z

Young Writers Society

Hands That Know How to Give Love (and then some)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:04 pm
chucki666 says...

i like this, it was different, and different is always better.

Random avatar

Reviews: 125
Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:53 am
SASSYLADY333 says...

I notice how at school you failed to tell me that you too...had a protagonist named Jerry!

My apologizes ahahaha...

Then again Jerrry's your protagonist and my Jerry more of...well i guess a motif in my stroy...He's not the main character though...

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 am
localcreation says...

It's very sarcastic and real. Something that I would expect to actually happen in real life. It's very sarcastic and fits very well with "life". This is what it says to me:

A boy who is blinded by society's image of beauty (hence the stick figure drawings with the girl who becomes fat from sadness meaning that she's ugly). But, when reality pulls him back, the reader realizes how close the boy is with "Molly" (also known as Elizabeth in real life). It feels like he's writing about falling in love with a girl who is popular but it's not because of who she is, but rather because he feels that he has to fall in love with her because she is "beautiful".

The real beauty lies is Molly even though he does not see it until he stops drawing.

I think that by calling Elizabeth by the character, Molly's name, it shows a certain compassion that he holds in his heart for her but doesn't yet see for himself until that moment.

I thought it was very good. Keep up the good work, sarcastic pen. <- that will be my name for you.

-local creation

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:54 am
MidnightVampire says...

Ok, I agree on all of the above ( I'm like that, sadly).Hillarious!
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:57 pm
aperez says...

it's funny. i like it alot. it's something to read to make u laugh

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:56 am
JackBauerHasABaldSpot says...

Thanks, LC. I don't know if Jerry's into Elizabeth as much as you might think, but I like your comment on reality. Though, how it plays into this story I'm unsure. I stopped drawing stick figures way back in first grade, and I'm pretty sure I'll have much more to do in my spare time than write stick figure stories.

And I think I can crank out one more version, though I doubt it will be as funny. For one thing, the characters won't be as stupid (how advanced can Jerry be if he draws what must have been books for cavemen, anyway?).

Have a good one.
"...some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
-The Shawshank Redemption

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:37 am
The Blind Trombonist says...

Very creative...strange, but in a good way. I don't have much to say except that it did seem to switch points of view, but I think that may have just been me. Oh, well...good job!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:24 am
deemarie says...

I thought that that was pretty good.

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson