z

Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Roland was quiet for the most part today. Bug was stalking around watching for raiders, though Shingles seemed unconcerned.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:31 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Finally, finally the last cuff fell off. "There." She said.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:33 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Roland rubbed his wrist delicately, wincing. "I'm in your debt, miss."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:03 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I'd say our debts are about even. Let me take a few more notes off that map then I'll be on my way."
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:44 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"You're sure you don't want to come with us? There's safety in numbers."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:02 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She thought about it. That much was true. Even though she'd slept for but a few hours, it was much better than none at all for fear of attack.

112 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:52 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"And we don't sleep," Jackson added. "So you don't need to really take watch. Shingles and Bug and I can share that."

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:04 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Which way were we headed again and what for?"

112 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:30 am
Ljungtroll says...

"We're headed to the nearest village to stock up on supplied," Jackson replied.

she/her

75 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:07 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Might not be a bad idea to travel together for a little longer then." That one night's sleep was speaking.

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:14 am
Ljungtroll says...

Roland brightened at that. "Wonderful!"
"Great!" Jackson nodded. "We need some more fighters, for sure. Is your flesh armor up to that, though?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:28 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"My...what?"

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:30 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Your flesh. It's a protective layer, right? So it's armor. Very delicate armor, but armor nonetheless."

she/her

75 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:40 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Oh. Well I guess it'll have to be up to it. Hopefully I can get my firepieces fixed up and then I won't have to get close enough to test its integrity."

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:31 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"We can protect you if you need; we make sure Roland is kept out of harm's way. He's an extremely fragile human."

she/her

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix