z

Young Writers Society

Mastema

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Why?" Piety instinctively shoved both his hands in his pocket. "What business is it of yours what my hands look like?" Mastema was an unfamiliar name, as was Armilious. Had Ilmater sent him into some sort of fugue state until he reached another continent? That didn't make any sense.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:04 am
SilasVanDemon says...

I'm not going to hurt you I just want to see your fingerprints. If you really aren't a chimera like you say, which I do believe mind you, you won't have fingerprints.

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:05 am
Ljungtroll says...

Piety narrowed his eyes and reluctantly offered him his hand. It was long-fingered and thin, and callouses and scars were visible in many places. But, blessedly, there were fingerprints.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:08 am
SilasVanDemon says...

He definitely wasn't a chimera. Scabtree had no idea what sort of creature he was. A crowd was beginning to form. Scabtree hated crowds.
Come on, I'll take you some place safer
Scabtree started walking, expecting the creature to follow.

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:10 am
Ljungtroll says...

Piety's brow furrowed. He did want to get off the street out from under curious gazes, but he didn't trust this stranger. "Why should I follow you?" he asked. "Moments ago you were quite hostile. You could be taking me somewhere to kill me."

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:12 am
SilasVanDemon says...

Scabtree chuckled.
If I wanted you dead you would be

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:13 am
Ljungtroll says...

Piety scoffed, but he followed after the man. "I don't believe I caught your name, human. What shall I call you?"

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:15 am
SilasVanDemon says...

I'm Judge Scabtree, but you can just call me Scabtree. I'm not big on long titles. What's your name?

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 am
Ljungtroll says...

"I am Piety," Piety said proudly. "Of Undercliff. Cleric of the Church of Ilmater and administrator of Justice and Mercy to the land of Faerun." What an ugly name Scabtree was. It was like something between an Orc and a Dwarf's name.

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:21 am
SilasVanDemon says...

Wow...
Scabtree said sarcastically
...That's an awful lot of fucking words. Faerun... Is that somewhere in the sprite forest? You do look kind of like a Fairy

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:23 am
Ljungtroll says...

Scabtree had obviously never seen a Fairy before. "It's a continent," he retorted snidely. "Far away from here, evidently. I would have thought that you'd be well-read, being a judge. Apparently not. Where is this place on a map? And what is a sprite forest?"

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 am
SilasVanDemon says...

[media=] Oh yeah, I'll just pull out the world map I keep with me always to show you... Oh wait no I won't because nobody has that. I can tell you that no such continent exists on any map I've seen. Unless you mean Taiyosha or Asier or something like that [/media]

They stroll past more Heards of animal like chimera in tattered clothes being led into pins

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:37 am
Ljungtroll says...

Piety watched this, dismayed. He sped up to match Scabtree's gait. "What is that? What are they doing to those people?" he asked.

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 am
SilasVanDemon says...

Scabtree looked directly at the chimera.
What people?

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:40 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Them." He pointed. "Are they slaves?" If they were, he would free them immediately, clerical powers be damned. Nobody would remain in bondage while he was around.

she/her

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held