Young Writers Society

The Tale of Tomato and Strawberry

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:16 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

A roleplay duo by @LuminescentAnt and @Spearmint

Food Land is a wonderous world where food walk and talk. Each food has a different power, corresponding to them. Honey has the power to produce honey that will make people stick to it for eternity. Durian has the power to release a horrible stench that intoxicates enemies. Egg can roll reaaaally fast.

Tomato and Strawberry think their powers couldn't be any lamer. But one day they hear about the Book of the Super Food, a spellbook that can give food amazing powers. It is only a legend, but no one has yet found it. So begin's Tomato and Strawberry's journey to the book, hoping to become Super Tomato and Super Strawberry.

Wow. I have nothing else to say because this is a duo. Anyways, bye!
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:27 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Collaborated with @LuminescentAnt

Once upon a turnip, there was a tomato and a strawberry. (And by that, I mean they were standing by the side of Turnip Road.) Strawberry, with her tiny pastel yellow seeds and her luscious, leafy green hair, sighed. Tomato looked at her friend in concern, her green stem swaying slightly in the breeze.

"What's wrong?" The rising sun shone softly off of Tomato's bright red skin.

"I just wish I had cooler powers like the other foods." Strawberry told her. Her leaves brushed over her eye, and she moved it away.

Tomato immediately turned an even brighter red. "Same!"

Egg rolled by on his way to work, and Tomato waved. She turned back to Strawberry and said, "My power is ridiculous, and I can't even roll as well as Egg."

"I know! What good does changing the color of people and making useless jars even do? WHo even chose our powers?" Strawberry threw her thin black curves of arms into the air.

Tomato sighed. "One of the great mysteries of the universe."

Suddenly, Banana walked up to them. "Guys!!!! Look at what is happening on the news!!!" Banana showed his chopping board iPad to them.

On the iPad, there was a bright blue banner with the words "Breaking News!" scrolling across it. Peach was talking in the center, addressing the viewers with excitement in her voice.

"Milk has just reported that he found a map under the floorboards of his home, which seems to lead the finder to the fabled Book of the Super Food, which is said can give foods unimaginable powers!" Peach explained.

Tomato gasped. She looked at Strawberry. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Only if you're thinking what I'm thinking!" Strawberry's eyes lit up like a lightbulb after a blackout. Her face was starting to turn for bored to ecstatic.

Tomato grinned. "I think it's time for a quest."

Strawberry started bouncing up and down. "Time to become Super Food!!"

(317 words)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

116 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:30 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Collaborated with @Spearmint

"Should we call Milk and ask him if he still has the map?" Tomato asked.

"Good idea, we probably should." Strawberry took out her grater phone and searched up Milk in her contacts. The profile picture was of Milk squirting milk out of his nose. She hit the "call" button and put the phone on speaker, waiting for him to pick up.

After a few rings, Milk came on. "Hello? Oh, thank gooseberry it's you, Strawberry. You have no idea how tired I've gotten of journalists asking me about the map."

Tomato shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah, so, about that..."

"We were kinda wondering if you still had it. We need it for...something." Strawberry said nervously.

"You've gotta be kidding me! You're no better than those journalists! I'm hanging up!" Milk shouted.

"Wait! Can you just tell us where it is? We'll treat you to cookies later!"

Milk paused. "What kind of cookies?"

"Your favorite! Chocolate chip!" Tomato said desperately.

Milk thought about it for one second. "Yeah, yeah, I turned it in, alright? Now give me the cookies!"

"Turned it in to who?" Strawberry asked. "Come on, convince us you're not milking it." Strawberry snickered a little at that.

"Oh, no, I'm being dairy serious. It's at the Waffle Research Lab," Milk told them seriously.

Tomato exchanged a glance with Strawberry. The Waffle Research Lab was infamous for its advanced projects and secretive nature.

"Okay, I told you, now give me the cookies!" Milk said.

"But where is it? How do we get it? Who has it?" Strawberry asked frantically. They needed more information if they were going to get the map.

"Cookies first," Milk said.

"Alright! We'll get you the cookies!" Tomato yelped. "We'll be at your place in ten minutes, then? And you can tell us more there?"

"Sounds like a deal! Bye!" Milk said, hanging up.

(300 words)
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:12 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Collaborated with @LuminescentAnt

The bakery was warm and inviting, and various baked goods filled the hard sugar counters. It was filled with the aroma of fresh bread and slightly sweet cookies and muffins. The bell on the door chimed cheerfully as Tomato and Strawberry walked in.

"Welcome!" Cookie greeted her customers.

"Hi Cookie! Can we have a bag of your Original Chocolate Chip Cookies?" Strawberry asked cheerfully.

"Sure!" Cookie said. Cookie was wearing a pink apron with small ruffles at the side, and there was a picture of a golden-brown chocolate chip cookie on it.

Cookie rummaged around behind the counter and pulled out a large bag of cookies, again with the golden-brown cookie logo. "Here you go!" She plopped the bag down in front of the two, a mouthwatering scent already rising from it.

Tomato was very tempted to eat the cookies herself, but she resisted and quickly paid for them, handing Cookie some rice paper dollars and chocolate coins.

Cookie took the money and put them into her chocolate cashier machine. She handed them the bag along with a rice paper receipt.

"Thanks for coming, have a great day, you two!" Cookie said, smiling. Strawberry and Tomato thanked her back.

Soon enough, Strawberry and Tomato were outside the bakery, heading towards Milk's home. It was a short walk there.

Milk's home was built in a modern style, although its overall shape was that of a carton of milk. A white door was cut into the front.

Strawberry and Tomato walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, Milk opened the door.

"Do you have the cookies?" Milk asked with excitement. Strawberry held out the bag of cookies.

Milk sniffed the bag and grinned. "Perfect. Come inside."

(287 words)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:25 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Milk led the way through the door, past the kitchen, and to the living room. The carpet looked like a puddle of spilled milk, and there was a low coffee table on top of it.
mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:30 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

They sat down on the couch, which was white. Obviously. Milk snatched the bag of cookies from Strawberry's hands. He opened the bag and took out a big, crunchy, sweet cookie, and dipped it in a glass of milk that was on the coffee table before eating it.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:34 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Milk closed his eyes as he savored the gooey chocolate chunks and the crispy cookie. After a good ten seconds, he opened his eyes and looked at Strawberry and Tomato again. "So, the Waffle Research Lab."
mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:39 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

"When they made me turn in the map, they said they will be taking it to the Waffle Research Lab to investigate. They said if I found anthing else, I can go there so I can let them know. They gave me address here." Milk dramatically whipped out a small palimsest of a slip of (rice) paper from behind him.
Last edited by LuminescentAnt on Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:25 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Tomato gasped and squinted at the paper. "100 Breakfast Way." She turned to Strawberry. "Where's Breakfast Way?" Tomato didn't think she'd ever been there before.
mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:29 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Strawberry vaguely remembered driving past Breakfast way and seeing the Headquarters for the Food Land Detective Agency and Investigation. She had seen it when she was on the way to the theater and cinema, she remembered.

"I think it's near the cinema," Strawberry said.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:41 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Oh!" Tomato imagined the cinema in her head. "That's not too far. Let's go!"
mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:53 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

"Right now? That's a little soon, maybe we should make a plan first." Strawberry said. Strawberry wasn't good at improvising. So it seems fitting that they should make a plan. Right, reader?
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

245 Reviews

Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:54 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Tomato pondered this. “Makes sense.” She glanced outside the window and saw that it was starting to rain. She would probably smell petrichor if she stepped outside.
“I suppose we need a way to get inside the Lab. Could we disguise ourselves somehow?”
mint, she/her

=D

116 Reviews

Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:56 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

“But as who?” Strawberry asked. She started thinking. What did Tomato and Strawberry look like…

“Ooh! Maybe you can disguise yourself as Apple! Apple is a reporter, I think, so it would make sense!” Strawberry said.

(35 words)
Last edited by LuminescentAnt on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

245 Reviews

Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:45 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Perfect!" Tomato grinned. "And you can be... Raspberry? Or maybe Watermelon? Both of them work in catering, right?"
mint, she/her

=D

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus