z

Young Writers Society

thelostone and Taylorlove

Reviews: 4
Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:30 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

I know we have phones and computers and all these fancy gadgets now that we can communicate/see each other with, but writing letters has grown on me. It feels weird to abandon it now. Besides, I think it's better because it's more personal when someone writes it and it's nice to know that someone cares enough to take an hour or so out of their day to write to you. So here's your letter, B. It's gonna be a little shorter because I've already told you a lot about what has happened when we text, but there are a few things I didn't mention....

I miss you a lot, but you probably already know that. I hope you're keeping your promise. I know you must have guys kissing the ground you walk on and it's hard to turn them down. I just want you to know that I'm keeping up my end.

So spring break is coming up and so is the big fair/festival thing that happens each spring by the lake. I was thinking maybe we could both spend spring break at the lake this year, if you wanted to and didn't already have plans. I talked to my parents and they said they'd think about it which means yes basically. It'd be fun and we would be able to see each other.

Oh and I also got that dirt bike I wanted. I mean it's no big deal or anything, but it's just the only thing I've wanted for the past year and a half. I was joking, it is a big deal. The thing is though, that I couldn't wait long enough to save up for the super cool ass one that I wanted so I bought a cheaper used one instead, but it's still a dirt bike! I just have to spend a lot of time trying to get it to work again. I think I almost got it. I could bring it up to the lake on break and give you a ride.

Please please talk to your parents about the break plans. I really want to see you, B. It would be so much fun!

-Klaus
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:59 pm
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

Well I am very happy that you care enough to write a letter to me. It is very sweet. Who knew you could be sweet? I am kidding, I knew it all along. But don't worry, I will keep your secret. It would be ashamed to give it up now. We have done this since we were so little. It is nice to add another letter to the collection. I found the first one you wrote to me. You had such "wonderful" penmanship.

I asked my parents about going to the lake with you. They said yes! I am so excited that I get to see you. It feels like forever since I have seen you and I cannot wait until summer to see you. Also I have never been to a fair, so you will have to show me the ropes. I hope you are not scared of riding any of the rides, because I want the whole experience.

I have been holding up my end of the promise. I don't know how you see me, but guys do not worship the ground I walk on, so have no fear. I appreciate that you have held up your end of the promise. That makes me feel better.

I miss you, a lot and I am so happy that I will get to see you soon.
Last edited by TaylorLove on Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Spring Break 15-16

There was a knock at my bedroom door as I was unpacking my suitcase. Liesel bounded into the room with Murphy in her arms, grinning.

"Someone wanted to see you," she said slyly. For a moment, I thought she was talking about the dog but Liesel moved aside and Blair walked in with a shy smile on her face.

"Blair," I breathed as I hugged her tightly, pressing my nose into her hair. I missed the way it smelled like lilacs.

"Hi," she giggled, kissing my cheek.

I let her go and saw Liesel studying us out of the corner of my eye. I made a mental note not to do anything that a friend wouldn't do while she was still in the room.

"I thought you said you were half an hour out?" I said, sheepishly shoving everything into my drawers.

"Yeah, I lied." Blair handed me a shirt that had fallen on the ground. "I wanted to surprise you."

I glanced over at Liesel and tilted my head towards the door, a signal that if she didn't leave on her own in the next few seconds, I'd drag her out by her earlobes. She huffed, but got the message and shut the door behind her.

Taking advantage of the privacy we had, I quickly dropped all the clothes I was holding and pulled Blair gently into me.

"I missed you," I said, leaving little kisses on the crook of her neck and along her jawline. She shuddered slightly and took in a shattered breath.

"I missed you too." She took my face in her hands and pressed her lips to mine sweetly. "The fair starts soon, I should probably go back home and get ready so I don't look like I've been in the car all day."

"Well, I think you look great all the time," I said, smiling. She began to pull away but I stuck out my lower lip. "Do you have to get ready now? Can't you stay for a few more minutes?"

"Klaus, I'll see you in twenty minutes!" She laughed but kissed me one last time before leaving.

After she got dressed I met her out front. Liesel and two of Blair's brothers were going with us so I had to refrain from reaching out for Blair's hand as we sat in the back of her brother's car. The ride into town wasn't long, but it felt longer because of the sheer amount of questions her brothers bombarded me with. Blair laughed and told them to stop, but they didn't listen to her although I wished they had.

"I'm sorry about the interrogation." Blair said as we got out of the car. "They're just super protective."

"Yeah, I know," I chuckled. The sun had begun to go down and the lights of the fair were brighter than ever. Liesel could hardly contain her excitement as we walked towards it.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:14 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Spring Break 15-16

After buying our wrist bands, we started to explore the fair. There were rides and many tents set up where you would win games. Music was blaring and the smell of popcorn and funnel cakes blazed through the air.

Jordan and Seth stopped us in the middle. "Okay, we are going to meet back here in about two hours, so text me if anything happens?" Seth said. He was so protective.

"Okay, see you later." I said, waving to them as they left. Liesel decided to tag along with them. I guess they were going on a ride she wanted to go on.

When they were out of sight, Klaus grabbed my hand. I smiled at him and kiss his cheek. "We have a lot of catching up to do." Klaus said as we walked over to a ride with swings. We got into the seats for two and locked ourselves in.

"What does this do?" I said, asking about the ride.

"I guess you are about to find out." He winked, putting his arm around me. "Have things gotten any better with your dad?"

I shook my head. "Can we not talk about this today? I just want to spend time with you." I said.

He nodded, kissing my forehead. "I can do that."

After a man went around checking our seats the ride started and we were lifted into the air. It spun us around, circle after circle. Klaus was telling horrible jokes the whole time and I was laughing uncontrollably.

When that ride was over we went to the Ferris wheel. "You know I have never been on one of these." I told him.

"You are kidding." He said, looking at me like I am crazy. When I shook my head, he practically dragged me over to the ride. "You are about to be swept off your feet. This is basically romance 101."

"Well, Mr. Klaus please teach me, I am dying to know." I said, laughing.

He whispered to the man controlling the ride before we got on and then we got on. Before I could even asked, he started his 'lesson.'

"First, the guy, me, has to help the girl, you, onto the ride." He said, helping me into the seat and sitting next to me. "Then he will kiss her on the cheek when he buckles them in." He said, doing so.

The ride began to go, circling round and round. All of a sudden, the ride stopped and we were just sitting at the top.

"Then, when they when they get to the top of the Ferris wheel, they kiss passionately..... for a long time." He said, putting his hand on the side of my face.

I smiled and let him kiss me. I moved my body, so I was turned towards him. We kissed until the ride started moving again. We were out of breath and took that time to catch our breaths as we rode it to the bottom.

"And that is romance 101." He said, helping me out.

"Well I am glad you are the expert." I said, blushing pretty hard.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:55 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Spring Break 15-16

The two allotted hours at the fair blew by too quickly. One minute we were on the Ferris wheel and the next, Blair's phone was getting blown up because we weren't at the meeting spot exactly two hours from when we said we'd be. I didn't mind too much, though, because I was getting hungry and the food at the fair had always made me sick later. I only had a few days at the lake and I wasn't going to waste it being sick. My dirt bike was also back at the house and I hadn't gotten the chance to show Blair yet.

"Okay, now don't judge it too hard," I said hesitantly as I stood in front of my tarp covered bike. "Like I said, it's only new to me so it's got some years on it but it still works for the most part."

"For the most part?" Blair laughed skeptically. "And you want me to go on it with you?" She pulled at the neckline of the sweatshirt she was wearing. "I'm hot, why did you tell me to wear this?"

"In case we fall off," I said simply. "If you're wearing long sleeves and pants then you'll get less road rash." I saw her panicked expression and tried to console her. "It'll be totally fine. I think." Blair's eyes widened. "Kidding!" I laughed even though I wasn't entirely joking. For dramatic effect, I counted down before yanking off the tarp.

"Ta-da!" I shook my hands vigorously and beamed proudly. "I think I should name her, you know like how all the nice cars have names."

She raised her eyebrows and pretended to be very impressed by the bike but I could tell that she was still apprehensive about riding it. "It's very cool, Klaus."

"I promise you, B, that it's safe to ride." I grabbed the two helmets off of the ground beside my bike and handed her one. "I'm not going to be a dick and make you come with me, but I'd really like it if you did." I stuck out my lower lip and flashed her major puppy eyes. "I mean you do trust me, don't you?"

Blair grinned, shaking her head briefly then taking the helmet. "Of course I trust you. So how do I buckle this thing?" I beamed and took the strap from her hands, helping her fasten the helmet.

I put mine on then rolled my bike out into the driveway, kick starting the bike. "Come on then, hop on."

She chewed on her lip but sat on the back end of the bike. "Are you sure two people can ride on this?"

"Yeah, yeah," I assured her. "You'll just want to hang on tight."

She wrapped her arms around my waist and let out a small shriek when I started the bike but it quickly turned into laughter once we started down the dirt road. I was still having trouble with the clutch so the bike jerked a lot. Blair eased up on her death grip only slightly as she got used to the feel of the bike.

Halfway towards town I decided it'd be best to turn around and head home since more cars would be on the road the closer we got to town. I let off the gas though while attempting to turn around and the engine cut out. When I went to start it again, it didn't work and I started to panic.

"Is everything okay?" Blair peeked her head around my shoulder.

"Uh," I laughed nervously. "I don't really know. Remember when I said it works for the most part? This is why it's only for the most part."

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:09 pm
TaylorLove says...

Blair
spring break 15-16

I bit my lip and tried not to laugh. I could see that he was worried and a little angry, but something about it was just so funny. Then, I lost it. I started laughing so hard and Klaus got mad.

"I am so sorry, I'm sorry." I said, taking his hand.

"I am going to see if it is flooded." He said, walking over to the bike.

I tilted my head. "Flooded?" He was about to explain, but I stopped him. "Never mind." I said.

He went over to the bike and I sat down on the side of the road. There was a little flower patch in a grassy area. He came over and sat down next to me.

"It's flooded. It should be able to run in thirty minutes." He said. "So I guess you will just have to spend a little longer with me." He leaned back onto the grass and I laid my head on his chest and looked up at the sky.

"That is perfectly fine with me." I told him. I started picking up flowers and threading them together. "We only have a few days left you know."

"Yeah, I know." He said, taking some flowers and doing the same.

"Does our promise still stand?" I ask, keeping my attention focused on the chain of flowers I was holding.

He took his hand and moved my face to look at him. "Of course it still stands."

I smile at him and look back at the chain. "Good."

He finished his chain and wrapped it around my wrist. "There you are my lady, a token of my sincere affections."

"Oh it is quite beautiful. I shall never take it off." I say sitting up. "You should go check your bike, it's getting late."

"You don't want to stay here with me until morning?" He asked, getting up and brushing the grass off of him.

"My parents would send out a missing persons report and worse... my brother." I told him.

"Well we better start walking then. It won't start." he said, sighing.

I stand up and walk over to him. "It's fine, Klaus." I told him. "Plus, we all know you probably did it just so you could spend more time with me."

"Is that right?" He asked, smirking.

I nod. "Yes, it is."

We began the walk back to the house. I took the sweatshirt off since we would not be riding anymore and it was super hot. "Are you going to give that back to me?" Klaus asked.

"Nope, it's mind now." I told him.

"You can put it in your shrine to me."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay Klaus."
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:55 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"I want to go home." Liesel scowled while she stabbed at the chicken on her plate. "There's nothing to do here in the spring. The water's too cold, no one's here, and my friends are back home."

I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. My parents exchanged glances before they spoke.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, honey." Mom said. "Next year we'll stay home for spring break."

If possible, Liesel pouted even more. "Can't we go home early?"

"Can't you stop complaining?" I retorted, keeping my head down to avoid any glares from my parents.

"We're not going home early, Liesel." Dad said sternly. "Tomorrow I can take you into town though, if you'd like."

"Tomorrow I need you to help me with my bike," I interjected. "Have Mom take her."

Mom's face wrinkled with concern. "Hans, I knew he shouldn't have bought that cheap bike. If he had been more patient and saved more, he wouldn't have so many problems with it. I don't want him to be riding an unsafe bike. What if it breaks while he's riding it?"

Dad sighed. "I'll make sure it doesn't. Surely we can fix it together."

I nodded and quickly excused myself from the table before Mom could protest my bike any further. I waited a few hours until I was sure my parents were asleep before I crept down the stairs and out the back porch. I pulled out my phone and called Blair. She didn't answer the first time so I hung up and called her again.

"Klaus, it's past midnight," she said groggily into the phone. "I'm trying to sleep."

"Aw come on, B. Let's have some fun, we only have a few more days left. Do you want to go for a swim?"

"Right now?"

"Yes, right now. I'm already down by the dock. Be here in five or I'll come drag you out of bed myself!" I hung up and set my phone where it wouldn't be damaged by the water. I tugged off my shirt and the cold air nipped at my skin. It wasn't as warm as I had anticipated it to be.

"It's freezing," Blair hissed as she walked towards me with a towel pulled tight around her shoulders. "We can't swim, it's too cold."

I shook my head and carefully pried the towel from her hands. "Nah, we'll be alright. Besides, people dive into freezing water all the time. Ever heard of the polar plunge?"

She laughed. "People do that for charity not for fun!"

I sighed and stuck out my lower lip. Blair hesitantly took my hand and we walked towards the edge of the dock.

"On three," I said, grinning.

"I don't know about this, Klaus."

"One," I gripped her hand tighter, trying to ignore the cold. "Two, three!" I jumped into the water, pulling Blair with me. When I hit the lake it almost felt as if I had hit a brick wall. The air seemed to leave my lungs and didn't know how to return.

We both came up gasping, sputtering, and shivering. "Okay," I admitted through chattering teeth. "Maybe this was a bad idea."

"No shit!" She cried with a smile on her face as she splashed me with more ice cold water.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 pm
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

Can you believe we will be seeing each other again so soon? I am glad that we got to see each other over spring break. I still miss you though and you better miss me.

I am the captain of the basketball team now! Well, I will be next season. I am actually really excited to be team captain. The coach thinks that I can break a lot of the records this year. He has a lot of expectations for me. I just hope my dad does not find out, or he will drill me to death.

Things are actually going well for the time being. I am trying to talk a little more. That has been the only difficult. I still would rather talk to no one and just keep to myself, but I know if I do that I will hate being anywhere. So I am trying. It would be a whole lot easier if you were here.

Matt is going to a university in Florida. He sent in his letter saying that he wanted to go there a week ago. I am pretty bummed out about it. I will not get to see him as much anymore. Seth is traveling in Europe. He said I could come visit him, but I told him I had to go to the lake. I know you would hate it if I was not there, so I was just thinking of you :)

I miss you

Blair
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:10 pm
thelostone says...

Dear Blair,

I'm glad you're captain now! I'm sure you'll do great! I wish you didn't have to keep it from your dad, though. It doesn't seem fair of him to make you feel like you have to hide things from him. I'm also glad that you are finding it easier to talk more. I know it'd be better if I were there. Everything's better when I'm there.

Florida has good schools. I know you won't be able to see Matt as much, but at least when you do you'll be able to visit him in Florida. It's nice and warm so that'll be fun. How long is Seth staying in Europe? Any chance he's visiting Germany? Tell him he should visit Cologne. It's a really cool city with cool looking buildings and there's lots of stuff to do there.

I'm very glad you're still coming to the lake. I don't really know what I'd do if you weren't. Man, you must really love me if you're turning down a trip to Europe to see me. I'll make it worth your while, don't you worry, B.

My dad and I fixed up my bike. Well, kinda. We tried to fix it but then it broke again so we had to take it to the shop. It should be all good to go now so no more getting stranded halfway into town. Liesel even rode with me once. I took her over some dirt roads and we hit a bump and you should've heard her scream. It was like a fucking squealing pig or something.

The bar hasn't been doing well recently. My parents are trying to hide it from us but I overheard them talking one night when I was supposed to be upstairs. They also docked my pay but I don't mind much since it saves us money.

Can't wait to see you soon.
-Klaus

P.s. Love you too.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:45 pm
TaylorLove says...

Dear Klaus,

I am sorry about your bar, I hope it will get better soon. I really hope that you can get another job. You should tell your parents that you know. It might take some pressure off of them.

School is terrible. I hate it, like I terribly hate it. Everything is okay with the talking, but I am just so tired. Imagine how it's going to be when we are seniors. It will basically be hell. I am trying not to get lazy, but it is not really working.

My brother is not visiting Germany sadly. He is visiting Spain and England. I am looking forward to seeing him soon. He has been gone for a while now and I miss him. But we should go that Cologne together. Now that would be fun.

You better make this summer a summer to remember, but then again you always do. I miss you like I miss my brother, maybe a little more. Don't tell him that though, he will kill you. I will do my best to keep it secret.

With love,

Blair
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:02 am
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 16

I anxiously tapped my feet beneath the table. The sun was beginning to set and Blair still hadn't arrived yet. Across the table Liesel looked up from her bowl of melting ice cream and scowled.

"Stop, that's annoying," she snapped, kicking my leg just hard enough to leave a bruise tomorrow. While I had the intense urge to kick her back harder, I subsided it.

"Do you ever think about what your life will turn out like if you keep letting other people bother you?" I asked somewhat jokingly. "I can see it now. You'll be all alone in a small cottage in the middle of nowhere because people annoy you and you couldn't stand to be around them. You don't even have cats because the way they lick their fur annoyed you."

"Klaus," Dad warned from the living room. His tone implied that if I continued I'd be scolded. Liesel was unamused.

I held my hands up in surrender before getting up from the table. "I'm just saying," I shrugged as I headed up the stairs. My phone buzzed loudly in my pocket after I closed the door behind me. It was a text from Blair saying she was still two hours away. I collapsed onto my bed and waited until I could hear her family's car pull onto the gravel next door.

When I finally did hear the tires crunching, it was close to midnight. I waited a bit longer until they got settled in before sneaking out to knock on Blair's window. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly shaking with adrenaline at the thought of seeing her again.

"Hey," I grinned when she appeared in the windowsill. "Miss me?"

Blair beamed. "Of course I did."

I held up the keys to my parents speed boat that I had snatched on my way out and dangled them in the air. "Wanna go for a boat ride?"

"Klaus!" Blair whispered harshly but the smile on her face told me she wasn't as against the idea as she was pretending to be. After taking a quick look behind her and listening to see if her family had gone to bed, she turned back towards me. "Do you even know how to drive it?"

"Can't be that hard," I assured her. "I can drive a car, a boat can't be that much different."

She bit back a bigger grin then hesitantly agreed. "If you crash it and we both die I'm going to kill you."

"Deal." I held out my hand and helped her out of the window. We suppressed our laughter as we ran down towards the dock where the boat was. I pressed a finger to my lips and began untying the rope then pushed off the dock.

When the boat was almost about to float onto the shore of the opposite side of the lake, I put the key in the ignition and after fumbling a little bit with the controls, I got the boat to take off. Blair squealed and burst into giggles as the water splashed beneath us and the reflection of the moon in the water glimmered.

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:00 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Summer 16

Klaus drove the boat, probably faster than it probably should have been, into the middle of the lake where my brothers usually went fishing. He stopped the boat and we just sat there for a little.

"So did we have to go out tonight because you missed me so much?" I asked jokingly sitting across his lap.

"You already know the answer to that, B." Klaus said smirking. "And you know you wanted to see me soon."

I smiled and nodded. "Fine, you caught me. I did want to see you." I got up and walked to the edge of the boat and looked out at the water. "We basically have the whole lake to ourselves. I wish it was like this for the whole summer."

"What? Cold, dark and lonely." He said, coming up next to me.

"No." I said, shoving him. "Mysterious." I said, being a little flirtatiously. "Like we can do anything and get away with it."

"Who are you and what have you done with Blair?" He asked, laughing.

I shrugged. "I have spend so much time worrying about everything. What people are thinking, making sure my father won't be disappointed, school. I don't want to do that right now. I want to know what is like to live on the edge." I said.

He smiled and tugged off his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Come on, live on the edge." He said before jumping in the water.

I thought for a minute about taking off my shirt too, but it must of been longer then a minute. I looked back in the water and did not see Klaus there. There was a moment of panic as I looked around for him. I jumped into the water and called his name.

Then I saw him and I swam over to him, his eyes were closed. "Klaus, Klaus!"

He then smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "I think I need mouth to mouth." He leaned in for a kiss, but I turned my head so it landed on my cheek.

"I don't know if I should give it to you?" I said, trying to hold back a smile.

"Do you want me to die?" He asked.

I leaned in and kissed him and he pulled me close. "Is that better?" I asked.

He smile and winked at me. "Oh, yes! I can already tell that this summer will defiantly be a summer to remember."

"It always is."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:36 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

Summer 16

"Do you believe in aliens?" I asked as we were sprawled out on the floor of the boat, looking up at the stars.

"Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't," Blair answered, wrapping her towel more tightly around her before placing her head on my chest. "What about you?"

"I think it's kind of ignorant to think we are the only living species in the whole entire galaxy." I fiddled with the ends of Blair's damp blonde hair. Neither of us spoke for a while, we even drifted asleep until the sun began to rise and rudely woke us up.

Panic raced through me when I realized we were still in the boat in the middle of the lake and I quickly fumbled at the rope to bring up the anchor. Blair watched me, suppressing giggles.

"You're not going to be laughing when we're both grounded," I warned although I couldn't hold back my laughter either. She helped me retrieve the anchor and I pushed the boat to it's limit in order to get it back to the dock.

"I think we're safe," Blair whispered as she tied the boat to the dock. "It doesn't look like anyone's up yet." She reached for my hand, intertwining our fingers as we raced up from the dock back to her still open window.

"Goodnight," I winked after she had climbed back into her room. "Hey! Aren't you going to give me a goodnight kiss?"

She leaned over the window sill, a small smile on her face. "Always the impatient one," Blair murmured before gently pressing her lips to mine. I reached up to cup her face as her fingers ran through my hair. "Goodnight, Klaus," she said when she broke away.

I walked back to my house with the boat keys in hand. Movement from one of the curtains in Liesel's room caught my eye through the window. Anxiety flared but I calmed down, telling myself the most she saw was me and Blair at her window even though, knowing Liesel, she probably saw more than I'd like.

I half expected her to be waiting in the kitchen for me when I came through the sliding glass door but Liesel wasn't there. I hung the boat keys up on the hook by the door then carefully tip toed back up to my room. Sighing, I collapsed onto the bed and closed my eyes to let sleep take me one more time.

The next morning when I sat down at the table for breakfast, my parents exchanged glances and for a moment I thought Liesel had tattled on me.

"What?"

"Nothing," Mom said with a nonchalant smile. "We're just surprised you're sitting down to eat with us this morning."

I stuck my fork through a sausage link. "Why?"

"We would've thought you'd be jumping at the bit to see Blair," Dad chuckled. "Considering they didn't get here until everyone was asleep last night."

I looked over at Liesel, waiting for her to say something, but she sprinkled cheese on her eggs as if there was nothing to say. "Oh, yeah. Well I'm sure her family is still sleeping right now." I mumbled.

"Liesel and I are going to make raspberry jam today if you and Blair would like to join us," Mom said. "You two haven't helped us make jam in years."

"No offense or anything, Mom," I shoved another sausage into my mouth. "But it stopped being fun after we were nine." Liesel glared at me so I quickly finished the rest of my breakfast before heading upstairs before she could drop any atomic bombs.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:54 am
TaylorLove says...

Blair

Summer 16

Seth knocked on my door, making me wake up. "Okay, wake up. It's our first day here, you can't sleep the whole day." He said, jumping on the bed.

I looked at the clock and it read 12:40. "I don't know why I'm so tired." I lied. "I must be getting old."

I slipped on a bikini and grabbed my book. "Good afternoon, Blair." My mom said. "Smoothie?" She said, sliding me a glass.

I took it and smiled. "Thanks mom." I said. "I am going outside."

Grabbing my shades, I walked down to the dock and laid in the hammock. I opened up my romance novel and began to read. I was interrupted when I heard footsteps on the dock. I looked up and saw Klaus standing there. I looked at him through my shades and smile.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" He asked.

I tip my shades down and sigh. "I am trying to read."

He came and sat down next to me. "Blair, you wanted an adventure. This is not an adventure!" He said gesturing to the book.

"Well, it's an adventure novel." I shrugged. "I don't know how to be adventurous."

He took the book and threw it off the dock into the water. "You can start with that."

"Klaus!" I said, hitting him. I took my smoothie and poured it on his head.

"Blair, what the hell?" He said.

"I am just trying to live on the wild side!" I said.

He took some and slapped it on me. I got up and jumped in the water and he jumped in after me.

"You are going to have to make it up to me." He said.

I smirked for a minute. "No, I think you are in the wrong."

"You threw a smoothie on me!" He said, pulling me closer to him.

"Only because you through my book in the water." I said.

He sighed. "Fine, what's my payment?"

I was about to lean in and kiss him, but my brothers came down to the dock to get in the water. I moved away from him quickly. I honestly wanted my brothers to know about our.. well what ever me and Klaus were. I wanted to know what we were. I shrugged and got out of the water, grabbing a towel. Was he even still keeping his promise?

I walked back up to the house and went in my room. He snuck in the window. "Okay, are you really mad that I threw your book in the water?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not." I said. "I'm just thinking and I did not want my brothers to kill you."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:01 pm
thelostone says...

Niklaus

"I'm not one to shy away from the face of danger," I smirked, taking a few steps closer to her until she was pressed up against the back of her closed bedroom door.

"What are you doing?" She giggled, looking up at me from under her long lashes. "We have to be quiet, Seth and my parents are still here. They may not know about us but that doesn't mean they'd like it if they found out we were alone in my room with the door shut."

I pressed my body into hers causing the door to make a small thud. "I'm going to stare into the face of danger."

Blair watched me carefully with a glint of suspicion in her eyes as I strategically placed my lips on the edge of her jaw. With one hand I gripped her waist beneath the towel that was still tightly wrapped around her. With the other I banged my fist loudly on the wall.

"They're going to come see what the noise was," Blair warned breathlessly as I continued to place small kisses along her neck. "You should leave."

"Yeah," I sighed before flicking my tongue against the crook of her neck and grinning to myself when her breathing hitched. "That'd be the safe thing to do." Blair's fingers knotted into my hair and consequently the towel fell to the floor when she let go of it. Her skin was slightly cold under my fingertips from the water.

"Blair!" A voice shouted from the other side of the wall. "Are you okay? What was that noise?"

Blair's body tensed up until I began to suck lightly on a spot between her neck and collar bone. My hands roamed down her waist so I could grab her thigh and hoist it around my hip.

"You have to go," she whispered in a way that told me she didn't want me to go quite yet. "They'll catch-"

I ignored her, cutting her off by bringing my lips back to hers and kissing her greedily, shamelessly, more deeply than any of the other times before. In response, she brought her other leg up my side and wrapped both of them around my waist.

There was a quick knock on the door before the knob jiggled. The weight of our bodies against it kept whoever was on the outside from fully opening the door. Blair's lips left mine so I went back to placing kisses along her shoulders.

"Uh, just a second!" She yelled. "I'm changing."

"Are you okay?" Seth's voice carried through the door. "Did you break something?"

She unwrapped her legs but stayed against the door, giving me a slight push towards the window. I walked with my back facing the wall as slowly as I could watching as Blair smiled nervously while shooting me a look that told me to leave.

"No, nothing's broke." She answered, grabbing the towel from the floor and throwing it at me, mouthing Go! "I just tripped."

I ran back over to her, stole one last kiss, then hurried toward the window.

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes