The Human and the God

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Human and the God

Brought to you by @Liberty and @Magestorrow!

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Up until he ended up in the strange, dark room, the day had been a relatively normal one. He had worked on a few projects around the End, sparred with Aleks and Lex, and hung out with his brothers - it wasn't anything particularly special. He had been heading to his bedroom after dinner when he suddenly found himself whisked away to a dark, unfamiliar room. That wasn't normal in the slightest.

He had been brought to places before - three times in recent memory - but none of them had been so dark. He had been in a brightly lit hallway before; it was hard adjusting to the darkness of the room. As he stumbled around and tried to figure out just where he had ended up, he bumped into what felt vaguely like a counter.

That would have been bad enough - he let out a startled cry of pain when his leg collided with the furniture. But there must have been something balanced on top of it, because right afterwards he heard metal go crashing to the ground right in front of them.

Télos froze in the darkness.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:23 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery looked back. Since when did getting water in the middle of the night get so exciting? He walked towards the counter and shuffled his way to the light's switch.

Then he remembered that it was probably the wretched raccoon who always came barging into the kitchen somehow. Avery let out a low growl that always scared away the raccoon but he didn't hear any scuttling.

He creeped towards the cabinet in which mum had put all the pans. He took one out ever so slowly and closed the cabinet at the same speed. Walking towards the light switch, he turned it on quickly and stared at the strange being. Then he screamed like a two year old girl.

Thank God his family members were all the deepest of sleepers.
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos - who had made his entirely golden sword appear in his hands the moment he heard the growl - gave a startled yelp at the scream and the sight before him. The boy standing in the room looked like a player, but his voice had been very, very audible. If he hadn't been able to fall asleep before ending up here, he would have remembered that this wasn't necessarily something to panic about anymore.

But he had been, so the yelp slipped out and he went stumbling back towards what was definitely a counter.

Some part of him knew he didn't want to bang into it again, and tried its best to change his path before he could make contact. He managed to avoid bumping into the counter, but he wasn't entirely saved - he fell the ground in an awkward show of flailing limbs, golden sword skittering across the floor and to the feet of the boy.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery shut up and backed away, squeezing his eyes shut. When he heard the clanking of - was it metal? - he opened his pale green eyes and tripped on the broom that his sister had forgotten to pick up before going to bed. Sitting up, Avery looked down at the golden... sword? Weren't those used in the ancient ages? And what was this person or... being doing here? This being was most definitely not human considering his features.

Questions were roaring inside his head. But Avery succeeded in keeping them shut in a box in the corner of his brain.

He looked up at the being and then back down at the sword. Then laughed. "I love this dream so far!" he shook his head then pinched a strand of his brown hair out. Wincing, his eyes grew wide in fear. Then he got up. "No no no no. This can't be. Who are you? Actually," he paused and gulped, "what are you?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He stared up at the boy from the floor.

"I'm Télos," he said, with noticeably less bravado than he usually did his introductions with - although the hurry to get the long string of words out was just as present in his slightly more frantic voice. "God of gold and ruler of the End because democracy takes way too much time to put into place. And I'm a-"

He paused, stared, and gave a nervous laugh.

"...I guess I already answered that one," he admitted.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery's eye twitched. Then he laughed. For the second time that night. He clutched his stomach and suddenly, he had to hold on to the counter so he wouldn't fall over.

He couldn't believe his weird luck. He came downstairs to get a glass of water because he was thirsty. Then he heard a noise and thought it was the raccoon but no. It's some... old God.

When he calmed a bit, he sipped the water that was sitting on the counter, and stood up straight, "Alright. Very funny. Play time's over. What are you doing? How many bucks do you need, you horrible thief?"

As the words finished tumbling out of his mouth, Avery's eyes flickered towards the golden sword. He pointed towards it. "Real?" he picked it up, running his hands along the sharp edge.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's real," Télos said. He was starting to get over his initial worry now - the boy really wasn't all that terrifying. He hopped back up to his feet and watched as the boy ran his hands alongside the blade. They were straying dangerously close to the part of the sword that would actually cut, so Télos did what he did best.

He improvised.

He made the sword disappear right from the boy's hands.

"I'm not a thief," he said. "I'm really a god."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:20 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery narrowed his eyes at where he was playing with the swords and looked up at Télos. "Alright, Télas - whatever your name is - you aren't a thief. That's for sure, since you're saying it yourself." he grunted, "You're a magician."

He crossed his arms and proudly held his chin high. "It's not like there's any sort of weirdo Gods on Earth. Aren't they in the clouds or in Heaven or..." his face went pale.

"You're like Zeus and the Roman Gods!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"...Zeus?" he asked. He might have heard that name once or twice, but he had no idea what the significance of it was. He also had no idea who the Roman gods were, but he didn't want to sound too oblivious.

"And I'm not from Earth," he said. "I'm from another world. You might have heard of it? Lex says it was pretty popular when he was here - or the game was, anyways."

He paused - not intentionally for dramatic effect, but to decide how to broach the subject.

"I'm from Minecraftia."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:03 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
I'm not into much gaming and stuff... But I have a suspicious feeling that Minecraftia is not a thing and that Télos is not from Minecraft or Minecraftia. Unless I'm wrong...?

Avery raised a brow. "Minecraft? I don't play that anymore. And... that means your a God from a game?"

Smirking, Avery took his glass and sat on one of the dining chairs and moved a chair beside him in a position saying come and sit but I still hate you.

"And who's Lex? Do you mind clearing things up for me, Télas?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Minecraftia isn't technically a place in the game, but I have it as a world in my fanfiction that players "visit" when they play the game. They think they're playing a game, while their game avatars are actually interacting with another world. :)

He joined the boy at the table.

"It's Télos," he corrected, already knowing that the mispronunciation was probably intentional - this boy was starting to make him thing of Aleks. "And Lex is one of my chosen. It's a long story, but he's from here, actually."

He faltered.

"...Maybe," he clarified. "This might not be his Earth. I haven't ever ended up on another one, but I've heard people mention them before."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:26 am
View Likes
Lib says...

"Yeah, yeah, Télos. Hm. Okay so there's more planets in which there are magical people you say. I don't quite believe in magic, but like..." Avery gestured vaguely at Télos. "You... are, I guess."

Avery thought about this a bit.

Then another question appeared. "Why did you come here?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos faltered at the question.

"...I'm not really sure," he admitted. "I was just walking through my palace when I ended up here - I was about to go to bed."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:11 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery sighed, shaking his head and instinctively looked at his watch. It was three in the morning. He rubbed his eyea. "We should go to my apartment. I was here for Easter holidays, but you pretty much messed up my plans. We'll continue our conversation there."

He got up and went to the farthest cabinet in the kitchen. He took out a piece of paper and a pen.

At my apt. Be back soon. Love all of you.
-A

He scribbled it onto the paper and taped it on the fridge where Izzy - his sister - was bound to see it. He walked away from the fridge, leacibg the kitchen and turning the corner to get to the mudroom. Taking out his boots, he slipped them on amd peeked into the kitchen and raised an eyebrow at Télos.

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena