z

Young Writers Society

Partner needed for historical fiction

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 pm
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

I have been on this website for about three months now, but I haven't tried co-writing yet. And another thing I haven't tried yet is historical fiction (novel), which I think can be really amazing if written properly.
This is the what I have figured out-
  • The main character would be a female, and the story would be from her POV.
  • The main character is a con artist, and she is trying to make the heir of the throne fall in love with her, but it is for a good reason. If she does, she could gain a lot of power since the prince was pretty clueless, and be the first powerful female ruler in like forever.
  • Of course, she will fall in love, but not with the prince, with a third character, and she is not sure if she wants to be with the person she loves, or bring women power.
  • My story will have LGBT+ characters, and I will also have a lot of powerful female characters (other than the main character), as well as male characters.
  • I have a friend whom I have requested to proofread my work before I post it on YWS, and I will probably be doing the same for this work as well, if you can, please do the same.
  • I was planning on keeping fantasy out for now, but if we can come up with something good enough, we can always add it.
  • I think the novel should be ended in a way that the story forms a sort of cycle. Like something with major significance that happened in the first chapter would be sort of repeated, maybe the characters would be switched or something.
  • I haven't thought much about if the con artist decides to pursue love or make sure women get the equal share of power. I think we can work our way through that part, and decide later.
Yeah, I guess that is about it, and I think I could do with 2-3 people (excluding me).
I know I have put a lot of details out, but if we come up with something good enough, we can always strike out anything else already mentioned here.
Last edited by TheWeirdoFromBeyond on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 am
WritingPrincess says...

Hello!
I'd love to be your partner for this novel. I love your ideas and I think we would be a good duo. Let me know what you think.
Have a good day.
My contest: Pairs Poetry Contest
My WRFF: WritingPrincess’s Review Den

67 Reviews

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:20 am

Let's do this. We can have write-ins when both of us are available.
Last edited by TheWeirdoFromBeyond on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

Random avatar

Reviews: 36
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm
GodfreysBouillon says...

Last edited by GodfreysBouillon on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

67 Reviews

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:29 pm

I have not thought much about the time, or location. And with regards to the LGBT+ character thing. It is actually to highlight how people weren't open-minded about the LGBT+ community before now. But if @WritingPrincess also agrees, we can cut out that part.
Also, when can we start?

This is the time I am mostly available (it will be shown according to your time zone)

-
Mostly, on all week days within the time period mentioned.

Code: Select all
[date]mm/dd/yyyy tt:tt GMT[/date]
-Desert Hearts
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

30 Reviews

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:29 pm
WritingPrincess says...

Yes, I agree to that.

Unfortunately, I am forced to attend the terror of school with therefore takes away my writing time throughout the day. Most days I arrive home from school at 3:30pm (London time zone here, I don’t know how to do the automatically adjust thing) and I am available after that.
Have a good day.

67 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 am
View Likes

(I had to put a date, or the code would not have worked, so we would only see 3:30 in London time)
I did the code thing and this is when WritingPrincess is available, and it will be shown to you according to your time zone.

To me, that time is fine. I can just adjust the things I usually do, and find the time to make it for the Writefeed, but I think we should do it in the weekend since I am usually tired by that time (I also have school till three, and lately, there has been a lot of things going on, so I'm exhausted by that time).

What about you, @GodfreysBouillon ?
-Desert Hearts
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

30 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 pm
View Likes
WritingPrincess says...

I can usually do 3:30pm London time at the weekend.
Have a good day.

Random avatar

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 pm
GodfreysBouillon says...

Last edited by GodfreysBouillon on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

30 Reviews

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:20 am
View Likes
WritingPrincess says...

@GodfreysBouillon @TheWeirdoFromBeyond I can do the time Godfreys said pretty much every day.
Have a good day.

67 Reviews

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 am
View Likes

GodfreysBouillon wrote:Hey sorry I haven't responded, for some reason I'm not getting notifications on this conversation. I'm just glad I checked.

But dang, are you guys both across the world from me? If the time zone thing is correct it says you're only on from 4 in the morning to 7:30 am, in my time....lol I cant do that for obvious reasons. Even WritingPrincess' time is not good for me, I'm either at work or lifting.

Literally any time, and day past 2:30 pm in my time zone (MT time) to midnight I'll be checking the computer frequently. Thats 9:30 PM in London time.

Also are we going to be doing this on WrtersFeedPad or somewhere else?

Did you subscribe to this thread? Only then you will get notifications.
I think we should use WriterFeedPad, as long as you guys are cool with it.
Also, when do we start? I can't do it at @GodfreysBouillon 's time since that would be around 2:30 am for me.
Last edited by TheWeirdoFromBeyond on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Desert Hearts
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

Random avatar

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:01 pm
GodfreysBouillon says...

30 Reviews

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm
View Likes
WritingPrincess says...

Well, I can do that time and yeah Writerfeedpad would be best.
Have a good day.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:45 pm
GodfreysBouillon says...

You wanna start the WFP Weirdo? Its your project after all, just seems best

how about we all just try to get on whenever we can? I think thats what we'll have to do.

30 Reviews

Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
— Thomas Neill