Young Writers Society

The Mustache and The Beard

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:04 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy blinked. "Should I be worried then if there's a dog tryna find us? Or that it's almost here?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:09 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Um...Dogs are nice?"
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:57 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy could see the dog starting to bound towards them through the forest. In a moment of apathy, she figured, well, it could be worse. And if the dog wasn't nice, she could always... fight it, she supposed. Not that she wanted to.

"Yeah, I guess. Wolves are too," she said quietly with a little grin.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Voices. Tasha perked up as she heard them. She put her fingers in her mouth and a loud whistle pierced the air. The dog froze, pivoted, and sprinted towards her at her command.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 pm
soundofmind says...

The dog was turning around. Amy had a feeling they were supposed to follow, so she dashed off in that direction. "C'mon!"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Tasha leaned against a tree as her dog came running towards her and plopped down at her feet.

~

Ari crashed through the brush behind Amy, sprinting after the the werewolf and the dog.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James looked up as he saw Amy and Ari following close behind Bane, and gave them a small nod of recognition.

Amy stopped to catch her breath, but still spoke anyway. "You guys okay?"

James looked to Tasha. "I'm fine. She's wounded."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:33 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Ari charged James and grabbed him in a bear hug. "JAMES I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU YOU HAVE NO IDEA I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!"

Tasha grunted a little. "It's not that bad. I'm fine."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James, unable to return the hug, as his arms were pinned against his sides, simply smiled a strained smile and nodded until Ari loosed his grip.

"I'm glad you're okay as well," he wheezed.

Meanwhile, Amy inched closer to Tasha, shifting back into her human form and kneeling down beside the one-eyed, angry woman. She looked down at the wound, wrapped, and bleeding through a little.

"I... I have healing magic. I can heal it if you let me," she said quietly. "It'd be worlds easier than trying to bear with it for the month or so it'll take to fully heal."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Ari released James and then dug around in his boot and produced a stickers bar. "I brought food! I thought you might be hungry after all that travel," he beamed.

Tasha hesitated, studying Amy for a few moments. She didn't like it. She didn't like taking favors from someone she'd wronged. And yet...what choice did she have? Slowly, the hunter nodded and unwrapped the injury with a sharp intake of breath that was the only sign to betray her pain.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:39 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James smiled weakly, taking the offering of food with a grateful bow of his head. "I am, actually," he said quietly. "Thank you."

Amy nodded, watching warily as Tasha pulled away from her bandages. Though she'd seen all sorts of wounds before, she had to keep herself from cringing at the sight of blood combined with Tasha's tense hiss. She looked up at Tasha with a careful gaze, then reached out and laid her hands gently over the wound.

"This'll take me a few minutes," she whispered, already blocking out sound as she focused her energy on her magic and her hands. Her hands began to glow with a light in her veins, and she could start to feel where the damage was within Tasha's body. She could feel where the bullet tore through - the places the thieves could've done better in caring for the wound - and everything in between.

She closed her eyes, and the healing energy from her body was shared with Tasha's. Slowly, Tasha's skin and everything beneath it began to stitch itself together.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:06 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Tasha barely kept herself from wincing as Amy put her hands over the bloodied, dirty, and overall very aggravated injury. The sensation of the wound putting itself together wasn't exactly painful but it was rather unnerving to someone who was so attached to things being normal.

Seems like she'd be having to give that up, though, didn't it?

Wolfsbane sat next to her mistress and watched Amy warily but she didn't intervene; without given the command by Tasha, she wasn't to attack. She did, however, very much want to, and that much was made very clear to the werewolf by her posture and her intense gaze.

Ardeshir beamed as James took the stickers bar. It was, oddly enough, quite strange that someone would accept such a gift from him. He wasn't sure why, but more ofthen than not, their reactions were some version of what Rosaleen's had been: surprised, and, moreover, disgusted.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:22 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James took a bite of the stickers bar idly as he watched Amy focus her magic on healing Tasha. He remained silent, not wanting to break her concentration.

Just as Amy had predicted, a few minutes passed before the wound closed completely, leaving nothing but a small, clean scar to indicate that it was ever there. Amy admittedly felt drained after the endeavor but tried not to show it. Even though Tasha was on the receiving end of the favor, she didn't want to assume Tasha would be kind to her or not take advantage of her weariness. She gave Tasha the most awkward of conjured smiles as she pulled her hands away and wiped them in mild disgust on the grass at the foot of the tree.

"Well, uh, there. No more infection. No more pain. Just a nice little scar."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She looked down at it, surprised. That'd worked...better than she thought it would. She honestly wasn't sure what she expected but it hadn't been...that.

"Thanks," she murmured, somewhat awkwardly.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy’s awkward smile grew wider and she laughed an airy, nervous laugh. “No problem,” she said as she got up and backed up towards Ari.

James looked down at Tasha and her healed wound. After a small look of approval to Amy, he approached her.

“Feeling better?” he asked.

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe