"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:16 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(If they don't get it through their heads that David Thewlis is my faceclaim and not some rando, I'm gonna throw hands)

(I did upload Bean's picture though)

Bean got up and followed Hunter out. Hunter had sprinted after Olivia, who was one of the first to get up. She cast a glance back at Sadie and gave a little wave.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:18 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(hahaha just put in 20 pictures exclusively of him xD)
(and aww nice! she's adorable!)

Sadie smiled and returned the wave, then started gathering her papers up.

(skip?)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(It's more of a word-based thing so I have to describe the character. So I'm just like, "david thewlis, priest, depressed, three quarter view" and it gives me not that.)

"Think I'll get it?" Bean asked Hunter, who slowed to let her catch up.
"Probably not," he replied. "Miss Lovett will probably want to give it to you but the parents are gonna raise a stink. You know Emily's gonna tell her dad."
"Yeah." She sighed heavily. "But I'm still gonna try."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:23 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(ohhh right I forgot ^^ I've done that type before. Maybe try Lensa? It costs few a dollars but only takes like 20 minutes and has decent-ish quality)

Sadie hummed to herself as she gathered up her remaining scripts and organized them by speaker, then flipped the TV off and headed for the teacher lounge for her planning period.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:25 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I can't spend the money right now; it ain't worth it)

(Wanna skip?)

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:26 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(That's valid ^^ and sure thing! Wanna head over to the other characters? Or skip ahead with these guys? Or their parents, as the case may be xD)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:26 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Sure, let's head over to the other characters and see how they're spending the afternoon.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:29 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Coolio ^^)

Esmond had just come from the stockyards. The cattle auction hadn't gone as well as he'd hoped -- he should have known better than to go during the week, the weekends were usually where he made bank -- but he still made a few grand. He sent his farmhands back with the trucks and trailers with orders to feed the cattle still on the farm and help out the boys mending the fence on the east side of his property, then got in his own truck and started for the local hang-out spot to see what was going on.

He could go for a beer and some wings. He pulled up and parked his truck then strode in, walking straight up to the bar and plucking a menu off the rack without waiting for it to be offered, sitting down on one of the stools and glancing around.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Nicholas had started his day earlier than usual; he'd woken to his dog snarling at the coyotes crying in the distance and couldn't get back to sleep, so he'd poured himself some coffee and gone to watch the sun rise from his back porch. He had a cozy little cabin up the mountain a ways from the town, and while that made it tricky to drive up the winding roads when he'd been out late, it was a gorgeous view.
After that he'd headed into town to pick up some groceries, which were now sitting in his car while he sat at the bar nursing an IPA. A couple of his parishioners had come up to say hello and he'd exchanged customary small talk, but it was clear to them he wasn't in a talking mood and backed off eventually. He hadn't shaved that morning and he was sure he still had deep bags under his eyes. They'd probably deepen by the end of the afternoon, but he'd only been sitting there about an hour. He just had to get home before the vegetables got warm from sitting in the sun.

Marie was off in the corner at the same bar with a stout. She was alone; she was mostly here just to catch her breath. It had been a busy morning like it usually was and she was milking her lunch break for all it was worth. Customers could wait; she needed her mental health time.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:42 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"Reverend," Esmond acknowledged, nodding to him. He looked like hell.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:45 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Mr. Synakrein." Nicholas returned the nod but gave no invitation for him to sit. He had no love for Esmond; the man was rich as sin and likely going to run all the real parishioners out of their houses. Loon Hill wasn't a wealthy place; most of its money came from the nearby coal mine, but it was nearly dry now. Many of the miners were discussing moving to Pennsylvania to work in the steel mills instead. If Synakrein bought up enough land, they'd all be moving that way.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:46 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

"How are you today?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He sipped at his beer, letting it linger in his mouth before he swallowed and said, "I'm fine. Missed you at church last Sunday."

(Does Esmond ever go to this church? If not I'll edit that bit)

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:52 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(I'd say so, probably ^^ I can see him being Casually "Christian" for appearances but not an actual convert lol)

"Ah, yeah, there was an auction." He shrugged, offering a half-apologetic smile. "I'm sure it was a wonderful sermon, though! Sorry to have missed it." He wasn't.

[they/he]

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest