Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 pm
View Likes
SilasVanDemon says...

[color=#FF8000][color=#FF8000][/color][/color]
@GrandWild
Spoiler! :
Scabtree was red haired mountain of a man. Square jawed with a neat buzzcut and a faint scar on his right cheek

It was an especially frigid day, things were quiet. It was census day for half-breeds. Every half-breed was to report to the census tent before the end of the day or be penalized, including Scabtree. He decided to patrol the city just once before he got it over with. He went to the ports and watched chimera quietly and joyously shuffle themselves off onto ships to be sent to construction sites and labor camps all over the kingdom. Nothing out of the ordinary, yet.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:41 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Piety
Appearance: A tiefling of about 6'2", with long maroon hair and pinkish skin. His horns are white gazelle-like horns that sprout from just above his eyebrows. He's fairly thin and his eyes are completely black. He wears clerical robes of white and red. He has a long tail the same color as his skin.
Piety screenshot (1).png
Piety screenshot (1).png (199.63 KiB) Viewed 341 times

Piety could not remember arriving in this stinking city, but Ilmater had gone quiet in his soul and this frightened him.
He had fallen out of practice with being frightened, and the sick feeling in his stomach agreed with him even less than it had been when he was still a lowly slave all those years ago. He was used to being powerful, now.
To make matters worse, this was a city filled with humans and unfamiliar races. Not a halfling, tiefling, or elf in sight. He got strange stares from many passers-by, and by the time he reached what he assumed was the city's center he was beginning to wish he had a spell to disguise the horns atop his head, which seemed to be the things drawing the most looks.
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

Random avatar

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 pm
View Likes
SilasVanDemon says...

GrandWild wrote:Name: Piety
Appearance: A tiefling of about 6'2", with long maroon hair and pinkish skin. His horns are white gazelle-like horns that sprout from just above his eyebrows. He's fairly thin and his eyes are completely black. He wears clerical robes of white and red. He has a long tail the same color as his skin.
Piety screenshot (1).png
Spoiler! :

Piety could not remember arriving in this stinking city, but Ilmater had gone quiet in his soul and this frightened him.
He had fallen out of practice with being frightened, and the sick feeling in his stomach agreed with him even less than it had been when he was still a lowly slave all those years ago. He was used to being powerful, now.
To make matters worse, this was a city filled with humans and unfamiliar races. Not a halfling, tiefling, or elf in sight. He got strange stares from many passers-by, and by the time he reached what he assumed was the city's center he was beginning to wish he had a spell to disguise the horns atop his head, which seemed to be the things drawing the most looks.

The trouble Scabtree was looking out for reared its ugly head. Not exactly an emergency but definitely an oddity that needed to be dealt with. It looked like a chimera but it seemed quite different from usual ones. Something in its face and it is eyes. It didn't have the same submissive, docile expression chimera usually had. On top of that it appeared to have a scabbard. Giving a chimera a weapon was a definite felony and needed to be corrected. When Scabtree approached the creature, he noticed it reeked of something he didn't recognize.
Hey Chimera, where is your master
He looked around to see if he could find a human nearby who would admit ownership of it.

112 Reviews

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:58 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"I beg your pardon?" Piety drew himself up, placing a hand on the hilt of his dagger. "I'm a Tiefling. Haven't you ever seen a Tiefling before, human?" Evidently not, if he was calling him a bloody chimera. He didn't look remotely like such a creature. "Do I look like a three-headed monstrosity to you?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 am
SilasVanDemon says...

GrandWild wrote:Name: Piety
Piety screenshot (1).png
Spoiler! :

The trouble Scabtree was looking out for reared its ugly head. Not exactly an emergency but definitely an oddity that needed to be dealt with. It looked like a chimera but it seemed quite different from usual ones. Something in its face and it is eyes. It didn't have the same submissive, docile expression chimera usually had. On top of that it appeared to have a scabbard. Giving a chimera a weapon was a definite felony and needed to be corrected. When Scabtree approached the creature, he noticed it reeked of something he didn't recognize.
Hey Chimera, where is your master
He looked around to see if he could find a human nearby who would admit ownership of it.

Scabtree was more amused than offended. It must have been some kind of practical joke by a chimera forger. "A Tiefling eh? What pray tell is a Tiefling?"

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:19 am
SilasVanDemon says...

GrandWild wrote:"I beg your pardon?" Piety drew himself up, placing a hand on the hilt of his dagger. "I'm a Tiefling. Haven't you ever seen a Tiefling before, human?" Evidently not, if he was calling him a bloody chimera. He didn't look remotely like such a creature. "Do I look like a three-headed monstrosity to you?"

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:22 am
SilasVanDemon says...

Scabtree was more amused than offended. It almost acted like a human. It must have been some kind of practical joke by a chimera forger with way too much time on his hands.
Alright, very funny. Now show me where your master is...and while you're at it hand over that dagger.
Scabtree held out his hand waiting for the creature to hand him the weapon without resistance.

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:25 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Good lord sirrah)

"Hand over--" Piety spluttered. "Certainly not! What right have you to demand me to hand over my property? I am a servant of the holy Ilmater, not some common criminal. Where are your superiors? I must speak with them at once." He would summon a spell if he could, but he wasn't sure where Ilmater had gone. His presence was still silent.

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:32 am
SilasVanDemon says...

I'm the Judge of this city. I have no superior. And you are beginning to annoy me, slave with your gibberish. Now do as your told before I'm inclined to damage you.

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:37 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Good luck," Piety said coldly. "Call me slave again and we'll see who'll be damaged." He reached out to Ilmater with his mind, sending up a silent prayer. The magic sparked in him for a moment, then fizzled out. Damn. The dagger wouldn't be enough against this behemoth; he'd have to improvise.

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:44 am
SilasVanDemon says...

Scabtree was shocked by the measly sparks. He moved back slightly. "Did that chimera just use magic? That shouldn't be possible. Could he be some kind of freak of nature?" he thought.
Hey, how'd you do that?
he asked with a bit of concern.

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:48 am
Ljungtroll says...

Piety's opaque eyes narrowed; had that impressed the human? If only he could see what he could do with at full power; he'd be sorry when Hellish Rebuke was scathing flesh from bone. "What, this?" He made sparks again. "As I said, I'm a servant of Ilmater, the god of mercy. I carry out his bidding by dealing justice to the suffering and their tormentors. Are you a victim or a tormentor, human?"

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 am
SilasVanDemon says...

I am nobody's victim, and I serve only justice. I've never heard of Ilmater... and what is a God?

112 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am
Ljungtroll says...

That shocked Piety more than anything else, and he paused. "You don't know what a god is? How...how is that possible?" He studied the human. "What city is this? What province?"

she/her

Random avatar

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am
SilasVanDemon says...

You're in Mastema. At the far North end of Armilious
this creature couldn't be a half-breed. It was too autonomous.
Let me see your hand

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana