z

Young Writers Society

Blue Boy

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:53 am
shywritergrl168 says...

Blue Boy

Christi was a very nice person but nobody not even her truest friends could see she was lonely and sad no one seemed to see the sad girl hiding behind the mask of supporting smiles and kindness. She was lonely ever since she had to give away her dog Destiny when she moved away from her dad’s house after her parents’ nasty divorce. She was looking for something or someone that could feel her pain share it with her, see the heavy sadness that weighed her down to the lowest of low. Then it appeared on her laptop screen like an answer to her prayers a friend request from a boy that would save her from her sadness a boy named Ben blue boy.
Ben didn’t like his school he was always very sad after his mother died suddenly his life just turned completely blue. He change his name to Ben blue boy after his mom died because she always used to look at him when he was upset and ask “why so sad blue boy?” it was a nickname she had made for him so he felt the need to change his name after she died. Then one day his sadness just seemed to blow away…he met a girl named Christi on a chat room while he was on the computer at home living with his grandma during the summer they hit it off like that, it was like magic. She made him feel alive again instead of lonely and miserable like he was at school. They constantly talked on the phone and emailed each other. As time went by they became the best of friends it was a great thing Ben knew his grandma should be in a retirement home because of how old and needy she was becoming so he call his mother’s sister, his aunt Jen and told her his proposal. She knew he needed a place to stay and told him to come and live with her and his uncle Jeff and she wouldn’t take no for an answer. Then he found out that they just happen to live in the same town as Christi. Which was absolutely perfect so he told them yes, and that he was packing right away. He couldn’t wait to move in he packed his things that night and sent Christi an email telling her the wonderful news.
Christi was a kind thoughtful sophomore in high school she always helped anyone who asked her and she also had an admirer his name was Steve Madison. He had always liked her she was very pretty and never selfish he had been in love with her since the moment he laid eyes on her. He was very confident that she would go out with him but something or I should say someone unexpected interfered.....

[color=#8000BF]-Ok this is my first large piece of writing. I have more (about 38 pages) but, if nobody likes this much of it ?The whole novel isnt worth much. I'm not going to lie, it gets very romantic and even turns dramatic as the story line contiues. The love triangle doesnt actually start to take actual shape until later in the story. my simple question to you is:Will people even want to read into it? Does it have enough pull to make the readers read on?
[/color]

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am
AmeliaCogin says...

Hi!
Let's get straight to the review. To answer your question, no, I'm not inclined to read on, very sadly. I'm sure your storyline is good and it gets better but quite frankly it was a little boring. Why was it boring? Because you TOLD us everything. You didn't SHOW us. It reads like you're controlling your characters and attmepting to summerise everything in hurried, crammed sentences. I didn't enjoy it...Sorry! Your grammar, though, was fine. No spelling mistakes and your word order is ok. You definately need to work on your descriptions and your voice as an author. But, all of us, I'm sure, have make exactly the same mistakes. DON'T WORRY. Like most things, practice makes perfect. I'll look forward to reading more of your pieces and I'm going to *follow* you. PLease, don't let this put you off. You'll make a great writer.
Keep trying,
~ Amelia :)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 am
Haylie says...

You had barely any comma's, expecially where you needed them. Even in your first line. I have to admit it needs a little edditing.
For example.
"Christi was a very nice person but nobody not even her truest friends could see she was lonely and sad no one seemed to see the sad girl hiding behind the mask of supporting smiles and kindness"
You could change it to
Christi was a very nice person, but nobody,not even her truest friends could see that she was lonely; sad. No one seemed to see the sad girl, hiding behind the mask of supporting smiles and kindness
Comma's give the writing more energy. It makes them sound better.
However carry on writing
Much loves xx

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 pm
shywritergrl168 says...

Yeah I seriously stink when it comes to punctuation/commas whatever.
Thanks for your reply. I know it needs editing...I'm just not the greatest one for it if you know what I mean.

5 Reviews

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 pm
shywritergrl168 says...

Ok so question...would it make it more interesting if I started with a flash back? Ben's story before he meets christi? It's more exciting...he loses his mom when a gas leak from the oven causes it to explode?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:47 pm
Busheldood says...

It was nice but I think you could do better ;).
If you had put in a bit more description and punctuation it would help the reader get pulled into the story. I don't know what audience you're trying to get the attention of, but the description would certainly make it sound more intriguing. I think that's what's making it look like you're trying to rush to the end instead of opening the story in a smooth pace. But i like the plot you have created and'd love to hear more :D

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian