z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:05 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I quickly changed into shorts and a t-shirt. I opened the door to see Seth standing there confused. "What is it Seth?" I asked, trying to act casual.

"Are you alright? You said you tripped." He asked, looking at me to see if anything was hurt.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I mean, my leg hurts a little, but I will manage." As I said those words, I realized how bad I was at lying.

"How did you fall?" Seth asked, looking at my "hurt" leg.

"Um... I.. I was trying to get my bathing suit off and it got stuck over my head and I ran into the dresser and just fell over." I said. "It's pretty embarrassing."

He sighed, finally letting it go. Just when I thought I was in the clear, my dad came in with an icepack. "You better put some ice on it. We don't want this to impact your training. Just sit in bed and keep in elevated."

I sighed and fake limped over to the bed and sat on the bed. I got out my phone and texted Klaus.

To Klaus:
I am bed ridden because I'm a horrible liar.

I'm coming over then ;)

Before I could text him no, he was already climbing through the window. I turned on the TV so we could talk freely and locked the door.

"Are you trying to get me in trouble?" I asked him. Part of me was joking but part of me was being serious.

"I thought you wanted to live on the wild side." He said, sitting next to me.

I sigh. "Yeah, I don't think I am really cut out for that." I said.

"Hey, you were doing great when we were against the door." He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom to brush my wet hair. He followed me and came up behind me, meeting my eyes in the mirror. His arm slowly went down my side and found my free hand.

"I don't know how you do it." I told him, pulling my eyes away from him in the mirror.

With his free hand, he took he brush out of my hand and put it on the counter. "Do what?" He asked, against my neck.

"How you manage to make me feel absolutely crazy." I said.

He turned me around to face him and pulled my chin up, forcing me to meet his eyes. "It's because I know your greatest weakness." He said, smirking.

"And what's that?"

"Me." He said, confidentially. He picked me up and set me on the counter and kissed me hard like he did before.

When we pulled away, he set his forehead on mine. "Yep, you're right."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:48 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Is this what you want, boy?" I laughed, holding my lacrosse ball above Murphy's head. His tail wagged excitedly as he jumped up and tried to grab it. I ran my fingers through my hair then pulled my Virginia Tech baseball cap on backwards and hurled the ball across the lawn with my stick. Murphy bolted after it and returned shortly after to drop it back at my feet.

"Tire him out, Nik!" Mom called from the porch. "He's getting on my nerves."

"He's such a little baby, though!" Liesel cooed, walking holding a bottle of nail polish and sitting down in a lawn chair next to me. "Look at him wag his tail, you can't be mad at that."

Mom laughed dryly and squeezed Dad's shoulders before going back into the house. He exhaled a puff of smoke from his cigar. "Your mother is right. The dog needs to stop digging in the trash." I scooped up the ball and threw it again. Dad ground the end of his cigar into an ash tray beside him and stood up. "I'm going to help your mother with dinner. Don't go too far, it should be ready soon."

The sliding glass door closed behind him and a wave of silence fell between me and Liesel. Murphy's panting was the only sound combined with the rustle of the trees every once in a while until Liesel spoke up.

"Where's Blair today?"

"Having dinner with her own family probably."

"When are you going to tell her you like her?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I grunted, throwing the ball with more force than previously. "She's my best friend, you know that. Don't you have something else to do than bother me about Blair?"

She shook her head, her red curls bouncing as she did. "Not until later. I'm eleven, not blind. I see how you look at her. It's like how Jack looks at Rose on the Titanic."

I was spared answering by Mom's head poking out of the door and calling us in for dinner. I dropped the slobber covered ball and ushered both Liesel and Murphy up the stairs to the porch. I couldn't help but notice Dad's open cigar box perched on the ledge. After Liesel had stepped inside and taking a quick glance around, I grabbed one and shoved it in my pocket then joined everyone for dinner.

Blair came over later to join me at the small fire I made in our fire pit. When she sat down I gave her a mischievous grin.

"Uh oh," she laughed. "I know that look."

"What look?" I cried as I wiggled my eyebrows. "I'm not giving a look."

"What, did you steal the boat keys again?" She asked in a hushed tone since my parents voices were still audible from the porch.

"For the record, missy, I don't steal anything, I borrow or displace." I paused. "However, this time I did steal because I can't put it back when we're done."

Blair raised her eyebrows. "We? I don't remember agreeing to whatever you're proposing yet." I pulled the cigar out of my pocket just enough so Blair could see what it was before I tucked it back away. "You want me to smoke with you?" She asked, incredulously.

"Well, yeah." I shrugged. "I mean you don't have to if you don't want to, but I thought it might be fun to try new things, you know?"

"I'm pretty sure that 'trying new things' doesn't apply to drugs or seeing how many tequila shots you can have before passing out or anything of that nature."

I laughed. "We're not shooting heroin, B! If you want to take the L be my guest, but I'll be sitting on the dock pretending I'm an old English man in a smoke room playing poker with a cigar dangling from my lips later tonight after my parents go to bed. So," I said, getting up to go tell my parents I was going to bed so they might get the hint and follow shortly after, "if you want to join me that's where I'll be."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Mon May 02, 2016 2:43 am
TaylorLove says...

-Blair

I got out of the shower, my hair soaking wet, determined that I was not going to go. I did not have to say yes. Despite being curious, I tried to ignore what I wanted and just go to sleep. I put on my old cheer shorts that I slept in because they were too short to wear in public and a sports bra.

As I laid in bed, I could not get him off my mind. They fact that he even made me want to try new things made me happy. It was weird to me, liking someone so much. The only thing in my mind that would and is holding me back now is the fear that my feelings are not reciprocated. I know that he cares, but if he really felt the same way about me that I did him was the thing that made me nervous.

I sighed and got out of bed and throwing a t-shirt on, grabbed my glasses and headed out my window. As I got closer to the dock, I could see his silhouette clearer and clearer.

"Look who decided to show up." He said smirking. "I thought you were going to bail on me."

He took my hand to help me sit down on the edge of the dock, our feet hanging in the water. "I was going to, but then I decided to bless you with my company."

"Well it is a pleasure as always." He took the cigar out of his pocket and lit it. I already did not like the smell, but I assumed that I would get use to it. "Ladies first." He stated, passing it to me.

"Oh no, you have to go first." I said.

"Why are you scared?" He teased, nudging my arm.

"Um, no." I lied. "If it's terrible, I don't want to me the first to try it."

With a sigh, he put it up to his lips and took a deep breath in. He tried really hard to play it cool, but he started hacking. I tried really hard to contain my laughter, but I could not hold it in.

"Okay princess, you try it then." He said, struggling to speak normally.

"I don't want it now." I said, putting my hands up.

"You just have to do it once. Once won't kill you."

"I find that hard to believe." He gave me and look and I took it from him. "Fine." I took in a lot less, but it still felt like I was suffocating. I was coughing and gagging. We were laughing through it all though.

We ditched the cigar and sat in the hammock. We were facing each other and I slipped into my mind where there was a lot of fear and worry.

"You okay?" He asked, attempting to pull my closer to him.

"Okay, listen. I'm going to give you a pass."

"A pass?"

"You can stop this thing with me, what ever this thing is, right now and I won't shut you out and we can just be best friends like we use to be." I said.

"And why are you giving me this pass?" He questioned, looking me dead in the eye.

I look a deep breath and tried my hardest to get through it. "Because I don't want to pull you down. You are a really attractive guy who has a good heart and could get and girl you want. I don't think you gain anything from being with me. If you do keep that promise that we made, then I am just making you have a boring year because we live so far away from each other. So I am giving you this pass so if you are tired of me or bored of me, I can just accept it and we can just move on. " I was going to say more, but I knew I would either just ramble or not be able to talk any more. So I just put everything on the table and let him have the floor.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon May 16, 2016 5:19 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Blair dropped her head, her blonde hair shielding her face from me. I reached out to tuck it behind her ear but she was still finding it difficult to meet my gaze.

"Don't take this the wrong way or anything," I warned, "but I think that was the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard you say." Her cheeks flushed pink as I continued. "Look, B, I didn't make that promise because I felt obligated to or anything, I made it because I wanted to, you know?" I could feel my face beginning to heat up. It was a lot harder to find the right words when talking to Blair. "Here it is: I like you, Blair. As more than just my best friend so stop worrying, okay?"

She looked over at me with a small smile. "You sure?"

I nodded and pulled her closer to me. Blair wrapped her arm around my chest and rested her head on my shoulder as we rocked the hammock slightly. Mosquitoes buzzed in my ear and the ropes from the hammock were beginning to dig into my back but I didn't want to leave quite yet.

After falling asleep a few times, I woke up suddenly remembering where we were and a wave of panic crashed over me. The sun was already starting to rise above the tree line, it wouldn't be long before one of our family members came out to enjoy it or even just looked out the window while making breakfast.

"Blair!" I hissed, carefully shaking her awake. "Come on, B, we gotta go."

She mumbled incoherently in response but sat up and rubbed her eyes with her palms. "Do I smell like tobacco?"

I pressed my nose to her shoulder. There was a faint undertone of tobacco, but nothing so overwhelming that someone could smell it if she walked into the same room as them.

"Eh, just go straight into your room and change your clothes to be safe."

Blair sighed but she was smiling. I quickly kissed her cheek then watched as she headed back towards her house.

"Do you want to go into town today?" I called after her.

"I want to take a nap first!" She yelled back, laughing. I suppressed a yawn then walked up the steps to my front door.

I didn't get two feet into the house before Murphy came thundering into the room, barking madly. Desperately, I swatted at him to shut him up but my dad had already followed after him to see what the fuss was about.

"What are you doing up this early?" He asked, giving me a once over. I silently prayed that I didn't look like I had just slept outside on a hammock all night.

"I, uh," I chuckled. "Well, you don't make it easy to surprise you, dad."

He grabbed a mug out of the cabinet and held it under the coffee machine. "Trust me, Nik. You find new ways to surprise me all the time." The tone in his voice told me that he wasn't talking about any of the good kinds of surprises.

Murphy eagerly licked my calf. I shot him a look that could kill but he didn't seem to catch the hint. Damn tattle tale.

"Anyways," I grabbed a skillet and set it on the stove top. "I was going to make you and Mom breakfast."

Dad eyed me, rubbed his beard, then took a sip of his coffee. "Better get to work then." He winked. "I'm starving."

Mon May 16, 2016 8:09 pm
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

Senior year is kicking my butt. I had to quit volleyball, which makes me sad but it has been so overwhelming. I am still doing basketball and gymnastics though. My father made me join a contemporary dance class to "Improve my performances." I guess they have helped me loosen up a little, but I don't really enjoy them. I'm not bad at it, but it is just not my thing. I can positively say that it has improved certain parts of my body that I think you will enjoy :wink:. But if I get told one more time to loosen up or to have more confidence, I will beat someone up.

My dad has been driving me nuts. For one he added the dance class and it is just killing my body. I have told him that I do not want to do all of this anymore, but he is making me. He is controlling everything down to what I eat because wants me to do the Olympics so bad. I don't know if I want to even do that anymore. I'm just tired.

College is stressing me out. I have applied to many colleges, even some pretty close to you. I am just ready to be done with high school and we are not even half way through the year. I don't know what I want to do with my life. So many colleges are trying to get me to come on sports scholarships, which is good. I am just not that good at talking, so it's hard. I am also starting to worry more about moving somewhere. What if I make no friends and I stop talking again? I won't be around anyone. I just don't know.

I am so excited to see you Christmas break though. My entire family will be at the lake house for Christmas, but I am glad they will only be there for that day. So don't worry, you will get to see me a lot :). By the way, what do you want? I am horrible at getting gifts for people. And don't say I don't have to get you anything, because I am.

I'm so glad you got to come for winter break, we will have an amazing time like always.

With love,

Blair
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon May 23, 2016 7:22 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

Contemporary dance, huh? What makes it contemporary? Do you twerk or something? If so, I guess I could put aside some of my time and help you practice. I only have your best intentions at heart ;)

Every time you talk about your dad I get so irritated I almost rip your letter. Why does he do that shit to you? He needs to chill the fuck out. I wish I could help you but I don't know how. If you think of any ways, let me know. I can always throw a few punches if you want then we can drive off together into the sunset on my dirt bike. How does that sound?

I'm stressed about college too. I have no fucking clue what to do with my life. I'm sure you'll be fine when you go away. You can still write to me if you end up going somewhere far away. Even if you are far away we have the holidays so it's not like you'll never see my beautiful face or touch my perfectly chiseled body again.

Things at the bar haven't gotten any better. My dad even told me I should start looking for a job somewhere else. I think we might have to close it soon if things don't get better. My parents are still pretending things are okay for Liesel but she's not an idiot, she saw dad leave all dressed up last week for a job interview. R.I.P. Lucky's. Guess you weren't that lucky afterall.

Can't wait to see you for Christmas in a few weeks! Hmmm, what do I want?? Do I have to keep my wishlist clean? Just joking, B. Kinda. Uh, maybe some fuzzy dice for my dirt bike or a new bucket hat, I don't know. I'm sure I'll like anything you get me. Just being with you at Christmas will be enough for me.

-Klaus

Mon May 23, 2016 8:17 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

My brothers and I got to the lake a few hours earlier than my parents. We did not have enough car space, so we had to take thee cars. My brothers and me in one, my dad in the second and my mom in the third.

"I really hope Aunt Margret gets lost on the way here." Jordan said. "She still thinks I'm seven and gives me a Spiderman action figure every year."

We all got out of the car and started bringing the decorations and the food in. "Well at least she gets you some thing. I'm always the one she forgets." Matt sighed, carrying in a big box of ornaments.

"I promise that you can have my Spiderman toy this year if it would make you feel better." Jordan told him, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I better get a cat this year." I told them.

"The odds are not is your favor, B. With college rolling around, it is not likely." Seth started a fire in the fireplace to warm up the house because it was freezing. "I think this is the first time we have ever used this." Seth said.

"It is, so try not to burn the house down." I told him, smiling. I started unloading the food into the cabinets and refrigerator. "I hope dad actually lets me eat this food."

Austin came into the kitchen and sat on the counter. "Is everything getting better with that now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I finally got myself back to a healthy body weight again. He cut too much the first time and I got really sick. Mom stepped in and took care of it. I think she is finally realize how insane he was getting and she is trying to help me quit." I told him, putting this last bit of food away.

Austin sighed. "I'm sorry i'm not around much to help."

"It's getting better. I think he understands not that if I don't eat enough, I can't train. So he is going to let me eat." I said. "I'm just very sick of him."

On that cue, he walked into the house and my mother pulled into the driveway.

We started putting decorations up and cleaning the house for the relatives that would arrive in a few days. I was happy that Seth started a fire, because I hated the cold. I also had to put on another sweater because I could not stop shivering.

I kept texting Klaus, wanting to know how far away he was. It was honestly killing me. I always found an excuse to look our the window to see if there was a car in the drive way.

To: Klaus
Hurry up, I want to see you!

I know, your heart is longing for me. Don't worry, I want to see you too.

How far out are you?

About an hour :?

Are you trying to break my heart? I am literally just standing under the mistletoe all alone.

Well, I will try to get them to hurry. To save you from your loneliness of course :wink:

I smile and put my phone down and started helping more, but I still found myself looking out the window.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:00 pm
thelostone says...

Klaus

When we got to the lake house dusk was rapidly approaching, but the clock in the kitchen assured me it was only a few minutes after five. I stole a quick glance out the window while helping carry all the luggage inside to see if anything particularly interesting was happening over at Blair's house, though nothing was. I was itching to get over to see her.

By the time everything had been moved in, Mom called for a mandatory family dinner so I wasn't able to get around to meeting Blair until much later than I had wanted to. Mom shot Dad a look after I told them I was going over, a look that non-verbally communicated her wish to have me just go to bed and visit Blair in the morning, but Dad, being the sensible more compliant parent, simply told me to be home before ten.

I rushed over to Blair's house, almost forgetting that for the first time ever I'd need a jacket to go out at the lake house, and rapped on her window pane until her face appeared.

"Hi," she smiled. "I was wondering when I was going to get to see you."

"How would you feel about some night time sledding?"

Her smile broke into a grin as she nodded. "I think that'd be super fun. Just give me five minutes, okay?"

She shut the window and fumbled around inside gathering her winter clothes then met me outside a few minutes later holding two circular plastic sleds. Blair handed one to me.

"Wanna race?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"You're on," Blair said as we both sat down in our sleds on top of the slight slope that led down to the lake at the bottom. "Ready? GO!"

She pushed off before I did but I desperately tried to catch up with her. The cold air whipped my skin while I flew down the hill, clutching the edges of my sled harder than I probably needed to. I could see a mass of blonde hair in front of me and she laughed as we skidded to a stop just before we hit the lake.

"I win," she said breathlessly, patting her hair back down.

I pressed my lips together. "I'm pretty sure you cheated."

"I did not cheat! I won fair and square, you sore loser."

Rolling my eyes, I jogged over and tackled her into the snow. She giggled then placed her mittens on my cheeks and pulled my face down to hers so she could kiss me.

"Come on," she said after she pulled away. "Let's make snow angels."

I laid next to her and flapped my arms and legs until I could feel the damp grass beneath the snow. Next to me, Blair did the same. When we were finished, we were too tired to stand so we stayed on the ground, staring up at the stars.

"If the world went to shit and everything we know now is gone, this is what I would miss most," I said. "Looking up at the stars with you."

"You could probably still look at the stars," she murmured, reaching over to take my hand. "Unless the universe as a whole imploded. But I'd miss it too, and our summers together."

I looked over at Blair, who was still looking up at the stars, and smiled to myself. Snow flakes had fallen into her eyebrows and her cheeks were red from the cold but if anything, it just added to her beauty.

"I'm glad I met you, B."

"I'm glad I met you, too."

Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:14 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

It was Christmas eve and my family was piling in. I kept trying to slip away, but Aunt Margret kept catching me and making me do things for her. I helped her knit my mother Christmas present and wrapped my brother's action figure and countless other things by the time my other family members got to the lake house. There was no chance of getting away now.

Jordan got his guitar out at some point in the evening and we were singing Christmas carols. Then Aunt Margret got the idea to go Christmas caroling. Singing is the something that I can confidentially say that I horrible at. I suck, like a lot. I tried to point my large family in the other direction, but they head straight towards Klaus's house. When my brothers caught on that I did not want to go that way, they were eager to embarrass me.

We knocked on their door and they came to the door. Klaus smirked at me, knowing I was not exactly happy to be there.

"Blair, why don't you come to the front. You do know this family the best. I am sure they will want to hear you sing." Austin said.

My face grew red and I sighed. "Oh it's fine, I can stay back here." I mumbled.

"Come on, Blair. Spread the Christmas cheer." Seth said, pulling me to the front next to him.

I crossed my arms across my chest. Klaus was all ears. He was not going to let this one go. We started singing Deck the Halls and I was mumbling, trying not to be heard. That did not fly though. Austin stopped my family though because I was not singing loud enough and we had to start again. I sang loud enough to be heard and Klaus was struggling hard not to laugh.

When the song was over, the family clapped and Klaus was still laughing. I smiled at him and walked away quickly. We sang at a few more houses but then it was too cold to keep going. Most of my family left later that night. Aunt Margret and my grandparents on my mothers side stayed the night though.

Klaus came to my room that night through the unlocked window while I was sitting in my bed. "What a beautiful performance." He said, laughing.

I rolled my eyes, closing my book. "I know, it was terrible." I said.

"I thought it was cute." He told me, plopping down on the bed. "It's reassuring to know that you are human. I like knowing the things you aren't good at. " He said.

I sat up and looked at him. "Thank you." I told him.

"For what?" he asked, propping up is head to look at me.

"Some times I forget that everyone is not like my dad or Matt." I started. "I forget that people can like my imperfections too. It's hard to know that when it feels like you are only loved for the things you are good at." I crossed my legs and looked down at my thumbs.

He sat up and took my hand. "Well, B. I want to make it clear that I don't like you because you are great a basketball or have a huge chance at going to the Olympics for gymnastics. I like you because you love to look at the stars, you get excited over the smallest things and because you are terrible at singing. The things you are good at don't make you who you are."

I smile at him and kiss his cheek. I looked over at the clock and smiled when I saw that it was twelve. "Merry Christmas, Klaus."

"Merry Christmas, B." He said, leaning into kiss. I took in that moment, knowing that he would have to leave soon.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:29 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"Niky! Niky!" Liesel yelled, bursting into my room and wrenching the blankets off my bed. I groaned, rolling back over. "Come on, wake up! It's Christmas." When I didn't move she leaned over dangerously close to my face. Her red coils brushed my cheeks. "Get up so I can open my presents or I'll swap out your shampoo for Nair."

I eyed her as if I were going to call her bluff but deep inside I knew there was no bluff to call so I sat up and defensively ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm up, I'm up."

"Good." She flashed me a smile then skipped out of my room but paused in the doorway to add, "You have two minutes to get downstairs."

I stumbled as I pulled on my plaid pajama pants and wrestled a shirt over my head then groggily made my way downstairs. My parents and Liesel were sitting around the world's smallest Christmas tree in their pajamas too. Mom was nursing a rather large cup of coffee while Dad fumbled with the paper star on top of the two foot tall plastic tree sitting on the coffee table.

"He's here!" Liesel clapped her hands together. "Let's get started!"

Mom kissed my forehead once I sat down and Dad handed us all a nicely wrapped present. We spent the morning ripping through wrapping paper and laughing when Murphy trotted around with four bows stuck to his back. Liesel got new art supplies, a sweater with a dog that looked just like Murphy on it, and a few other items I lost track of. Mom had gotten Dad new steins to add to his collection and in turn he got her a bracelet with mine and Liesel's names in little heart shaped dangly things.

Liesel and I had both pitched in to get them a new plug in griddle and they seemed fairly delighted when they opened it. I mostly got clothes but I also got a new lacrosse stick and some money to use towards fixing up my bike.

In the middle of breakfast, Blair knocked on the sliding glass door while precariously balancing a bundle of presents in her hands.

"Good morning," she chirped when my dad let her in. "And Merry Christmas!"

"Aw, B," I said, getting up from the table. "You didn't have to get me all these presents."

She rolled her eyes but smiled. "They aren't all for you." She handed the top box to Liesel and another box to my Mom. "These are from my family to yours."

"That's so sweet of you, Blair." My mom cooed. "Why don't you invite them over for a nice dinner with us later? Hans makes the best Christmas ham and I was thinking of making some cranberry relish, Liesel loves it, and-"

I grabbed Blair's hand and pulled her towards the stairs before my mom talked her ears off.

"Yeah, that sounds great!" She called over the railing as we headed towards my room. "Thanks for the invite!"

I closed the door behind me then rummaged through my drawers until I found the present I was looking for.

"It's, uh, it's badly wrapped and kinda cheesy but-" I rubbed the back of my neck as she began to open it. She carefully held the homemade book held together with binder rings and flipped through the pages. "It's just a bunch of memories I wrote down and some pictures from when we were younger, I think our swear list is in there too. I know it's kinda lame but my mom thought you'd like it and she helped me put it together-"

Blair set down the book and flung herself into my arms, burying her face in the crook of my neck. "I love it," she whispered. "Thank you." I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her closely. My lips turned up into a grin that spread warmth all the way down to my toes.

"You're welcome. Merry Christmas, B."

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:23 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I looked at the book for a little bit. We both laughed, pointing at the swear list and other memories. Once we closed the book, I handed him his present in the bag. "Now you might be a little disappointed in this." I said as he opened it. "Because it's basically the same thing." he opened the little scrap book of pictures. "There are different pictures though, so I guess it is still a little different."

He smiled as he looked through it. "It's great, B." He said, kissing my cheek.

I pointed to a picture on the page. "Remember that? That's when you surprised me at my basketball game."

"It's a good thing you guys won that day, or that would have been embarrassing." He told me.

--

Christmas dinner rolled around. I got to show Klaus my new cat, Luna. "Look at her! Isn't she great." I said. Liesel loved her. Surprisingly, Luna and Murphy got along, so I didn't have to take Luna back to the house.

Aunt Margret sat next to me, so I knew she was going to talk my head off. "Oh, my. Blair, is this that Klaus boy your mother was talking about?" She asked.

I nodded, taking a bite of the ham.

"Oh, he is just so handsome. I don't think it is a coincidence that he moved next door. I think that is destiny." She said, in a very over dramatic way, causing my dad to choke on the ham.

"They are just friends, Margret. Blair does not have time to worry about that." My dad said.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at my plate. "Travis, you can't control her fate. That's not how it works. Anyway, it is good to meet you Klaus. Blair failed to mention how handsome you are."

"Oh, did she now?" He said, wondering how much he could get out of her.

"I must have forgotten." I said, smirking.

He shoved my leg, playfully under the table. "What did she mention, if she did not mention my good looks?" He asked her.

Before she could answer, I interrupted her. "Oh, I just told her that we were great friends." I said quickly. I eyed him, hoping he would get the hint to change the subject. If my aunt repeated anything I said, which was not even much at all, my dad would be suspicious. My aunt had a way of twisting your words around to make her stories sound juicy.

He got the hint and the rest of the dinner was lovely. My dad calmed down once he got a little alcohol in his system. Everyone was talking about how lovely the holidays were. Our parents also talking about shooting off fireworks on new years eve. I was helping Klaus clean off the table, when everyone was done eating. My family when home and Klaus's family retired up stairs.

"So what did you tell your aunt?" He asked me, carrying the plates into the kitchen.

I smiled and started folding the table cloth. "Nothing really. I told her that we were really close and I enjoyed spending time with you."

"Then why were you worried about what she would say?"

"Well, she is all into star charts, weird witching magic stuff. She told me that she thought we were written in the stars and that we had a connection. If she said that out loud, my dad would have freaked out." I told him. "I think she just makes it up to mess with him."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:39 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

The few days between Christmas and New Year's Eve were pretty uneventful. Blair had been sucked into spending most of her time with her family but she had promised me that we could spend New Year's Eve together so I found myself waiting for each day until then to be over with.

When the day finally came, I was itching with excitement until Mom called me down from my room the morning of. As soon as I saw Liesel lacing up her ice skates at the kitchen table I knew what was coming. Mom never let Liesel ice skate by herself.

"Niky, will you please take Liesel down to the lake and watch her?" She asked, taking a biscuit and wrapping it in a napkin then handing it to me. "Your father and I are going out to run a few errands."

"But I'm supposed to be spending the day with Blair," I protested but took the biscuit she offered. "I already told you and Dad that we were going to go into town today."

Liesel looked up from her skates. "You can invite her to come ice skate with us. Don't worry I'll skate with my back towards you two so you can still make out."

I scoffed in an attempt to mask the deep blush in my cheeks. "We're just friends." I turned to my mom. "Really, just friends."

"I know," She laughed then pointed a finger at Liesel. "Don't tease your brother."

Blair joined us down at the edge of the dock with a pair of ice skates in her hand. She sat down next to me as Liesel ventured out onto the cleared off section of ice.

"I hope she falls through." I muttered.

"Klaus!" Blair giggled, swatting my shoulder. "That's an awful thing to say."

I shrugged. "I only meant a little bit of it. I'm sorry we couldn't go into town today."

"It's fine. I like ice skating anyway." She bent over to put on her skates then looked back at me. "Where are yours?"

"I, uh, I'm not a big ice skater," I rubbed the back of my neck with my mittened hands. "I'm more of just an ice walker." Carefully, I put one boot on the ice then the other and slowly stood up with my arms splayed out in hopes it would help me keep my balance. "This is about as much as I can do on ice."

Blair stepped onto the frozen lake and grabbed my hands then started pulling me into the middle where Liesel was skating in long figure eights. "See?" She grinned at the stressed expression on my face. "Isn't this fun?"

"This is terrifying."

After I got a little more comfortable on the ice I was able to glide across a foot or so if I ran and then slid on my boots but Liesel and Blair were obviously the much better ice skaters and it wasn't just because they had skates and I didn't. We started to get hungry so I ushered Liesel up to the house but took my time walking Blair back to hers.

"You're going to come over after dinner, right?" She asked as we neared her front door. "We can all watch the ball drop together."

"Yeah, of course." I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as best I could with my mittens on. "Liesel knows, by the way."

"Knows what?"

"About us." I sighed. "I don't know how and I deny it every time she brings it up but she knows."

"Well maybe," Blair said quietly with a smirk, "you're not as discrete and secretive as you may think you are."

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:05 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

I spent nearly the rest of the say taking many hot baths or sitting by the fire with Luna because of how cold it was. Klaus had to watch Liesel until his parents got back and my parents we forcing me to help clean up Christmas decorations. Luna kept knocking the tree ornaments down off the tree as I was trying to put all the decoration in the box.

"Thank you, Luna." I told her. She then started climbing up my pant leg, so I grabbed her and set her on my shoulder.

Looking out the window, I look at Klaus's house and was a little disappointed that our day was ruined. I was looking forward to him coming over tonight to see the ball drop. My dad then spoiled my excitement when he told me that he wanted us all to watch the ball drop together.

"Can Klaus come over still?" I asked. Ever since my aunt came and met Klaus, dad like me spending a lot of time with Klaus. He sighed and started unloading his grocery bags he got for tonight. "Please."

"I suppose it's fine." He said, taking the champagne flutes out of the cabinets.

I got out my phone to text Klaus.
Well, we will be watching the ball drop with my whole family.

After a few seconds, he replied. I could tell that he was a bit frustrated.

Today is just not working out in our favor and we will be leaving in a few days.

Hours past and midnight was fast approaching. Klaus's family came over and my parents, Seth and Austin were sipping on champagne. Klaus and I sat next to each other on the couch that faced the TV. He coved us up with a blanket, grabbing my hand under it so no one would see.

The ball was about to drop. "FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE!" We all yelled. The camera was panning over to all the couples kissing each other. Klaus and I caught each others eyes and sighed. He leaned in a kissed my cheek. Luckily that did not make anyone pounce at him. Liesel on the other hand was upset with Klaus that it was only on the cheek. At least someone was not against us.

We all retired to our rooms and I said goodbye to Klaus. I changed into warm pajamas and sat in bed. But before I even got to lay down, Klaus was coming through the windows. "Hey." He said quietly, closing the window behind him.

"Hi." I said to him. "I did not think you would come tonight."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. "Of course I did. Today was suppose to be our day and, by my standards and wants, that was not good enough."

I smiled at him. "I agree." I told him. I leaned on his shoulder for a moment.

He pulled my chin lightly up, so I was looking at him. "Everyone should have a proper midnight kiss." Then he leaned in and kissed me very sweetly.

We both pulled away and smiled at each other. "That was much better." I told him. After sitting and just talking for a while, he left after kissing me goodnight.

"Happy new years." He told me over at the window.

I smiled at him, a warm feeling in my chest. "Happy New Years. I will see you tomorrow." He jumped back in, stole one more kiss and then went back out the window.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:43 am
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

Senior prom is coming up soon at my school. Is it soon at yours? I wish I could take you as my date, I bet you look fantastic in formal wear. Of course, that's not the only reason why though. Just in case you're wondering, which I bet you are, I also look stunning in formal wear. Have I ever told you I'm a bow tie kind of guy? I will be sporting a royal purple bow tie to my senior prom which I will be attending stag and wishing you were with me. Has anyone asked you to your prom? I'm sure you have loads of boys nervous to ask you.

It's crazy that we will be graduating soon. Remember when we were little and used to make forts in your house and watch movies in them? Or when we made that swear list? We used to think butthole was the worst word there was! I think I still have that somewhere at the lake house. Do you ever wish you could go back? To when we were younger, I mean. We had so much fun back then. Not that we don't have fun now, but it's just different. We don't dig for earth worms anymore.

I miss you a lot. I know I saw you over Christmas break but still. Fuck, what are we going to do when we're in college? Well, I guess it won't be too different, we hardly see each other now. Speaking of college, have you applied anywhere? Mom keeps pestering me about it but I haven't yet. I'm thinking about taking a gap year. Not because I'm totally against going straight into college but because the bar is closed now and I don't think my parents have enough money to help me out right now with tuition. I'd never tell them I know that, though. I've got some saved from when I worked at the bar but another year of work would help out a lot more and maybe by then my parents will have some saved too.

Damn, this is a sad nostalgic kind of letter. I didn't mean for it to be, it just kinda happened. I guess I've been doing a lot of thinking recently. I'd probably kill a man to know what you're thinking most of the time. It's probably all about me, right? I bet you picture me naked all the time, you dirty dirty girl. I'm just kidding (kinda) but I would think it'd be cool to know what's in your head. I feel like sometimes you don't tell me everything. That's okay, though, everyone's allowed their share of secrets.

-Klaus

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:42 pm
TaylorLove says...

Klaus,

My secrets, huh? Honestly, I've been feeling very scared, lately. College is terrifying. I have applied so many places but have not heard back yet. I am worried about meeting new people. With you, I feel like I can talk freely because I am very comfortable around you, but I don't feel that way with many other people. I just don't want to be that girl that doesn't talk anymore.

I'm also afraid of losing you. (Prepare for the sappinees that is about to happen.) I know we have talked about this before, but I'm just worried that one day all this won't be enough. I'm worried that we will lose contact and you will forget about me. I know we cant see each other that often before we live pretty far away from each other, but still. It sucks. I'm just worried we are going to be stuck in the same place for so long that it just might fall apart. I just care about you a lot and I don't want to lose you.

I told you that part was sappy. Anyway, yeah my prom is coming up. I still don't understand why you think that guys want to ask me. Guys literally don't know I exist. i mean, you probably would not notice me if you went to my school and we did not have the lake house. I am going because my friends are making me. I don't really want to go, but I am trying to experience this thing called 'being a teenager.'

I haven't told my dad about my plan to quite everything when I get to college. I think I am going to still do basket ball to help pay for college. There is nothing wrong with taking a gap year. I think it is good that you are thinking about your parents. Playing basket ball is the way I am going to take care of mine.

I miss you, too. Probably more than you know. I do try to share things with you. Don't worry, I don't have too many Skeltons in the closet.

With losts of love,

Blair

P.S Matt is not coming during the summer, he will be in Spain! Thank goodness. He had been driving me nuts. I think Jordan is going to invite one of his friends. I am not really sure.
-Winnie the Pooh

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri