not belong to something. It seems to me that my whole existence is an unending dream, not a beautiful dream, but neither a nightmare. I exist, though… I do not live. I am just another person that has been brought to life, without knowing the reason why, having no idea about what life is supposed to be like.

I need a reason to go on with my life. I need you with me, to be this reason. I can not live without love. All I need is love, and it is the only thing I can not have. Why… I wonder? What have I done or not done to deserve this emptiness?

Have you previously walked my path and I had not noticed you? Through the many risks that I had not taken, the many opportunities that I missed, were you one of them? No, I would rather believe that the time when we would meet has not yet come. I do not like thinking of the other possibility.

Even though I do not know who you are, I know you must exist… out there, somewhere. Don't they say that there is a special somebody for anybody? You just have to be patient, but I am scared that I will lose my patience.

No matter what, I will wait for you, dear whoever-you-are, I will be right here waiting for you to cross the path of my life, to give my life a meaning, to make me whole but above all, to show me what is love. But please, dear "special somebody", hurry. I am afraid that I will no longer have faith in "love" if you do not show up soon.

Yours sincerely,

the girl you have never met; the girl that waits for you every night and day
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:16 am
onceuponatim3xo says...

Hello!

When I read this I really felt as though I could connect to it. It sums up a lot of desires and hopes for love that many girls wish of in adolescence. It flows perfectly, I feel as though I can hear the girl speaking this letter aloud because of the amount of voice she puts into the piece.

This was really interesting, and would be a great beginning to a romance fiction novel.'
-Once
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 pm
lovethelifeulive says...

Hello!
Wow, you did an amazing job!
You are very creative with this peice and it was just plain out beautiful.
I think you might have made it a little to long, but it was still brilliant all the same.
I really enjoy the way you write and cannot wait to read your next short story, poem, or whatever it is!
Thank you for posting it!
I can't believe not a lot of people have reviewed this! You did such a great job that it should be on the Featured list!
Again, it was beautiful and very relatable!
If you prick us, shall we not bleed?
If you tickle us, shall we not laugh?
If you poison us, shall we not die?
If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
The Merchants of Venice-Shakespear
Love the life u live,
and live the life u love

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 am
Daisuki says...

I really enjoyed reading this and also felt I could connect to it. Everyone wants someone that understands them completely, right? I think you portrayed that beautifully. Letters can often be poems, and I found myself thinking that this is one.

When I was reading it, it did seem very sad and sorrowful, because the thing wanted most never seems to come, but I liked it anyways. This is a topic I would really like to write about - finding the person who accepts everything about you. Thank you for writing this. It made my day.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet