z

Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri May 20, 2022 8:08 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"That's not really saying much." She sawed away. The process was miserably slow, but it was coming along. The shackles were heavy but not to a ridiculous point. They'd be off eventually.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"No," he agreed. "I wonder why I created them with such a tendency toward violence.'
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I will say..." She paused for a moment and flexed her hand, trying to prevent cramping. "...it's not a bad thing to have fighters available."
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 8:30 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Not in this day and age, certainly," he agreed. "It just seems like a strange thing for me to do."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 4:25 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(probably not gonna be around much today as I work 4 - 9:30 for some reason)

"So...you don't remember making them?"

112 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2022 9:25 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(That's okay)

He shook his head. "I said before, I have no memory before waking up in my cell. We've deduced who I might be with the use of wall carvings in villages."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 4:06 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She wondered how old this guy was exactly but wasn't curious enough to ask. She went from crouching on her feet to sitting in front of Roland. She took off her hat and set it beside her - the opposite side of her from where Bug was. She saw him as the type to snatch things.

112 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 4:11 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You must have seen some of them," he ventured. "In your travels. Mostly in bot-occupied villages but some in human villages as well."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 4:19 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"And you think they were talking about you?" She had seen carvings but hadn't paid much attention to the specific details .

112 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 4:23 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It shows a man with hair like mine and a pair of spectacles commanding robots. Or they're kneeling."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 8:25 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Description seems to match." Unless the robots were particularly useful against the spirits, they were just another group of beings to compete with. Luckily, despite their apparent tendency towards violence, they didn't use up food and water that humans needed.

112 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 8:33 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"That's what the others think, and I suppose I believe them. Though I feel awkward holding any wrenches."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 9:57 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Maybe it's a relative or something. Or you could have just forgotten I guess."

112 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 10:04 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"I could have forgotten," he agreed. "And I really don't know if I have any relatives."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2022 10:06 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She just continued to saw away. She'd take breaks every so often and try to shake the cramps out of her hands.

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit