z

Young Writers Society

Myriad Reckonings

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun May 26, 2024 12:40 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Vader paused a moment, sorting out the questions in his head. He had several. He had received an interesting report from his inquisitors concerning Tarkin and one of their targets. But that would have to wait. Visiting Eriadu would give him a chance to explore those questions.

"It is possible she does not know the identity of her employer." He said, pondering the situation. "But it what she does know, we will soon discover." He had no lack of faith in his methods of extracting information.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun May 26, 2024 12:47 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Excellent. I apologize for contact you with such short notice--how soon will you be able to come? The assassin will need to be moved to a more temperate climate if we're keeping her here for multiple days."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 12:55 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I'll be leaving immediately. I'm sure my commanders can keep the fleet under control for now." His words were tinged with a little sarcasm. He was often disappointed with the performance of the officers beneath him. He was often forced to take matters into his own hands to take the necessary action. Tarkin was one of the exceptions to the list of those he trusted to further the objective of the empire, no matter the cost.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 1:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tarkin raised his eyebrows in surprise. It wasn't usual for Vader to drop everything like this. He didn't know whether to be pleased or concerned, but he erred on the side of caution and decided it was a good thing. "Wonderful. I'll see you soon, then. Will you need accommodations for your meditation chamber?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 2:55 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
here's a pretty darn epic version of the imperial march that really makes it sound like a true Anakin/Vader theme. https://youtu.be/UOEaZOHyo6w?si=r6Mk0fTTbRTsuT-r

"That would be appreciated." Tarkin's timing couldn't have been better. There had been a lul in activity in his stationed sector. The scattered rebel cells had been suffering greatly to increasing pressure from the empire and were for the most part laying low. It had been some time since he'd faced a challenge. The lack of activity often left him alone with his thoughts, and that was unacceptable.

Though this would likely be over quickly, it would give him an excuse to do something other than terrorize his fleet for a few rotations.

115 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 12:04 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Samuel Kim is pretty legendary

"Very well. I'll expect you within the next twelve hours or so." Hyperspace lanes in the Outer Rim were few and far between, but the Core had made a conscious effort to make sure there were some leading straight to Eriadu. Wherever Vader was, he wouldn't take long to reach them.

she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 3:10 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
he is.

Also I think Sirejj has a right to be uncomfortable around a 7 foot tall holy terror with questionable mental stability who is arguably the most powerful force wielder in the galaxy. Everyone should be scared of him. I feel like we always get a lack of screen time with Vader to really showcase the type of villain he is.

"I will prepare my ship. It will be a welcome break to see Eriadu again. I look forward to seeing what you've been up to since we last spoke." He clasped his hands behind him. It had been some time since he'd visited Tarkin's homeworld.

Perhaps once they discovered the would-be assassin's employer, he would be able to find them and make an example of them. Though he imagined Tarkin would like to take that honor more than anyone.

115 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 3:15 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Oh without a doubt! Rogue One does such a good job of showing how frightening he is.

"There's been precious little to do outside of work," Tarkin replied with a wry smile. "Farewell, my friend." He ended the call, smoothing back his hair with a heavy sigh. Good, that was done. Now to find Sirejj and see if he'd made any progress with the spear.

she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 3:39 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
Sirejj is just like "wait you and this dude are friends???"

Sirejj hadn't done much with it. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with his own staff in his hands in silence. His eyes were closed, and every so often he would mutter a few words and the runes on his staff would glow faintly.

The whispers of the universe were discernable in many ways. The magicks of the Sisters were only one of many. It paid no heed to the constructs of the Dark or the Light. The Sisters' power was far beyond Sith and Jedi, for their roots were older and stronger and ran deeper than the most ancient of force users. Though the Dathomiri had been all but extinguished, the magicks of their people still called to him. He still heard their voices.

115 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 3:53 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Hehe I think that's most people's reactions honestly.

Tarkin got up and exited his room. He guessed Sirejj would have retired to his chambers, so he rapped on the door. "I've made the call," he said, just loud enough for him to hear. "He'll be here within twelve hours."

she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 5:06 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
thinking a time skip probably.

He flinched when Tarkin knocked, his focus interrupted. He heard what he said but didn't answer.

115 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 5:09 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Sounds good. Tarkin is gonna let Thalassa know as well in the meantime. Do you want to start?

she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 5:34 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
if you could that'd be cool, I can but it would be way later

115 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 5:52 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Certainly! I'm prepping a big dinner for my parents' anniversary (belated) but as soon as that's done I'll get started

she/her

75 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 7:18 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
k. We're over here trying to get ready for extended family that's going to come stay for a week that I didn't know about till last night haha.

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan