z

Young Writers Society

Myriad Reckonings

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed May 22, 2024 12:28 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Part of Sirejj was curious to see what Tarkin would do to this phindian when he got her back to the city and into a cell. He had no doubt she had some sort of plan in mind, or else she wouldn't be so carefree.

"Do you have a name?" He asked. Names gave power. It was a start to unravelling her.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed May 22, 2024 12:51 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I do indeed!"

Tarkin rolled his eyes, but let them talk. Sirejj seemed to be drawing information out of her, even if it was fairly useless information.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:00 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Would you care to share it or will that be added to the list of things we have to pry from you?" He said with a smile, as if it wasn't even a threat at all.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:03 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I don't give my name to enemies, sorry." She returned the smile; it was a disjointed smile, as if the expression didn't come naturally to her. "How about you? Have you got a name that you'd care to share?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:16 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

He chuckled, but it was colder than before. "You're smarter than you look." She was. She was hard to read, but she was in her element now. Chatty. Playing games. Returnings his jabs like it was just fun to her. Wait till they had her in a cage.

"No, I'd like to leave my name from the record for now." He glanced at Tarkin then back to her. "Perhaps later when we're better acquainted." His last sentence had a subtle sharpness to it.

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:21 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Fair enough." Her tone cooled just slightly, but she was still comparatively upbeat. "What were you doing on Atoa, then? Anything special?"

Tarkin's jaw tightened, and he glanced at Sirejj. They were close to the house, now. He'd take the Phindian down to one of the meat freezers to question her. Let her be surrounded by his family's dead prey. Maybe that would shake her sunny disposition.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:28 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Chasing ghosts" would have been a quippy remark if the circumstances would've been different. Since that's close to what they were doing, he refrained from making that joke.

"And that interests you why?" He replied.

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Hehe a good joke even so. Tarkin would have been so mad

"I'm a curious person. You never know what might be useful down the line!" She raised an eyebrow. "Maybe I could help you. There's no need for all the unpleasantness I'm sure the good Governor there is going to rain down on me. Maybe we can work something out."

"I think not," Tarkin said flatly.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 1:49 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
Tarkin would have. If this had been some idiot bounty hunter he might have said it but he's still careful around her for now. I'm kinda regretting not making him say it bc it would've been hilarious

also, watch sirejj get irritated by the exact things he does to other people lol

"The best chance you have is to tell us who hired you. You may have to break some promises if your life is on the line. Then maybe."

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 2:08 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Hehe perfect

"Again, I can't tell you. I'd love for my wellbeing to be preserved, but unfortunately that's not something I can budge on."

"I'm sure we can work something out to convince you," Tarkin said as they neared the gates.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 3:07 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Sirejj was curious to watch Tarkin's interrogation. He'd let him take out some anger on the Phindian first and then slip in and attempt to pry into her head.

As they neared the gates Sirejj lowered the spear so it was almost touching her. "One wrong move and you're pinned to the ground with your own weapon, just so we understand each other."

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 3:17 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh, there was never any doubt. You're a quick one--you and the Governor both. I know when I'm beaten!" She looked up at the mansion. "You have to wonder how much money went into this place. And where the money came from."

"Free labor and savvy business practices," Tarkin supplied. "And many years of making ourselves indispensable to the Core worlds."

"At least you're honest."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 3:59 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Sirejj found himself quite irritated at her attitude. He looked forward to questioning her if Tarkin left him anything to question.

As they entered the gates there was quite the stir. The governor was wounded and they had captured an offworld prisoner in the forest; it drew everyone's attention. Sirejj stared down anyone who appeared too curious, most knew meddling would get them in trouble. Even the servants weren't quite sure how to react. There was the pounding of boots as a detachment of guards made their way towards them.

115 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 12:19 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Take her to freezer two," Tarkin told them, passing the Phindian over. "I'll be with her shortly." He turned to Sirejj. "I'm going to medbay to have this patched up. Shouldn't take more than half an hour, but I want you to wait until I'm there to interrogate her before you go inside."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2024 12:40 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"You don't think I'd tell you everything I got out of her?" He had planned on waiting but one could never pass up an opportunity to question orders. "If you insist. I'll make sure she gets there without incident."

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone