Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed May 18, 2022 3:29 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(Bug is the best)

Not intending to inquire as to what emotions those were, she kept the subject moving. "So if someone stabbed you." She looked at Bug. "Would that hurt?"
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed May 18, 2022 3:35 am
Ljungtroll says...

(He's my little monster, based on Foney Bone from the comic Bone and WX-78 from the game Don't Starve Together.)

"No," he said grimly, "but it would anger me enough that I might overheat, at which point everybody should flee."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:38 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Interesting. Maybe he'd blow up if that happened. Might be a good last resort for a fight sometime. She went quiet again, trying to get a better idea of what these robots really were.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:44 am
Ljungtroll says...

Jackson's head turned to watch her so they were facing almost completely backwards but still walked forward. "So. You don't seem to have met many of us before."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:45 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Not any that spoke or acted alive. Then again it's been a while since I've seen anything living."

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:52 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Hm, how strange. I have seen quite a few of us who seem...lost."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:54 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Lost?"

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Like the gears in their heads have stopped turning. They just wander or repeat motions. It's distressing to see."
"They need to be wound," Bug added. "But a lot of them have broken keys."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 4:00 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Is there a specific side your kind is loyal to?" She asked. Might as well learn something about them.

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 1:04 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"I imagine most of us are on the side that isn't hammering out keys off left and right," Bug snorted. "The few of us that can still think about sides, that is."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:10 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Were they being specifically targeted? She wondered if the enemy could have a particular interest in them. But she didn't see anything incredibly useful about them other than they were possible just another hand against them.

115 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:13 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"I guess Shingles is lucky he has no power source," Jackson mused. "Doesn't need food, doesn't need to be wound."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:22 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"What even is he anyhow?" She looked around to make the silent, grinning, scarecrow-looking person wasn't nearby.

115 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"No clue. We found him in a torched field before we met Roland and he sort of just tags along. Really creepy, but useful?" Jackson shrugged. "I could do without the violence but at least he doesn't consume resources."

she/her

75 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"So he doesn't run off anything? No food? Fuel? Makes no sense."

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon