z

Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 14, 2022 1:01 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Very true." He nodded sagely. "I suppose that's for the best."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat May 14, 2022 1:37 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Silence again. It wasn't awkward to her because she didn't have a desire to carry on the conversation, but she couldn't speak for the others.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 1:40 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Sooo...." Jackson hesitated. "Do humans eat different food depending on which human you are?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Not really. But some people like different things." She'd eaten everything from stray dogs to crawling insects since the war began. She'd forgotten what decent food tasted like. Thinking of any kind of fresh fruit was enough to drive a person batty.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 2:02 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Like what?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 2:05 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She wasn't sure how to explain the concept of taste to a robot. "Like...just different things. There's more kinds of food besides bugs and dry bread. Or at least there used to be."

115 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 2:11 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Like what?" Jackson asked, intrigued.

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2022 2:16 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She sighed. "Like meat and cheese. And fruit. There's too much to explain. Back before the war nobody willingly ate any of the dried rations we're using now."

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 2:34 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Wow somehow I didn't see this?)

"How does it taste?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 2:41 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Not sure how to explain that concept. Fruit is usually sweet. Cheese can be salty. Do you know what any of that means?"

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 2:43 am
Ljungtroll says...

"I have heard the terms used before, yes. But I have no concept of their actual substance."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 2:48 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Well can't help you out with that one. But none of those things are really available anymore, so you're not missing out."

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 2:58 am
Ljungtroll says...

"No, probably not." Jackson looked wistfully out into the wasteland and the setting sun. "I do wish I could experience something like that, though. Anything."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:10 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Can you feel anything?" She had no idea to what extent these things functioned as humans. They seemed sentient and not merely programmed, but she wasn't quite sure.

115 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2022 3:18 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Emotions," Jackson replied. "Lots of those. And I sort of feel things physically? But I can take of my arm without it actually hurting."
"I can feel my joints freezing up," Bug volunteered morosely.

she/her

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet