z

Young Writers Society

Sometimes I use my imagination, to make myself happy.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:51 pm
View Likes
Coffeewriter says...

Submission Ten!!!(GOD THIS IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT)

I hope I had a wonderful life…..
I couldn’t understand. Just one second ago, I had been with my mother walking home and now I was here. My dress was stained…red.
Was-s this b-blood?
We were in a dark room, it wasn’t physically dark but the atmosphere seemed like a heavy cloud of thunder darkening the whole room.
She doesn’t know anything
I saw my parents, family, friends and people I knew at one point of my life enter the room in a single line fashion like we do at school.
My whole face lit up when I saw my family and I ran to them.
MUM, DAD, GRANDMA, GRANDPA!!! IT’S ME, LOOK HERE!
They didn’t even glance at me, strange. I ran towards my mum and smiled hugging-wait what.
She doesn’t know anything
My smile evaporated as I now struggled to keep that one thought in my mind that I didn’t want to complete, it was too terrible. It couldn’t be. But everything added up. I would be stupid not to acknowledge the fact in front of me-looming over me.
She doesn’t know anything…
I froze.
A coffin was being brought into the room. It was transparent and covered in my favourite flowers-lilacs. My legs collapsed.
I was the person in that coffin. I was the one who was dead.
I turned frantic
Screaming
Laughing
Crying
Weeping
Cursing
Hitting
Shouting
Everything.
I gazed tearfully at my parents and relatives balling like babies I had already tried to hug, grab or even just poke anyone. I curled up in a ball and rocked myself breathing in and out.
Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale
Eventually, after a while I felt a light brush against my shoulder. I looked up hopefully but my fears were confirmed when I saw a figure wearing a black cloak and holding a scythe in his hands. A cheerful dog yapped at his feet. The figure lifted its hood and revealed an old man with a silver beard and kind wrinkly eyes like Dumbledore. He smiled and I felt an overwhelming sensation of peace but sadness, I tearfully blew a kiss at my family and one last long full look at the whole room before walking out.
I had a wonderful life.
“And just like the moon, we must go though phases of emptiness to feel full again.”

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:58 pm
View Likes
Coffeewriter says...

Submission Eleven!! :D

Those days…
I longed for those days again
Those days of sunshine, happiness and laughter
My boy…
He would talk and play with me for hours on end
Haha
Later on, he started to reject me
I grew scared and upset
Why was he pushing me away? I would offer him flowers, ask his to play his favourite game but he would just ignore me.
He even…walked through me.
Where was my boy gone?! I don’t get it…

I’ve been waiting and waiting for years now… I’ve grown old and rickety
My spirt has gone and my eyes lost their twinkle
Now they just look like someone vacuumed all the stars up and left the dust
My boy’s an old man-wrinkly and kind
I still talk to him
But…it’s my time to go
So is his.
And so we walked down the path of flowery adornments and lush fields together…like the old days.
“And just like the moon, we must go though phases of emptiness to feel full again.”

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway