z

Young Writers Society

Beyond the Darkness

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed May 11, 2022 12:04 am
Ljungtroll says...

Tarkin checked that his comm was still working. It was, so he continued on his way. He could see the speeder tracks leading toward another tree line.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed May 11, 2022 12:22 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(so wondering at what point they should come to some kind of agreement instead of trying to murder each other?)

Luckily the speeder was easy to follow, but the tracks became harder to find in the grass and rocky ground.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 12:37 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Maybe one of them has the quarry and is about to kill and the other tries to reason?)

He kept close bending every now and then to feel the ground and make sure he wasn't walking blindly in the wrong direction.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 2:14 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(that would work. Sirejj would probably be the one trying to kill them since Tarkin wants the person alive)

Sirejj paused. The trail shifted. The person on the speeder was doing more than blindly running. They were headed somewhere specific. He followed still, but the trail kept twisting and changing directions.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 2:18 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Definitely)

Tarkin was gaining on the Zabrak now; he was a few dozen yards behind now. He kept his eyes on the trail.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Sirejj paused. He felt something. He wasn't alone. He mumbled a curse as he looked for which way the speeder had turned. A soft glow came from his staff as he touched the ground in front of him. A thin wisp of green smoke darted off down a different trail and he leaped to follow. It moved fast and left no trace. If he didn't keep up, he would be back to searching for tracks.

115 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 2:36 am
Ljungtroll says...

Tarkin saw the glow and paused, then took off after it. Damn, his adversary must have gotten there first.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 7:13 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

It wasn't long before Sirejj heard struggling ahead. He slowed. In front of him he saw a figure, desperately trying to free their speeder from the brambles. He grinned and scaled a tree, his staff in hand. The figure swore and tugged at the handles, but was suddenly knocked down flat on his back, knocking his helmet off and revealing his face. He flailed, reaching for his blasted, but it was ripped from his hand and thrown into the brush.
Sirejj snarled, the sharp tip of the staff nearly at the man's throat and his booted foot on his chest. The staff suddenly lit up, electricity coursing down the shaft. All the human could see was a face, curled back in a wicked snarl, the light reflecting off his horns and bright yellow eyes. "Not even with the help of that bike could you escape me..." The man was clearly terrified, as Sirejj appeared almost ghastly in the dark. He thrived from that fear. "Looks like you've come to the end of your rope."

115 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 7:15 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"That's enough." Tarkin had finally caught up and emerged from the brush just as Sirejj was finishing speaking. "I'm afraid you'll have to surrender that man to me." He had his rifle at the ready, safety off and leveled at Sirejj.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 7:19 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Sirejj looked up. "You're getting in my way." He was ready to block the blaster bolt if it came his way. A gutteral snarl came from him again. "If you know anything about this filth than you know he deserves what I'm about to do to him." The electrostaff pulsed, a wisp green smoke coming from the handle and beginning to encircle his feet.

115 Reviews

Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"It's not for you to decide," Tarkin said firmly. "What are you, a bounty hunter? There are greater authorities that want him alive, and it's my duty to make sure he remains as such. Give him to me." He was wary of this smoke that seemed to follow the Zabrak; it could very well be toxic.

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 2:53 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"And who are you to tell me I can't decide what I do with my quarry?" He snarled, the thin strands of smoke snaking through the brambles as if they were alive. "And what "greater authorities" do you serve? If it's the murderous Count then I'll have to cut your throat."

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 2:56 am
Ljungtroll says...

"I am Wilhuff Tarkin of the Rebellion," Tarkin said stiffly, flashing his patch. "Call off your wisps there; I won't shoot if you turn him over to me immediately."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:06 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I don't think I will, I'd rather face you then return to my employers empty handed." Rebellion. What did they want with this rat? Maybe he should just kill him and then dispatch the officer, now that they were on more level ground. The green smoke dissipated. The man, still under his boot and and staff, hadn't moved a muscle. "What makes you think that rifle is of any danger to me?"

115 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2022 3:08 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Rifles are generally dangerous," Tarkin said slowly, "to anyone who isn't Force-sensitive. And every Force-sensitive, minus the Imperials and a few notable exceptions, is imprisoned in the Citadel."

she/her

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content