Young Writers Society

My double blind date

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:54 pm
View Likes
rocio-b says...

My double blind date.

Why does she need me to go. I’m really not in the mood and I told her a million times but she usually never listens to me anyway. The thing is I like boys I mean why wouldn’t I I’m not a lesbian at least not yet but I’m definitely disappointed with men probably why Id even consider being a lesbian in the future. So yeah I’ve had my heartbreaks see for starters I’m already fifteen and I’ve had no boyfriends I mean none, zero and that’s my first disappointment my other disappointment is that every guy I have been with (dating that is) has failed to be faithful.

I swear I’m not a difficult person to date I mean I’m not those kind of girls that are all stoker type and calls the guy like every five minutes and I’m not the cold type either who doesn’t hold hands in public. I get mad at obvious things but not at those that are stupid and I’m up to doing about anything even drinking beers with the guys friends if that’s what he wants to do. So I just don’t get why someone wouldn’t like to be with me I know your probably thinking the obvious she must be ugly and I don’t want to be cocky but the truth is I’m NOT ugly. I don’t have anything particularly special about me my hair and eyes are both brown and my skin is slightly tanned but altogether I just look right. Many guys find me attractive and I’m not the prettiest of my friends but that’s because all my friends are drop dead gorgeous . Guys are usually turning around to look at me and at parties they all usually ask who I am but besides making out with me does any of them want something formal. No they don’t. so this is why guys usually mean disappointment to me which at the end and the end is now have taken me to just not want to do anything that has to do with them.

And now my cousin wants me to go on a double date with a guy I don’t even know so that’d be a double blind date. I don’t even want to impress the guy but still I have the cutest outfit ever on and my hair looks divine but I swear it was my subconscious getting myself dressed and doing my hair and make-up because like I said I don’t even want to impress the guy. I mean what if the guys turns out being incredibly ugly and has a lot of pimples in his face or is overweight or what if the guy is gay but hasn’t come out to his friend yet but the friend is starting to suspect and that’s why he wants him to come with him on the date in the first place. The thing is I don’t want to go out with the guy but I’m still going so I should at least try to have a good time shouldn’t I.

“Farrah”
“señorita Farrah”
I turn around to see Silvia my maid standing by my door.
“yes”
“yuur cosin is heer now she say tell you”
“thanks Silvia”

Now I’m nervous. Why would I be nervous if I don’t even want to impress the guy. But what if the guy isn’t ugly or overweight or gay and turns out being Bad pitts double and here I am sociologically coco washing my head, making me seem unimpressive.

“Hey, wow you look pretty” my cousin Casey says
“thanks so do you”
“so I think were going bowling”
“cool”
“Michael’s friends name is Chad, just so you know”
“yeah thanks”
“Are you okay your acting all weird?”
“oh yeah I’m perfectly fine”
“okay then, get in”
“the car, right”

And so I did I got into the tiny Nissan my cousin had battled with her parents to get. I really hope my parents give me a nice car next year I hate little cars I feel claustrophobic in them and for some weird reason incomplete. My cousin’s car always smells like strawberries I think she sprays perfume or something but every time I ask she says the car naturally smells like that even though I know that’s impossible.

The whole way Casey starts talking about Michael how she likes him, why she likes him, where they met, how they met, the things he says to her what she says to him ,how they’re in love etc etc. At first I was listening then I was pretending to listen now I’m practically falling asleep. Finally were there . BOWLINGMANIA that is. I never go bowling, not that I don’t like it, I just don’t. I usually just go out to the movies with a guy and with my girls we go out to parties or houses but never bowling.

”They’re they are” Casey says pointing at the two guys standing in front of the door.
Shit , what was the guys name again.

I always forget things like that little things that one would usually remember or okay not that little like the time I forgot to pick Kat at her house after shed call me at least 10 times that day and she couldn’t go to her own welcome back party because of me.
Or the time a friend of mine had given me his notebook so I could copy his notes because the next day the teacher was giving 10 extra points for the ones who had everything complete and I had only remembered my notebook and left his in my room to rot.

“This is Michael” Casey says bringing me back to earth.
“hey Michael” I say grinning
“And this is Chad”
Of course it was Chad.

“Hey “ I say again , and gave another grin but to Chad I gave bigger grin then to Michael because Chad was actually cute. Not that Michael wasn’t but he’s already taken by my cousin somehow so I didn’t respond to him the same way I did to Chad (whose single).

Chad wasn’t hot he was cute which of course is entirely different. Hot is a guy that has a great body and a great ass and a great tan and a great smile cute is a guys that doesn’t have a great body or ass but does have a nice smile and a nice face. Chad’s tall really tall and skinny he’s blonde and has green eyes that kind of take you away. He’s not the type Id usually go for considering my type are usually tanned and dark headed , still Chad has my full attention.

“Lets go inside” Michael says
And we all do as told.
After we were given alley 8 for the next hour we all settled and went to get our shoes. Their wasn’t my size so I had to push my foot into a seven ,a size and a half smaller than mine. Chad helped me though ,put my foot in.
“were you forced to come?” Chad asks
“No, were you?”
“no”
“okay maybe a little yes” I say
“yeah me too”
We both laughed.

I soon discovered the real reason why I never go bowling and that’s because apparently I can’t play. The three games we played were the three games I lost its incredible that I can’t even throw a ball without it going of the rails of the alley. Chad had some good laughs though, apparently he thinks its cute I’m such a klutz but personally I don’t think its cute at all. When we were done playing Michael and Casey were making out or more like hooking up so Chad offered me a ride .

Chad has a big car he has a Rexton I use to think Rextons and minivans were the same thing but guys usually hated me when I said hey there’s a minivan and it was a Rexton passing by but eventually I learned their to very different things.

“Choose any song you’d like” Chad says handing me his ipod.
I chose “let it be” because I’m a Beatles fan I swear if John Lennon wouldn’t of been killed Id go and marry him even though he’d still be with that Asian chick not that John Lennon’s hot because he’s not, but there’s no better songwriter then him in the world and their never will be either.

“Lets do something” he says
“like what?” I ask
“I don’t know lets go somewhere just to talk”

He wants to make out with me. I think I mean what other reason would a guy like to go somewhere just to talk. See this is precisely what I mean I start to think I could like the guy and then he want to go somewhere just to talk.

“I have an old house my parents use to rent I think its abandoned now but it has the most beautiful view.”
Gee this guy wants an abandoned house he doesn’t want to make out with me , he wants to fuck me.

“umm er, sure”

I think if someone would want to rape me Id probably give in voluntarily. I mean how hard was it to simply say no thanks I have to be home early or something like that instead I agree to go to the abandoned house where he wants to fuck me.
On the way we started talking about really random things like about apples and why their so good we also talked about how we both hate airports and things like that , I was enjoying our conversation so much I forgot for a moment he was a pervert taking me to an abandoned house.

“we’re here” he finally says .
I get out of the car to see one of the biggest houses I’ve ever seen. It was huge I mean the house was a MTV cribs material. Chad goes and talks to a guard that was standing in front of one of the houses door then the guard agrees to something which I suppose is letting us in and opens the door.

“Let me show you the view I was telling you about” Chad says reaching for my hand.
He started to go up some stairs I could see he was really excited, wow he must be really horny I thought. After a while Chad started to run he was running so fast I almost stumbled on one of the stairs which by the way were eternal.

Finally Chad stopped we had reached the houses roof .
“Here” Chad said sitting down.
I followed and sat down next to him
I could see I was wrong he didn’t want to fuck me at least I hope not because the roofs really uncomfortable and besides I’m still a virgin so that would probably make things a lot more difficult. He wasn’t lying though the view really was incredible.

“I love it here” he says
“its beautiful” I say
“you know I didn’t want to go today because I’ve been kind of depressed I think that’s why I had the urge to come here right now “
“why depressed?” I ask.
“I don’t know its just have you ever noticed that everyone’s just so fake?”
“all the time no one’s their self and you get to the point when you yourself forget who you really are”
“precisely, but you I don’t know you’re different you talk about apples and airports.”
“Is that why you brought me up here?”
“yeah you’re my first”
“haha, I’m flattered”
“I’m glad I chose you, your entertaining me well”
“once again I’m flattered”

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:18 pm
View Likes
Lady Sydney says...

Hey there! I'm very lazy, so I think I'm just going to go ahead and critique your story as I read it, rather than when I've finished it. :wink: So, here we go:

My double blind date.

Why does she need me to go? I’m really not in the mood and I told her a million times, but she usually never listens to me anyway. The thing is is that I like boys. I mean, why wouldn’t I? I’m not a lesbian... at least not yet, but I’m definitely disappointed with men. That's probably why I'd even consider being a lesbian in the future. So yeah, I’ve had my fair share heartbreaks. See, for starters, I’m already fifteen and I’ve had no boyfriends. I mean, none, zero and that’s my first disappointment. My other disappointment is that every guy I have been with (dating that is) has failed to be faithful.

I swear I’m not a difficult person to date[cololr=blue].[/color] I mean, I’m not those kinds of girls that are all [s]stoker[/s] stalkertype and calls the guy like every five minutes, and I’m not the cold type either who doesn’t hold hands in public. I get mad at obvious things, but not at those that are stupid, and I’m up to doing about anything that he wants to do, even drink[s]ing[/s] beer[s]s[/s] with the guy's friends, if that’s what he wants to do. So I just don’t get why someone wouldn’t like to be with me. I know you're probably thinking the obvious: she must be ugly. [s]and[/s] I don’t want to [s]be[/s] sound cocky, but the truth is thatI’m [s]NOT[/s] not ugly. I don’t have anything particularly special about me. My hair and eyes are both brown and my skin is slightly tanned, but altogether, I just look right <-- Awkward. Many guys find me attractive, and I’m not the prettiest of my friends, but that’s because all my friends are drop dead gorgeous. Guys are usually turning around to look at me and, at parties, they all usually ask who I am, but besides making out with me, does any of them want something formal? No, they don’t. So this is why guys usually mean disappointment to me,[color] which at the end[color=blue], and the end is now, have taken me to just not want to do anything that has to do with them.

And now my cousin wants me to go on a double date with a guy I don’t even know, so that’d be a double blind date. I don’t even want to impress the guy, but still I have the cutest outfit ever on and my hair looks divine, but I swear it was my subconscious getting myself dressed and doing my hair and make-up because like I said I don’t even want to impress the guy. <--- Run-on sentence. I mean[color],[/color] what if the guy[s]s[/s] turns out [s]being[/s] to be incredibly ugly and has a lot of pimples in his face or is overweight or what if the guy is gay but hasn’t come out to his friend yet but the friend is starting to suspect and that’s why he wants him to come with him on the date in the first place. <--- Run-on Sentence. The thing is that I don’t want to go out with the guy, but I’m still going, so I should at least try to have a good time, shouldn’t I?

“Farrah.

Señorita Farrah.

I turn around to see Silvia, my maid[/color] standing by my door.

Yes?

“[s]yuur[/s] Your cousin is [s]heer[/s] here now. She says to tell you, 'Thanks, Silvia.'"

Now, I’m nervous. Why would I be nervous if I don’t even want to impress the guy? But what if the guy isn’t ugly or overweight or gay and turns out [s]being[/s] to beBrad Pitt's double? And here I am, sociologically coco washing my head, making me seem unimpressive.

“Hey, wow you look pretty.” my cousin, Casey, says.

Thanks, so do you.

So, I think we're going bowling.

Cool.

“Michael’s friend's name is Chad, just so you know.

Yeah thanks.

“Are you okay? You're acting all weird.

Oh, yeah. I’m perfectly fine.

Okay then, get in.

The car.Right.

And so I did I get into the tiny Nissan that my cousin had battled with her parents to get. I really hope my parents give me a nice car next year. I hate little cars [s]I[/s]They make me feel claustrophobic [s]in them [/s] and, for some weird reason, incomplete. My cousin’s car always smells like strawberries I think she sprays perfume or something, but every time I ask, she says the car naturally smells like that, even though I know that’s impossible.

The whole way, Casey starts talking about Michael how she likes him, why she likes him, where they met, how they met, the things he says to her what she says to him ,how they’re in love etc etc. At first I was listening then I was pretending to listen now I’m practically falling asleep. Finally were there . BOWLINGMANIA that is. I never go bowling, not that I don’t like it, I just don’t. I usually just go out to the movies with a guy and with my girls we go out to parties or houses but never bowling.

”They’re they are” Casey says pointing at the two guys standing in front of the door.
Shit , what was the guys name again.

I always forget things like that little things that one would usually remember or okay not that little like the time I forgot to pick Kat at her house after shed call me at least 10 times that day and she couldn’t go to her own welcome back party because of me.
Or the time a friend of mine had given me his notebook so I could copy his notes because the next day the teacher was giving 10 extra points for the ones who had everything complete and I had only remembered my notebook and left his in my room to rot.

“This is Michael” Casey says bringing me back to earth.
“hey Michael” I say grinning
“And this is Chad”
Of course it was Chad.

“Hey “ I say again , and gave another grin but to Chad I gave bigger grin then to Michael because Chad was actually cute. Not that Michael wasn’t but he’s already taken by my cousin somehow so I didn’t respond to him the same way I did to Chad (whose single).

Chad wasn’t hot he was cute which of course is entirely different. Hot is a guy that has a great body and a great ass and a great tan and a great smile cute is a guys that doesn’t have a great body or ass but does have a nice smile and a nice face. Chad’s tall really tall and skinny he’s blonde and has green eyes that kind of take you away. He’s not the type Id usually go for considering my type are usually tanned and dark headed , still Chad has my full attention.

“Lets go inside” Michael says
And we all do as told.
After we were given alley 8 for the next hour we all settled and went to get our shoes. Their wasn’t my size so I had to push my foot into a seven ,a size and a half smaller than mine. Chad helped me though ,put my foot in.
“were you forced to come?” Chad asks
“No, were you?”
“no”
“okay maybe a little yes” I say
“yeah me too”
We both laughed.

I soon discovered the real reason why I never go bowling and that’s because apparently I can’t play. The three games we played were the three games I lost its incredible that I can’t even throw a ball without it going of the rails of the alley. Chad had some good laughs though, apparently he thinks its cute I’m such a klutz but personally I don’t think its cute at all. When we were done playing Michael and Casey were making out or more like hooking up so Chad offered me a ride .

Chad has a big car he has a Rexton I use to think Rextons and minivans were the same thing but guys usually hated me when I said hey there’s a minivan and it was a Rexton passing by but eventually I learned their to very different things.

“Choose any song you’d like” Chad says handing me his ipod.
I chose “let it be” because I’m a Beatles fan I swear if John Lennon wouldn’t of been killed Id go and marry him even though he’d still be with that Asian chick not that John Lennon’s hot because he’s not, but there’s no better songwriter then him in the world and their never will be either.

“Lets do something” he says
“like what?” I ask
“I don’t know lets go somewhere just to talk”

He wants to make out with me. I think I mean what other reason would a guy like to go somewhere just to talk. See this is precisely what I mean I start to think I could like the guy and then he want to go somewhere just to talk.

“I have an old house my parents use to rent I think its abandoned now but it has the most beautiful view.”
Gee this guy wants an abandoned house he doesn’t want to make out with me , he wants to fuck me.

“umm er, sure”

I think if someone would want to rape me Id probably give in voluntarily. I mean how hard was it to simply say no thanks I have to be home early or something like that instead I agree to go to the abandoned house where he wants to fuck me.
On the way we started talking about really random things like about apples and why their so good we also talked about how we both hate airports and things like that , I was enjoying our conversation so much I forgot for a moment he was a pervert taking me to an abandoned house.

“we’re here” he finally says .
I get out of the car to see one of the biggest houses I’ve ever seen. It was huge I mean the house was a MTV cribs material. Chad goes and talks to a guard that was standing in front of one of the houses door then the guard agrees to something which I suppose is letting us in and opens the door.

“Let me show you the view I was telling you about” Chad says reaching for my hand.
He started to go up some stairs I could see he was really excited, wow he must be really horny I thought. After a while Chad started to run he was running so fast I almost stumbled on one of the stairs which by the way were eternal.

Finally Chad stopped we had reached the houses roof .
“Here” Chad said sitting down.
I followed and sat down next to him
I could see I was wrong he didn’t want to fuck me at least I hope not because the roofs really uncomfortable and besides I’m still a virgin so that would probably make things a lot more difficult. He wasn’t lying though the view really was incredible.

“I love it here” he says
“its beautiful” I say
“you know I didn’t want to go today because I’ve been kind of depressed I think that’s why I had the urge to come here right now “
“why depressed?” I ask.
“I don’t know its just have you ever noticed that everyone’s just so fake?”
“all the time no one’s their self and you get to the point when you yourself forget who you really are”
“precisely, but you I don’t know you’re different you talk about apples and airports.”
“Is that why you brought me up here?”
“yeah you’re my first”
“haha, I’m flattered”
“I’m glad I chose you, your entertaining me well”
“once again I’m flattered”

Ok, I haven't even come close to finishing, but I have to go and my hands are hurting. I'll be back to finish in a while. But, based on what I've seen so far, you may want to scratch this and re-do it. You have errors in grammer, punctuation, capitalization, sentence structure, description, and the list goes on.

Keep trying!

Lurv,
~*Syd*~
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:56 am
View Likes
mandylynn16 says...

please rate this R. It's a shock reading somethign with no raitng, then finding our it has strong curse words 5 times. Other than that , I liekd the story.
"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it."
-Elizabeth Drew

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:40 am
View Likes
~nariel~ says...

I think Silly Sydstix caught most of the mistakes, but there's a few things I would like to mention.

I. Your dialogue needs a lot of work conventions wise. You need to remember to capitalize the first word in your sentence and add a period or a comma at the end. Example:

“Hey, wow you look pretty” my cousin Casey says
“thanks so do you”
“so I think were going bowling”
“cool”
“Michael’s friends name is Chad, just so you know”
“yeah thanks”
“Are you okay your acting all weird?”
“oh yeah I’m perfectly fine”
“okay then, get in”
“the car, right”

Fixed:
"Hey, wow, you look pretty," my cousin Casey says.
"So, I think we're going bowling."
And so on and so forth.

II. Your punctuation throughout this whole thing really needs work. There's question marks where there shouldn't be, no commas or periods in dialogue, and so on. My suggestion would to do a spell check before you post again. Multiple conventional errors take away from your writing and annoys and distracts the reader.

III. All in all, this piece seemed a bit dull. Your second paragraph seemed to ramble on and it just made me think that your character was trying to be all defensive [in my opinion]. Your characters were very good, but you need to polish up on your dialogue so you can make your characters even better.

The dialogue between the cousin and the main character seemed completely out of place and pointless. Try and make it more interesting by adding in the cousin's, as well as the main character's feelings on what's going on.

Right now, I could care less about the cousin and Michael and everyone else. Why? Because you don't really tell me much about them. It seems to only ramble on about your main character. That can get very boring.

Don't get me wrong, your characters are very cool, you just need to polish the up a bit and make them shine.

I'm sorry if I sound mean and harsh, I'm just trying to help. PM me if you have any questions.

Nariel
It's the very witching time of night.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 am
rocio-b says...

Thanks a lot for helping I'm just starting to write and I usually write everything without editing it very well so thankyou for helping out. I appreciate ever comment its not harsh its constructive criticism.

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore