z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 20)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Ewan shook his head. "No need to apologize. We all need practice, right? What better way to practice than to chat with people?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Rana smiled a little, still blushing. She nodded bashfully. "Yes... thank you."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2024 4:05 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Do you have a focus you'd like to work on once you receive more responsibilities?" he asked. "Diplomacy, charity work, military strategy, cultural endorsement...?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2024 3:08 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Um… I think I’d prefer charity work, but I’ll likely gravitate towards the military I think. My skills are probably best used there.” A complete lie. But perhaps it’d let her save face once Father forced her into the military. Make it seem like it was her choice rather than coercion.

(I’m so mad about the concussion lol there’s a lady I hateeeeee at work and in the last month she broke our boat, broke our truck, and now broke my head lol I hope she gets written up. I’d love to see her fired)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2024 12:24 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Holy shit
That's a serious mess. Is that the same lady you had problems with last year?)

"Interesting juxtaposition," he mused. "Perhaps you could do both?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2024 3:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Likely lol I don’t remember complaining about her last year but she’s been infuriating for a year and a half now so probably one and the same
It was gross negligence in every case. Like. Just last month I taught 3 people who had never done this method how to do it. And not a single one hurt me or themselves or anyone else. And yet little miss “I’m a biologist and you’re just an idiot technician” who’s been doing this for three years decided to crack me on the temple with a metal pole)

“They’re rather diametrically opposed, no?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2024 1:54 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Things have managed to go as wrong and as right as possible since we last spoke.)

(That's some absolute bonkerdashery on her part, though. I hope she gets/got fired!)

"There's nuance in all situations," he said, conscious of the sage tone he'd adopted. He gave a sheepish smile. "Or so I'm told. Politicians are supposed to look for gray areas, according to my mothers."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2024 1:36 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Uh oh what happened?)
(And unfortunately she hasn’t yet, if ever, but the supervisors are definitely fed up with her)
(On the plus side! I legally got my name changed yesterday!! I am waiting for the documents to come in to make it fully official but I had my court date yesterday)

Rana smirked a little, then sobered. “What’s that like? Having mothers? Is it quite different from having a father?” That seemed like a fair question to ask, given he had 3 parents.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2024 1:52 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Got news that my car is totaled, which means I need a new car. They're likely only gonna give me 2000 as compensation.
On top of that my computer charger broke while I was writing a final, which meant I had to take an hour to wait for my dad to bring me a new one since the computer was on low battery anyway.
The good stuff is that we had orange chicken last night and I got an A on one of my papers from earlier in the semester.)

(Ayyy congrats dude!!!)

"Hm." He thought for a moment. "I wouldn't know, I don't think. They're all just my parents. They share duties, help me grow in their own individual ways."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat May 11, 2024 4:30 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Yikes I’m so sorry to hear that, hope it all gets resolved soon!)
(And thanks! Finally got my paperwork yesterday and got my license changed over. Gonna go to SSA Monday)

“I suppose that makes sense.” Rana nodded. “My mother has never really been in the picture, so I’ve only got a singular frame of reference.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat May 11, 2024 4:40 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(That's the best!! I wish you all the luck with your new name.)

"Ahh, fair enough. May I ask what it's like having only one parent, then?"

she/her

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard