z

Young Writers Society

If Only You Had Died

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon May 08, 2023 3:52 pm
XLovelyJisungSkzX says...

Amethyst swallows hard. 'He looks different.' he thought. He swallowed hard. "You're here. And you've changed." His eyes narrowed slightly. He had his white fancy shirt only buttoned once, revealing his dark chest. He had navy-blue leggings on. "You could have become something greater, you could have done something for the better with your life." Lucifer was confused, wasn't he the enemy? Why was Amethyst acting like they'd known each other for years? Lucifer stayed silent, but watched this go down. Amethyst sighed. "I guess we are more different than I thought we were," Lucifer got more confused by this as Ameythst moved his finger in a circle in the air, and suddenly the pieces of the ring moved a bit, then they came back together and it was fixed.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon May 08, 2023 3:58 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

Atlas lets out a relieved sigh and says quietly "You don't understand." With the ring fixed, he slips it back onto his finger where there was a pale ring from wearing it too much. He had lost it a while back, someone had jumped him and he spent forever looking for it. Now he had it back and he wasn't ever letting go. "you wouldn't understand." he says again, his hand was slightly shaking and he grabs it with his other hand to stop it, but it only works slightly. So much for my cool demeanor, he thinks bitterly.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." - Steven Wright

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 4:02 pm

Amethyst stands from leaning against the wall. "Then tell me," He demands. Some part of him wished that he could take him back, that he could help him turn back into the good person he was when they were younger. His finger twiddled with the matching ring that was on his left hand. Lucifer realized then that he had worn that ring every day. Now he knew what it meant. "Seriously?! So you've known him all this time?!" Lucifer turned to Amethyst. Amethyst ignored him and kept his gaze on Atlas. "If you explained it to me, I'm sure I'd understand more." He said in a low voice.

6 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 4:04 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

he twists the ring on his finger too, twisting the ring along the skin, so much that it was red and looked like it was painful. "they're gone." he mumbles, his lips barely moving. "they're gone and i need them back. he took my memories and he wont. give. them. back." his words were barely understandable through his gritted teeth. "all of them... all of them! even of little kitty."
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 4:09 pm

Amethyst's lips parted into a line and he slightly moved forward. "I can help you. I've studied memories all my life and... I think I know a way I can get Little Kitty back." He told Atlas. Lucifer's mouth widened. "Seriously?! You're choosing him over your best friend?!" Amethyst turned to him. "No, I'm not I'm just..." He paused to look down, a sudden sadness waving over him as he looked at Atlas. "I'm trying to fix what was once broken." He kept looking at Atlas. "I will help you, on one condition. I want you to help me with something I've been working on, something that can help us both." Amethyst told him.

6 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 4:13 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

he blinks in and out of where he stands like a light flickering. emotions affected his power most of the time and this time was no exception. his words become distorted as he says. "i find her out memories." he says, meaning to say i can't find her without my memories until finally, he agrees with amethyst's terms, his chest rising and falling rapidly. he seemed to be having an anxiety attack.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Amethyst nodded. "That should be easy. All I need to do is find the one who has your memories, then I read his mind, and boom." lucifer seemed annoyed now that they were all working together. Amethyst looked down. "Although... I need to know... Why did it end? why did we end?" He asked quietly. "We had it all... And then you left and never came back, leaving with this mysterious person." Amethyst's heart felt like it was going to break as he talked about this subject, but his presence remained calm and collective. He was very good t hiding how he was feeling.

6 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 4:19 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

he stops and goes absolutely still as a cool mask slips over him. he forgot about the fact on why he left. he presses a hand to his chest, trying to calm himself from the anxiety. it was always laughable, a villain with anxiety. "because you were too good for me." he says. "and i didn't want to drag you down."
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 4:25 pm

His eyebrows creased slightly, but he sighed. "I knew it. You thought I was too soft and fragile for yourself. You thought I wasn't strong enough for you." He was slightly angry now, but it didn't show he left his mind that he was in. He looked up. "As a mind reader, it's hard to keep secrets, Atl. Yes, I wish we could have been something more, but we're not. Even you know that." His voice was still low, and his heart broke more, but he looked emotionless. He sighed again. "I thought we had something. I thought we could last forever." He whispered but looked to the ground again. Lucifer had a lump in his throat.

6 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 4:28 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

"you always deserved better." he says. "i was selfish to think i was enough. especially since i got my little kitty killed. did you hear? i got her killed. it was all me. but you probably already knew because you read my mind, huh? don't even deny it." he says. his expression was once more impassive, the shock of seeing him long worn off. "your probably the only one who knows everything about me. even though i don't want you to see the darkest parts you know." he bites his lip hard enough to taste blood.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 4:31 pm

"You were always enough for me. when you left, I thought I wasn't enough for you. and yes, I do know. But I know how it feels to lose someone like that. You're not the only one who hasn't had someone killed." He looked away, letting the memories hit. "But that doesn't change the fact that you can still be good." He walked slightly closer to him, now standing in front of him. Amethyst was much taller than him. He had a mixture of a sad and an angry expression on his face.

6 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 6:52 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

he pushes his chest, pushing him back. "i can never be good." he growls. "i can never be good for you, can't you see that? i can't be who you want me to be." And with that, he disappears. on his couch in his apartment, he collapses and lets the tears flow.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 7:10 pm

Amethyst sighs, as Lucifer yelled at him. He knew he could have done something. He could have helped him. he walked back to the castle and wrote in his journal like he normally does every night. He put on his pajamas and put his hair in a messy bun. Tears slipped as he began to write.

Journal entry #256
Still not successful, although getting close I still can't seem to grasp the chance of freedom. Freedom from myself. Lucifer dawns on me, saying that I 'Betrayed him" and "Neglected him". The way I see it, he doesn't realize the struggle it holds on me. I guess for now, Atlas will stay in my dreams, and in my memories.
𝕬𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖞𝖘𝖙

6 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2023 7:23 pm
C1oudyC1oudy says...

the next day, atlas sits in a coffee shop, the ring present on his thumb. in his mind he turns over the events of yesterday in his mind over and over again. he barely slept that night and he payed for it with dark circles under his eyes and a less harsh demeanor as it slipped away and showed his actual personality.
friendly, bubbly, and all smiles.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ن٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥ﺎ ٱ

Random avatar

Mon May 08, 2023 9:29 pm

Lucifer woke the next morning to find Amethyst standing above him. "Get up, we have company," Lucifer grunted, still a little mad at him. "Who is it?" Lucifer asked, sitting up from his bed. "Na'Talia." Lucifer grunted again. The thought that his older sister was here only made things worse for him. "What does she want?" He asked. Amethyst smoothed out his tail a bit. "She wants to tell you some information, I guess." He shrugged as Lucifer climbed out of bed. He sighed and walked out to were Na'Talia was.

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.
— Christopher Darlington Morley