590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue May 31, 2022 12:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Awesome!

Before I could respond, a door magically appeared in front of us. It had appeared out of thin air; just moments before, there had only been empty hallway. Tired of walking through this conversation and tired of trying to have a conversation with Sorenson, I opened the door.

Like every other time, the door frame pushed past us until Sorenson and I were both standing in the room. It was more of a cavern than an actual room. Pale, blue crystals jutted out of the ground at various angles. I tried looking for a door, but none appeared. Even the door we had come from had unsurprisingly vanished into the cave.

"Well," I said, "this isn't ominous."

The ground rumbled. The crystals shook, but the cavern shaking wasn't enough to make me lose my balance.

Spoiler! :
When they tell the truth, the crystals can light up. If they lie, the room could shake like it's a mini-earthquake. :) Even though Skull wasn't trying to lie there, the cavern interpreted his sarcasm as a lie because it wasn't true.

The OG truth telling area in the campaign just had different colored crystals glow when the truth or a lie was spoken, but I thought it would be fun to up the stakes a bit more with the shaking. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue May 31, 2022 1:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Being ominous is subjective, I would point out)
(But yes I love this aesthetic!)

Sorenson grimaced and looked around. "Blast. I'd been hoping for something a little more....wide open. I suppose this will do."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Thanks! And that's a good point. I'll just pretend that it registered as a lie because Skull doesn't actually think it's ominous. :P

At Sorenson's comment, the crystals glowed a pale, dull blue.

I stared at the crystals. What had made them start glowing? Was it something Sorenson said? When I opened my mouth, it made the room shake. When he opened his mouth, he got a nice light show.

"...Are you using magic?" I asked.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Certainly not! Well. I didn't make them glow."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The crystals glowed again when Sorenson denied using his magic, but stopped glowing the moment he said he had nothing to do with it. Instead, the ground shook once more.

"Are you sure you didn't make them glow?" I asked. "Because they've only glowed when you've talked so far-"

As the words left my mouth, the crystals glowed again.

I blinked and stared at them.

"...Never mind," I said.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:18 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"How fascinating!" Sorenson looked up at the crystals in interest. "What do you suppose causes that?"

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I gave him a look.

"I don't know," I said, and to that the crystals glowed again. "If I did know, I wouldn't have asked if you had done it."

The crystals glowed again. There had to be some kind of pattern to when they glowed and when they didn't, but I wasn't sure what it was. It couldn't be who was talking. Maybe it was something we had said while we were talking?
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:32 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sorenson paced around the room. "They don't glow or shake when we ask questions," he mused. The crystals glowed. "So it's a statement." Another glow. "Hm..."

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"But they don't glow every time we make a statement," I argued. As if to go against my point, the crystals decided to glow again. "When I said this place was ominous when we first stepped in, the ground shook instead. It shook when you said you didn't have anything to do with this, too."

The crystals glowed just a bit brighter.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"So is there a connection to us making a statement about the place itself?"

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I shrugged. The crystals, apparently, only wanted to glow when statements were made verbally. A shrug didn't result in anything. No shaking of the ground, and no glowing of the crystals.

"What if it's just statements in general?"
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:26 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Let's try this: I want to go home!"

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The crystals glowed.

"I also want to go home," I tentatively said, though I wasn't really sure where home was at this point. The crystals glowed once more.

I glanced over at Sorenson.

"It doesn't just have to be about this room," I said. The crystals, in response, glowed for a third time in a row.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:40 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sorenson's brow furrowed, and he paced. Then his eyes lit up. "Oh, let me try something! I am a human."

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:04 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The ground shook.

I crossed my eyes and eyed the nearest crystals. I got what Sorenson was trying to test now. To test it myself, I said, "I'm a demon."

The ground shook again.
mage

queer and here.

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala