z

Young Writers Society

Not Another Vampire Romance

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:29 pm
JackBauerHasABaldSpot says...

Under Edit. Please try again another time.

Have a good one.
Last edited by JackBauerHasABaldSpot on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"...some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
-The Shawshank Redemption

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:36 pm
October Girl says...

huh, how do I put this nicely? Okay first of all, no one in their right mind would read a post this long, but then again I'm not in my right mind ^.^ but you did keep it intresting. I would suggest to narrow it down a bit split this post up into smaller parts. Then, people would love to read it and crit it. Sorry that I don't have alot more helpful hints or tips but please make it shorter. I barely finished it, actually I skipped alot of it. Keep writing! Make it shorter!

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:21 pm
Izzyeyore says...

This is really confusing to me... maybe I'm weird though....

But in any case, this could be a lot shorter; right now it seems (to me, at least) to be the crazed ramblings of a power/obsessed teen. I know it sounds really harsh, but this story seems to be Lady plotting for taking over the minds of her hosts and then insulting their mother.

Finally, the last bit of the story made absolutely no sense to me either, they go out in the garden, and then it's a graveyard. Up to there I understand, but then, who's Henry? and his girlfriend? whaaa?

Oh, actually last thing, in Spanish, i believe that bueno/malo change the endings to agree, so wouldn't it be "sé buena"? I was also confused for a bit that you were using saber in the yo present until I realized that it was ser in the command form... tee hee whoops

All in all, with a bit of work this story could be great! Keep at it and I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

Sorry for the mean critiquing... PM me for any questions/yelling at me if I offended you or whatnot

-Izzy
My policy on life: you're wasting it by being sad and making others sad, so hug someone today! :D

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:50 pm
JackBauerHasABaldSpot says...

Actually, it made more sense before I sliced it down. It's explained more with the added part, but I agreed with Max that it was too long.

You're right about the Spanish. I didn't mean to keep it in though. I just forgot that I wanted it to be all English when I finished.

I can see why you're confused: most of this is notes, and I wrote it at night, so I wasn't really in my right mind. I actually didn't think I was going to post it, but I just did anyway. Thank you!
"...some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
-The Shawshank Redemption

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 pm
KJ says...

To be honest, I got bored. Didn't even read it all. Maybe you should try changing your hook. The reason I opened this was because I thought your title was amusing (and I'm into vampire stories). So good job on that.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain