Young Writers Society

Friends and foes [Edited from "Making Friends"]

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:34 pm
GingerLizzy says...

In this series;

1 - Change of place 2 -Settling in
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I've been here in New York for two weeks now and I'm happy to say I've made three friends. That sounds lame, but it's a wonder I've made any! There's my lab partner, Scott, who I'm thinking the connection grows deeper than friendship. Then there are the dynamic duo of Chris and Millie. They're brother and sister and really strange, but I've grown to like them.

I hang around with them all the time and they tend to protect me from the insults and teasing that I'm still receiving for being the new kid. Millie once said that soon enough I'll be able to fend them off myself, I just need to come out of my shell. I try to think that way, but for now, I'll rely on them to be my bodyguards.

"So, I saw you with that moron today."

Millie talked around her peanut butter sandwich and looked at me, a brow raised disapprovingly. I sighed a little and took a bite from my own sandwich. Ham and pickle! I quickly put it down and washed the remnants away with my water, spluttering and trying to rid my mouth of the taste.

The "moron" that Millie was talking about was Scott and she "disliked him with a great intensity". I asked once why she did and she just grumbled and told me to shut it. Chris blurted out something about Scott and him playing a prank on Millie once, and that's when things got violent, so I scuttled off to my class.

"We're lab partners Mil'."

I called her that from the first time we talked. She didn't seem to mind and so the nickname just stuck. Right now, she was sending my icy glares but when I studied the direction, I realized they were targeted over my shoulder. I turned and smiled in greeting to Chris and Scott, who stood behind him a little, both drinking from juice boxes and striking a pose.

"Hello ladies."

Chris said as he circled the picnic table outside in the yard behind the cafeteria and sat beside Moon, draping an arm around her shoulder, stealing one of her cheese poofs. Scott sat down beside me and flicked his hair in mock slow motion, flashing me a smile and pulling me to lean my back against his side as I ate the banana in my hand.

This was a usual thing to happen at lunch and it didn't faze me, but the first time, I nearly fell off the bench. Millie growled and pinched her brother playfully, her mood lighter now that her brother was around. That still didn't mean she wouldn't shoot Scott the frequent warning glance.

"Chris, you should stop doing that y'know. It kinda feels like you're hitting on me... and that freaks me out."

Millie wrinkled her nose in disgust and then grinned at her brother as he grinned back, crossing his eyes. Scott and me smiled at each other and I offered him a cookie quietly.

"Hey, so you going to the prom next week?"

I blinked, caught of guard by this question and then shaking my head quickly, shoving more banana in my mouth and chewing silently, only beginning to speak when he gave me a swift poke in the ribs.

"I don't see the point. I only have you guys... and I have no-one to go with. And I'm still the new kid, so I won't be welcome and will probably end up getting a tub full of pig's blood poured on my head. No thank you."

Millie and Chris shot me a glance, both weary and I frowned a little, mouthing at them; what? They quickly looked away and I peered at Scott, who looked a little confused and forlorn.

Oh no, was that him... asking me out?
Last edited by GingerLizzy on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:11 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Ooh i like the way this story is going Lizzy :] Keep writing (Y)

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:00 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Wow i like this new edited version. :D

Once thing though...

"I called her that from the first time we talked. She didn't seem to mind and so the nickname just stuck. Right now, she was sending my icy glares but when I studied the direction, I realized they were targeted over my shoulder. I turned and smiled in greeting to Chris and Scott, who stood behind him a little, both drinking from juice boxes and striking a pose."

Is te MY ICY GLARES meant to be "me icy glares".

Once again i'm quick replying so the quoting thing has gone out te window...

Anyways..

Nicce story

Write MORE!

x
So's your face

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:27 am
JFW1415 says...

Same as always. :P

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:14 am
Fall_Into_The_Sky says...

Ahhh! She blew it Scot likes her and she's so oblivious to it...
The only wrong love is only one never felt.
Live to day as if your would die tomorrow.
Love like you know no other, dream as if they'd come true, hope because you can reach the stars.

The person who has no opinion will seldom be wrong.
— Anonymous