z

Young Writers Society

Nothing Shows

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:08 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Nothing Shows

"When I get back, I promise," she said, the tears welling in her own eyes.

"I don't want you to leave me," he said, his tears already falling down his face.

"I don't want to leave either, trust me," the tears fell now. Her hands gripped his face hard. "This isn't any easier for me than it is for you."

His face scrunched up as he held back his sobs. They pulled each other into a hard embrace. His fingers dug into her back. She didn't care. The pain was her medicine. She knew it was hard for him to open up to anyone as he had to her. And now she had to leave him. She hated doing this to him but it's not as if she had a choice. It was the guilt that weighed her down the most, only second to her love for him. The tears fell down her face with equal fervor to his now, both of them quietly sobbing into each other's shoulders and gripping at their backs, trying not to think of this reality as it was.

"You can't leave me," he said mixed with sobs.

"I don't want to,” she said pulling him back and looking him in the eye. "I don't want to," she repeated. "I don't want to, I don't want to, I don't want to, I don't want to," she kept saying. "Please tell me you know this. Tell me you know, I don't want to leave you," she demanded.

He looked down, his face wet with tears. "I know," he whispered.

"Know that. Remember that, always," she said. "Know that I will always, always, always love you, no matter what. And I mean that," she said. She kissed his forehead. He just pulled her into another embrace, holding her as tightly as possible.

He still didn't believe she was leaving him. She was leaving him. It still hadn't hit him yet. But she wasn't leaving him. She only had to go away for a while. But how long was a while? She couldn't leave him though. She was his everything. They got each other. They worked. He couldn't let her go. He just held onto her as tight as he could. As if that would help. He knew it wouldn't. He just thought of all the great times they had together over the summer. Summer was almost over, and she was leaving. But I just can't live without her, he thought. She was so... so... he couldn't even describe how wonderful she was. She came into his lonely and secluded life at the beginning of the summer. At first, he hated how much she bugged him. She just wouldn't leave him alone. He always knew she was different from other people, just not how different. Then, he just opened up once and realized how good it felt to finally share his life with someone who even gave a damn. He just didn't want to go back to the hellish life he lived alone before. He just couldn't live without her, he just couldn't live.

He felt his body being moved as she pulled him off her. "That's the train," she said. He hadn't heard it arrive at the station. "Now," she said, taking his wrists, "don't you dare do anything stupid while I'm gone." she held them up in his face. He looked at them dumbly, but he nodded his agreement to her. He reached out and stroked her cheek. "I love you," she said.

"I love you too," he said, one last tear falling down his cheek. She blotted it with her thumb. She gave him a small smile before she backed onto the train. The doors shut in front of her, leaving only her face and shoulder for him to view. He didn't even move, he just stared, already back into his own mentality. Nothing shows.

He didn't move from that spot at the station all day. People brushed past him and tried to talk to him. He still stood silent and rooted on his tile in the station. Finally, the last train left, the station closed, the lights turned off, and a guard asked him to leave. He slowly walked home, just him and the lonely street lamps. He got to his house, went to his room, and shut the door on life.

Just a random story I wrote over vacation. I realize it's similar to my other one, but this seems to be a theme in my life lately or something. *shrug* I did try to make it different enough so it's still interesting though. Slightly different circumstances. Enjoy!
~Yoyo
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:15 am
Crimson says...

I adored this! I can't think of a single thing that could make it better, it's so good. I loved all the emotions in it, and how you expressed how hard it was for them to part. I mildly wonder why she had to leave, but that question came up after I read it, I was way too caught up in the emotion.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:16 am
Dream Deep says...

Forgive me for the brevity of this, Yoyo, but I've only got a slight moment of freedom here.

This was good because it was simple and so extremely emotive. Most writers seem to easily fall into the 'melodrama trap', but you've managed to side-step in quite nicely here. ^_~ And the end was just about perfect - I really enjoyed reading this, and usually I don't go near Romantic Fiction with a ten-foot pole. My hat's off to you. ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to return for a more in-depth and techincal crit...

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:12 pm
Foreseer says...

This was good!! There was emotion and description and it was great! Very sad, though. It was simple and good. I hope there's more.

*Foreseer*
~*~It's Not Faith If You Use Your Eyes ~*~
- Miracle by Paramore

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:09 am
Fall_Into_The_Sky says...

wow i get how the guy feels
i love your work
i don't have a good book to read so i've been reading forum stories
i've read all u have on here
great techniques!
The only wrong love is only one never felt.
Live to day as if your would die tomorrow.
Love like you know no other, dream as if they'd come true, hope because you can reach the stars.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket