Young Writers Society

The Fabulous (Rhythm and) Blue's Reviews

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm
BluesClues says...

Hi, all!

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here at YWS after a pretty long absence, but what with my schoolwork and laziness, mostly all I've been doing is posting on my wall. I haven't even posted my own stuff to review! So:

If you have something you want reviewed, please post below.

I WILL review:
1. poetry
2. novel chapters or excerpts*
3. flash fiction or any short story under 2000 words**

I WILL NOT review:
1. fan-fic
2. lyrics
(I do not read or write either and thus will not be able to give you helpful feedback.)

I'm not a huge fan of action or romance genres, but if you'd like action or romance reviewed, I will review it.

So what do you need to do?
Post the genre and rating of your work and give me a link. Let me know if there's anything specific you want me to read for (i.e. character building), as well as anything you want me to ignore because you know it's a problem (i.e. a certain plot hole). I will do my best to tell you why something isn't working, what might work instead, or what is working.

I do not require any reviews in return as the things I have submitted previously have mostly been revised by now.

Thanks for traveling Air Blue!

~BlueAfrica

*I have a lot of school work to do and it's easier for me to read short pieces. So if you have a novel chapter that you want reviewed, I will do it in 2000-word segments. It might take me a while, but I'll keep you updated as I finish each section.

**Ditto for any short stories over 2000 words. I'll do it if you really want me to; just understand that I will do it in 2000-word segments.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 am
BluesClues says...

*Just a head's up: if you post something this weekend (2/22) I will not get to it until Sunday (2/24) as I'll be out of town for a silence retreat. (No Internet...technology would defeat the purpose.)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 pm
Glauke says...

Hi, it'd be great if you could review my two new poems. They're both E-rated.
Thanks so much! :D

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99970
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99969
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott