Reviews: 250
Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

When I was a child, I wished for many things:
    Someone to love
    peace
    happiness
    friends
And I had all of that. My parents loved me. My people lived in peace. We were all happy and we were friendly to each other.

But now...

The darkness has come and shattered my society. And also my heart.

You can follow my story and my struggle to stop the darkness. You might also see me fall in love with my greatest enemy.

-Ellie aka Elisha
Daughter of the High Priest Alastair and Priestess Amara.
Last edited by Night Mistress on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:48 pm
Rydia says...

Hmmm. This is too short to be a story and it feels more like a summary or perhaps a prologue? Either way, I think you should change the format and there's a few corrections to be made. Here's how I'd edit it -

Some one to love

peace

happiness

friends
[I don't think there's any need to space this out and it should be 'someone to love'. Also, you need commas between the items on the list and a period at the end.]

And I had all of that. My parents loved me. My people lived in peace. We were all happy and we were all [s]friends[/s] friendly to each other.

Also, are you going to write more of the story? If you do and you want someone to look at it, let me know.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:10 pm
Night Mistress says...

kitty15 wrote:Hmmm. This is too short to be a story and it feels more like a summary or perhaps a prologue? Either way, I think you should change the format and there's a few corrections to be made. Here's how I'd edit it -

Some one to love

peace

happiness

friends
[I don't think there's any need to space this out and it should be 'someone to love'. Also, you need commas between the items on the list and a period at the end.]

And I had all of that. My parents loved me. My people lived in peace. We were all happy and we were all [s]friends[/s] friendly to each other.

Also, are you going to write more of the story? If you do and you want someone to look at it, let me know.

This is a prologue. and sure, you can look at story, but i posted it.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey! This will really grab your reader's attention. I loved it. Prologues can be short. It doesn't matter. There was only one thing:

"You will follow my story and my struggle to stop the darkness. You might also see me fall in love with my greatest enemy."

Instead of saying "You will follow," say, "You CAN follow," That way you won't sound like a jerk to the reader. It is their choice to continue the book. This'll make it sound better and well...nicer.

Good job! Do you have any more posted?

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin