z

Young Writers Society

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

256 Reviews

Reviews: 256
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:11 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Pel glanced at the burlap drawstring bag on Tempest Briar's back. It did look a little worn, so he pointed forward and to the right. "Good idea. I think I saw some bags over there. I'll stay here looking for some shirts and scarves!"

Pel pulled out a beige scarf with white accents and wrapped it around his neck thoughtfully. Not bad... It was surprisingly warm, despite being less than half a centimeter thick.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:46 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

A employee approached the duo. “Uh, excuse me? Can I help you?”

Tempest Briar shook his head. “No, we’re good.”

The employee glanced at the two of them. “Are you sure?”

Tempest Briar sighed. “Yes.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:13 am
Spearmint says...

Pel offered the employee a smile, trying his best to look as if he belonged. "Yep. Thank you, but we're fine." He ignored the fact that he was barefoot and wearing slightly threadbare clothes. Pel had been yanked from the kitchen; what could one expect? Not that the employee knew that...

The employee arched an eyebrow and looked pointedly at Pel's lack of shoes and at Tempest Briar's clothes. "Not to be rude, but... are you both certain you can afford to shop here? If not, I might recommend a shop on a lower level."
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

48 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:41 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Tempest Briar smiled. “We can, I assure you.”

The employee took a step back. “Okay, then. Let me know if you need anything!” They walked back to the front counter.

Tempest Briar shook his head. “Damn. Hey, by the way-“ He looked up at his companion. “What’s your name?”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:16 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Oh!" Pel blushed. "Sorry. Where are my manners? My name's Aapeli, though I go by Pel for short. What about you?"

A couple in stylish dresses walked past Pel and Tempest Briar and gave them an odd glance. Pel smiled awkwardly at them.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Tempest Briar. Now that’s my first name, mind you.” She tried on a very strange hat to cover the blue roots of his hair. “How do I look, Pel? Like a rich man ready to conquer the world?”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Uhh. I mean... I like the color? Though the way it flops to the side is a little..." Pel tilted his hand back and forth in the air and tried to stifle a laugh. Then he fluffed up the scarf around his own neck. "How about me? Do I blend in yet?"
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:34 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

He snickered. “You look like you can plan a workhouse over a cuppa. Absolutely smashing.”

The door opened, three rather large metal beasts walked in. The employee perked. “Those two over there, androids.” They pointed to Tempest Briar and Pel.

One of them nodded and approached the duo. “Are you supposed to be here?”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:39 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Pel went from amused to alarmed in the space of a second. "Uhh yeah, of course!" His hands started sweating.

The center android crossed their arms with a creaking of metal. "Your accent gives you away, foreigner."
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:44 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“That’s racist.” Tempest Briar huffed, and crossed his arms.

The “android” picked Tempest Briar up by the shoulder, squeezing so hard she had to grit her teeth.

“You don’t belong here, and you’re going to The Dirt.”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:52 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Wait! N-no one has to go to the dirt!" Pel gulped. "The dirt sounds really bad. You're not planning on killing and burying us in dirt or anything, right? A-anyways, we can just leave peacefully! We didn't mean any harm, I swear."

Pel backed towards the entrance of the shop. "See? Leaving right now!" The androids swiveled to watch him expressionlessly as his right foot stepped outside the shop's boundaries. Immediately, a piercing alarm rang through the air.

"Come with us, thief." One of the androids roughly picked up Pel.

"What?" He glanced at his scarf and his eyes widened. "Oh no, no, this is all a mistake!"

"Yeah. Your mistake."
Last edited by Spearmint on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:05 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

The android tucked a screaming Tempest Briar under his? its? arm and walked off.

The employee fixed the display and sat back at the counter, smiling to themself as the duo was dragged to The Dirt.
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:17 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Sage Barthacle
Pronouns: she/her, probably
Age: 18, maybe 19. >.> Sage loses track of time quite often.
Appearance: Medium brown skin, amber eyes, and a high ponytail. Her hair has streaks of green (the result of an experiment from a few months ago). And as for clothes, Sage doesn't really care, as long as they're comfortable and have lots of pockets. Sage also has prosthetic hands and forearms. Her forearms work as small compartments that she stores things like morsels of food and tools in.
Personality: Sage is kind of a quirky character. More often than not, her head is in the clouds (or smog clouds), and if you ask her a question, she's likely to give a completely unrelated answer. That's if she answers at all (usually Sage is too wrapped up in her own thoughts and ideas to notice what's going on around her). Overall, though, she's a friendly person and genuinely wants to make the world a better place.
Background: Sage pretty much grew up in a world where Hell and Earth collided. She's met some demons in her life. (Physical ones. Though she may have some mental ones too. >.>)

Sage

Sage had been in the middle of reassembling a teabot when she was unceremoniously transported to a... park? There was grass and animals were running around. Sage frowned. Had she sleepwalked somewhere again? But no, she distinctly remembered the teabot she'd been working on-- it was one of the latest models with a shiny pink finish. It was from a new customer, so she'd been determined to get it right.

Sage tucked the screwdriver in her hand into one of her arm compartments and took out a small candy from her other arm compartment. As she sucked on it, she tried to observe her surroundings in order to figure out how to get home and finish up that repair. But it was rather difficult when she'd just had a wonderful idea for a bot that would be a best friend for pets and throw balls and pick up their feces and serve as a food and water bowl for them, and ooh! there would be customizable options, of course, like color and style and hmm, would it run on batteries or... Sage got lost in her thoughts once again.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:32 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Cyra
Pronouns: Yes
Appearance: https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202208/1 ... P8nxt8.png Please also note the four arms.
Personality: Cyra is known for being angry, violent, and generally a force of terror. Between the battle-ax on her back, the two hatchets at his waist, and the scowl practically tattooed on their face, you can bet your entire coin purse that they are intimidating. They're bitter and usually speak in a language of petty insults and death threats. If you're close friends with them, you're not included in the latter. Usually.
Background: Cyra grew up in the British Underground, where they spent their years involved in a rebellion group, blowing glass and learning how to fight. Their mother died as a young child, causing his father to fall into a deep depression and become absent in their life. Cyra learned young to depend entirely on xemself and those that aren't strong die by morning.

Cyra's hands immediately went to their top hat to prevent it from falling off. Where the hell am I? The ground was covered in grass, which screamed Street of Kings, but children and very small dog look-a-likes ran across it. Unless the Prime Minister suddenly had an army of small children, he decided actually to treat decently, this was no rich man's land.

Everyone around them seemed human, which usually wasn't good news. "It's always something." They mentally sent a middle finger to God before looking for the nearest exit.
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:47 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

...and the batteries would be rechargeable, of course, but could they perhaps be recharged by a small device on the pet's collar to pick up heat energy? Or would that harm the pet? Hm, would grass be an effective source of energy... And how many arms should the bot have, if it had any at all? Two? Four, like that scowling person nearby?

Sage blinked.

She took a closer look at the people around her. None of them had horns... and wait. It'd been a long time since she'd seen the sky free of smog. Sage glanced at the four-armed person and frowned. "Hello there. You don't seem like a demon. And this doesn't seem like the Underworld."
mint, she/her

=D

For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein