z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 20)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Probably so. But they've also got big hearts--very kind people. And Lord Loquitur knows what it is to suffer."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Fair enough.” She nodded. “How did they come across her? Surely they don’t keep slaves?”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Again, I don't have all the details." He gestured toward the door. "Shall we walk? It's a bit warm in here for my liking."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh… sorry.” She nodded and stepped towards the door.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He exited and held the door. "So is your sister here for the experience alone or is your father set on setting up betrothal for both of you some years down the line?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:35 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Excellent question,” Rana answered, dipping her head to him as she exited. “Thank you… as I mentioned, he hadn’t told me I was going to stay up here before we left, so I’ve no idea what his plans are for Lia. I imagine he won’t want her so far from home, though. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t arrange her a marriage in the East.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He frowned and shut the door. "I hope he doesn't decide she should stay up here. If she's only just started learning the language she's going to have a terrible time."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:05 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“She’s also only eleven,” Rana pointed out. “That’s too little for marriage. She needs a few years yet to get an education and grow up a bit.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:07 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Exactly!" He nodded. "But with arrangements like that I've seen parents do betrothal rather than an outright marriage. A sort of down payment, as it were."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:11 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Ah… I guess I can’t guarantee he won’t do that, then. But… it seems unlikely. He’ll probably want to keep her close. Baby of the family and all.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:21 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"She's the youngest?" he said in surprise. "I'd heard--" That was rude, don't say that. "--that Eastern aristocrats were expected to have many children." Better than saying that the Eastern aristocrats took all of the Jackrabbit's customs to heart.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:35 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Rana smirked a little, figuring she knew what he really meant. “I mean, I suppose if we’re considering ALL of my father’s children, she’s not the youngest. But he only has custody of the two of us. The others all live with their other parent.”

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(That's true, but Gowan really only keeps track of his kids based on when they were born and who he sired them on unless they do something of particular note. They'll come to him for help, favors, or to do him a favor sometimes. He's got a LOT of varying ages, but he's only in his thirties so I think there'd only be one or two older than Rana, and not by much.)

"That's customary where you're from?" He was a little surprised--he'd gotten the impression that blood was very important in Eastern culture. "Do you know your other siblings at all?"
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:45 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Gotcha. I edited my last message ^^)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:45 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(And I have edited mine in kind!)

she/her

while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind